Tears Gator Tears

Mongol General: What is best in life?

Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

@PIPO @Baba Yaga we need some Conan con la cara de mi hermano Mario stat...
Added a personal touch.

Edit: @RattlerCane305 I found a better source clip so the background isn't so dark.

ezgif-5-c57b7ab368.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
****, @flagator86 is one of the realistic and rational ones.

"Stars don't matter" has most of their fanbase shook.

With all the crap that the Gaytor fans talk about "bump class", you'd have to think that anything outside the Top 10 will be crushing to them and SOME Gaytor fans will call for Gaypier's head. BUT, since they are already making pre-emptive excuses, I'd say that if they fall outside the Top 20, A LOT of Gaytor fans will be screaming for Gaypier to be fired, even if he wins 9 games.
Nah, they'll get over their #34 ranking by telling themselves Billy needs a few years to build relationships that past coaches have destroyed. Gator Logicz are nothing if not adaptable.

Sh*t, the hate flows strong with you, and I dig that.

The thing that really baffles me is where did the money go? As you point out, it wasn't long ago they were bragging about having so much money and how poor we were. We know what changed for us, but what changed for them? Same for fsu, why are you guys so poor all of a sudden?

I'm about to say something pretty unfortunate, and I wish it wasn't true, based on my great desire for an on-campus stadium...

...but those on-campus stadiums ain't cheap...

And for the last couple of years, the COVID restrictions cut into Athletic revenue, while the expenses for facilities stayed the same. That's why you see F$U trying to steal sales tax money from Leon County to pay for urinals inside of Doak.

The situations are a bit different, and F$U is in a FAAAR worse position. First, F$U doesn't have an alum base with nearly as much money as the Gaytor alum base. And if you go back a few years, the issues that Jimbo had with the boosters involved not just money (they weren't raising enough) but also control and spending priorities. Yes, the F$U booster club was trying to reorganize itself for the future, but they really got started just before COVID. Womp-womp...

Another big difference is that Doak is an absolute ****hole of a stadium with its infrastructure, notwithstanding the brick facade. That's why they need so much money to fix up the dump, without actually adding seating capacity, because the insides of Doak were never torn down and rebuilt in a modern fashion.

So for F$U, they've never really had big revenue or boosters, they have a very costly stadium without very many amenities (another part of what they want to spend Leon County tax money on), and they were particularly hard-hit by COVID limitations and game cancellations.

On the other hand, the Gaytors have usually run a profit within their Athletic Department, contributing money BACK TO the University. Of course, that has its own complications, as they may have been better-served by diverting that money to future capital expenditures. But at least the Gaytor alums are wealthier and have a better history of making contributions to the booster club. The Gaytors have also made a ton of money as an SEC member, plus they get a nice bump from the Florida-Georgia game being held in Jax every year. And while they also have a lot of upkeep with Florida Field, that stadium has been far-better-maintained over the past several decades, including a very nice north end zone section.

Yes, the hate flows strong with me. I hate both the Gaytors and the SemenHoles. But I also pay attention to them and figure out what they do right and wrong. That's why I know that both UiF and F$U are struggling to get the whole "NIL thing" going. Because they've had a lot of heavy "asks" in fund-raising over the past few years. F$U with coaching buyouts and payouts. UiF with some (belated) capital improvements that they are just finishing up. So to go back to the alums AGAIN just for legal payola is...a stretch.

As I've mentioned before, John Ruiz isn't our only big-money donor. But it becomes a lot easier to get him to arrange NIL money when we haven't been hitting him up for cash for the past decade.

Advertisement
Again, I can shut down all your hypothesizing with just two points.

First, you CANNOT "own" any Chick Fil-As. Zero-point-zero. They are all owned by CFA Corporate. You can OPERATE stores. But you can't OWN stores.

Second, he never even claimed to "possibly own" three Chick Fil-As. He admitted that he only operates ONE, and that he "effectively owns" two others by virtue of giving money to friends/family, who are the ACTUAL operators. And it costs $5K to become a CFC Operator. So he let friends/family $10K.
I’ll add that with the type of high level vetting that CFA does that if you have to borrow $5k you’re likely not getting approved as an operator

I’ll add that with the type of high level vetting that CFA does that if you have to borrow $5k you’re likely not getting approved as an operator

Agreed. I'm sure they kept the "financing" secret, that's why it's so egregious for QueJay to be out in the open just bragging about it.

I'm about to say something pretty unfortunate, and I wish it wasn't true, based on my great desire for an on-campus stadium...

...but those on-campus stadiums ain't cheap...

And for the last couple of years, the COVID restrictions cut into Athletic revenue, while the expenses for facilities stayed the same. That's why you see F$U trying to steal sales tax money from Leon County to pay for urinals inside of Doak.

The situations are a bit different, and F$U is in a FAAAR worse position. First, F$U doesn't have an alum base with nearly as much money as the Gaytor alum base. And if you go back a few years, the issues that Jimbo had with the boosters involved not just money (they weren't raising enough) but also control and spending priorities. Yes, the F$U booster club was trying to reorganize itself for the future, but they really got started just before COVID. Womp-womp...

Another big difference is that Doak is an absolute ****hole of a stadium with its infrastructure, notwithstanding the brick facade. That's why they need so much money to fix up the dump, without actually adding seating capacity, because the insides of Doak were never torn down and rebuilt in a modern fashion.

So for F$U, they've never really had big revenue or boosters, they have a very costly stadium without very many amenities (another part of what they want to spend Leon County tax money on), and they were particularly hard-hit by COVID limitations and game cancellations.

On the other hand, the Gaytors have usually run a profit within their Athletic Department, contributing money BACK TO the University. Of course, that has its own complications, as they may have been better-served by diverting that money to future capital expenditures. But at least the Gaytor alums are wealthier and have a better history of making contributions to the booster club. The Gaytors have also made a ton of money as an SEC member, plus they get a nice bump from the Florida-Georgia game being held in Jax every year. And while they also have a lot of upkeep with Florida Field, that stadium has been far-better-maintained over the past several decades, including a very nice north end zone section.

Yes, the hate flows strong with me. I hate both the Gaytors and the SemenHoles. But I also pay attention to them and figure out what they do right and wrong. That's why I know that both UiF and F$U are struggling to get the whole "NIL thing" going. Because they've had a lot of heavy "asks" in fund-raising over the past few years. F$U with coaching buyouts and payouts. UiF with some (belated) capital improvements that they are just finishing up. So to go back to the alums AGAIN just for legal payola is...a stretch.

As I've mentioned before, John Ruiz isn't our only big-money donor. But it becomes a lot easier to get him to arrange NIL money when we haven't been hitting him up for cash for the past decade.
What I'm hearing is both schools are f*cked. Cool.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Don't worry, ol' Billy's gonna dominate the portal...
Napier said earlier this spring Florida planned to be "very aggressive in the portal this spring," claiming "we need players ... and we need help in a lot of different spots."
You show 'em Billy!
To date, though, there's been very little reported transfer portal activity at UF...And the Gators seemingly haven't been involved with many potential additions.
...oh. I'm sure it'll be ok though...
Florida was heavily in the mix for Maryland defensive tackle transfer Darrell Jackson, but Jackson committed to Miami. The Gators were reportedly mildly interested in West Virginia defensive lineman Akheem Mesidor, but he also committed to Miami and it's unclear if Florida ever reached out.
Oh dear, that's not good. Well, I'm sure Billy is just getting started, picking up steam as they say.
UF has had at least mild interest in Arizona State linebacker Eric Gentry but is significantly more active in the recruitment of Arizona State receiver Ricky Pearsall. Beyond that? It's starting to look like Florida might not have quite as much movement in the portal this spring as previously indicated.
"Right now we're going to continue to evaluate each player going forward and hopefully we'll be able to add a few pieces," Napier said in Lakeland. "And, hey, we may not find one that, or a few, that fit. But it is important that we do our job and we vet every situation."
Bottom line: Perhaps UF may not be quite as active in what Napier calls the fourth signing period on the calendar as previously believed.

Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 8.30.47 AM.png

Wait, he told you in the beginning he was going to **** you off? And you guys still like him?? Sh*t, even our worst coaches had the decency to lie to us. Ok, well at least he's still got the support of the fans...
Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 8.29.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 8.30.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 8.11.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 8.23.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 8.24.44 AM.png

Ah, there we go! The staff doesn't even care about adding guys, so just ignore that Billy said they need to add guys. And hey, these portal guys aren't as good as the previous portal guys, so who even wants them? And with the depth they have, the team is rock solid.
Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 8.27.23 AM.png

Advertisement
Who is the “one white WR” they’re referring to? I only see 2 2023 commits and neither is white.

Advertisement
Back