Tears Gator Tears

7xpltr.jpg

Advertisement
It looked like after half Utah went full safety mode. No more big shot plays on offense, keep the clock running, knowing FL could not beat them without help i.e. Utah ******** themselves. Utah is a very well coached team. Vast majority of those yards for Mertz were on YAC and screens etc. Then once they got into the redzone, Utah would dial up some more defense. They basically went prevent the second half and made him dink and dunk down the field. To his credit he was able to do that but again Utah was without eight starters including their best DL and captain of their D. Anyone watching the game would come away with the impression that it was never as close as the score/state sheet indicated.
Mertz wasn't great, but he's not the reason why they lost. He got sacked a ton. Poor offensive line and WRs were not getting open.

I'm not here to defend him, but that Gator teams sucks a big one. 42 yards rushing not counting QB sacks.

Do yall want to know a little underrated nugget…Napier has the same record as Taggert at FSU at this point…yikes on bikes
****. Realistically… let’s say it’s a 4-8 season but it’s a blood bath against UT, UGa, LSU and FSU. If Billy is 10-15 with big losses in conference would he see a 3rd season?

Advertisement
****. Realistically… let’s say it’s a 4-8 season but it’s a blood bath against UT, UGa, LSU and FSU. If Billy is 10-15 with big losses in conference would he see a 3rd season?

He HAS to…financially he HAS too. Paying Mullen, paying this staff, then OVERPAYING for the next staff….gonna have us bringing in FAU level players but after last night….that might be an insult to FAU lol

Advertisement

Probably because he's young for the role, but this interview screams "Im gonna try and impress you with how smart I am and how fast I talk".

If you cant explain what youre doing sinply, you probably dont understand it well enough. Also, just dont explain it to the media. There's a reason for coach speak.

Advertisement
I hope everyone here was watching closely last night, because that was a rare occurrence. Now we're gonna have to wait another 38 years to see UiF play a non-conference game outside the state of Florida. Those glorious losses are about as rare as Hale-Bopp.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back