Tears Gator Tears

I actually think UF can win this Tennessee game, and no - it's not me lauding UF's potential. It's moreso that I think Tennessee is extremely overrated this year...much like the rest of the SEC. They struggled to put away a dog ***** UVA in the opener, and then proceeded to play around with Austin Peay for 45 minutes, winning just 30-13. That high-flying offense had only 13 points in the first half against an FCS opponent...mind you, Austin Peay allowed 49 to Southern Illinois in Week 1.

The SEC is very, very mid this year. It might end up being the 3rd or 4th-best conference, which is insane to say. It would make it that much sweeter should UF fail to make a bowl game. SCar looks atrocious (especially in the trenches), Vandy is bad, UF looked atrocious vs. a mediocre Utah team (given the available personnel), Tennessee has been less than impressive, UK struggled to put away Eastern Kentucky, Mizzou almost lost to Middle Tennessee State....that's just the east I'm talking about.

I still think they lose to Tenn, but Tenn needs to fix some things. Only an 7pt favorite is telling, and it opened at 8.5 (I think). Immediate action on the desperate home team that while we like to poke fun at them, does have some talented guys. Conference opener in front of a sold-out crowd. This is almost a life-or-death situation for the Gators, and their fans will treat it as such.

Here's the Heupel fixing things and Tennessee running away with it 35-20.
Of course they can. Tennessee know how to blow games to UF. It's been their obsession for 30 years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s amazing what a top notch OL can do for an offense. You’ve always talked about stacking monsters in the trenches. We need to keep doing that - high school, portal…

It is nuts. Also why I do not worry about recruiting and OL with Mario. I understand some people are down with the lack of star power along the OL in this class but whats to say another Matt lee and Cohen try to be portal bound next year? And further whats not to say some of the "lower" rated kids dont blossom? I mean not like he just took the 1,150th rated player from the 2022 recruiting class and turned him into the ACC OL of the week against prob top 8 DL in all of college football.

It is nuts. Also why I do not worry about recruiting and OL with Mario. I understand some people are down with the lack of star power along the OL in this class but whats to say another Matt lee and Cohen try to be portal bound next year? And further whats not to say some of the "lower" rated kids dont blossom? I mean not like he just took the 1,150th rated player from the 2022 recruiting class and turned him into the ACC OL of the week against prob top 8 DL in all of college football.
On top of that, kinsler, tinilau, and okunlola get added to the mix.

Advertisement
I know but we still need to get some of those upper level kids too.

Advertisement
Shout out to the guy who called aTm the worst team in the SEC without as so much looking at the team you root for being worse.
Well, here’s what the 247 writers think…

IMG_0086.jpeg
IMG_0087.png
IMG_0088.jpeg
IMG_0089.jpeg
IMG_0090.jpeg
IMG_0092.jpeg
IMG_0093.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back