Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Advertisement
Texas has had three top 5 classes in the last 5 years. Two were ranked #3 overall one was #5 overall. They have an overall record of 38-23 over that time period.

Texas A&M has had two top 5 classes over the same period including the top class overall in 2022. They also have finishes 6th and 9th during that time period. They have an overall record of 39-21 over that same period.

You can recruit at an elite level and still be a very average program. I’m not saying recruiting doesn’t matter because of course it does. I’m saying good recruiting + poor coaching = mediocre results.
Texas:
2019 they had the #3 class
2020 the #9 class
2021 the #15 class
2022 the #5 class
2023 currently the #3 class.

I expect MC to have more consistent results starting with this class, 2023 and don't see a 15 or 9 recruiting class.

Texas:
2019 they had the #3 class
2020 the #9 class
2021 the #15 class
2022 the #5 class
2023 currently the #3 class.

I expect MC to have more consistent results starting with this class, 2023 and don't see a 15 or 9 recruiting class.
Check Mario’s classes at Oregon.

Texas also had the #3 class in 2018. So back to back top three classes netted them…?

Advertisement
He won’t be fired with that talent coming in. Guys that want him fired see the now but don’t look into the plan and future. Those are the fans I tune out. If they followed the sport instead of just UM they will realize talent acquisition wins titles eventually.

The so called genius play callers never win anything unless the HC is a recruiting phenom. We are building to dominate not be one year wonders.

I don’t think we will be ready next season I expect a bit more growing pains. The following season we smack and then u see them coming together. I think we need a running qb though, defenses are to athletic to have a statue back there. U need to keep the DEs honest we need a scramble and who can throw it and be accurate with it.
I agree. Next season we will be a young team so we may see only a one or two game improvement. 8 wins is probably our ceiling. I'm also with you on the QB thing. Really surprised we aren't kicking the tires on some of these portal QBs with the way ours played this past season.

Check Mario’s classes at Oregon.

Texas also had the #3 class in 2018. So back to back top three classes netted them…?
I went back and looked at the 247 rankings since 2016. It seems you have to do it more than 5 years and be in the top 5 every year. 3 teams showed up almost every time. OSU Bama and UGA. No other teams have consistently been in the top 5.

Last edited:
I went back and looked at the 247 rankings since 2016. It seems have to do it more than 5 years and be in the top 5 every year. 3 teams showed up almost every time. OSU Bama and UGA. No other teams have consistently been in the top 5.
You have to do it and hit on the right QB and you should always be at 10+ wins. Don’t hit on the QB and it can set you back a couple wins.

I agree. Next season we will be a young team so we may see only a one or two game improvement. 8 wins is probably our ceiling. I'm also with you on the QB thing. Really surprised we aren't kicking the tires on some of these portal QBs with the way ours played this past season.

How you feel about yall WR room?

Advertisement
Gata recruiting right now in Gainesville
1671289810784.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back