Official Gattis Fired!!

Advertisement
Feelings? You seem worked up. Meanwhile, I’m thrilled. Gattis was atrocious. Feel free to show me where I guaranteed he would be the OC in 2023.

I’m sure you’ll find a ton of material of me mocking the timeline, Gattis’ offense, Mario’s rolodex, failure to recruit WRs, bourbon, and other ****ery…

Did it take too long. Absolutely it did. But if cribby said Mario’s hands were tied, his hands were tied. I’m sure it took too long for him…

Today, I was asking about a 3 week window in the middle of January and whether it made a difference. Some don’t think it did. I think it may have. That’s how conversations work.

My take was Mario’s a great recruiter that has a roster to flip and gaps to fill and it seems counterintuitive to think Mario of all people couldn’t have improved his roster more without his hands tied behind his back with extra time before the portal round and NSD closed out…

Don’t be so upset… a huge issue has been resolved and we have a new opportunity.

Enough of this backtracking bullcrap. Enough of this "that's how conversations work" pablum. And stop trying to hide behind Cribby. Just because Cribby is too nice to call out your Skip Bayless posts doesn't mean that others aren't.

You, and everyone else, have been been told for over a week that there were complicated issues that needed to be resolved. It's not that hard to figure out that other people besides "Josh Gattis" may be involved, and it's pretty easy to be respectful of those who reported issues with Gattis.

Stop acting like a martyr. "Today, I was asking about a 3 week window in the middle of January and whether it made a difference." Yes, you chose to ignore the human impact of what happened to talk about how Mario failed to get any WRs for 3 weeks, even though it's been 7 months since we got our last WR verbal. There was no "conversation", it was just the 1,000th time you aired the same exact grievance you've been pushing for months.

Just stop digging your heels.

And do the right thing, by saying "Yeah, I ****ed up, I shouldn't have been whining about WR recruiting on the Gattis Fired thread. My priorities are screwed up and I made a mistake, and I'm not going to keep doubling down by fighting with people who tried to steer me into better conversational territory, I won't use any Eddie-Haskell-I'm-so-innocent defenses, and I'm not going to use Cribby's name to make it look like I was talking with him."

You did this. Instead of being happy that Gattis was fired, you had to pivot to "but January WR recruiting, tho".

Admit your mistake, take your medicine, and move on.

Advertisement
I'll bet he showed you his portfolio🤣

joke selling GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back