Tears Gator Tears

A majority of the recruits that Mullen inherited were Macs guys… Mac was actually a decent recruiter just a bad coach… Mullen isn’t all that terrible with X and Os but he’s glued to his assistants which aren’t good.

Mullen isn’t a strong recruiter and neither are his assistants. Now that Macs guys are gone your seeing the results which a lot of people said would happen.

this. also, it isn't hard to recruit at UF. they're in the SEC, the only in state SEC school, and are in a decent college town where football is the most important thing and a ton of booster support. they should clean up yearly in recruiting without much effort.

Advertisement
and still lost 4 games. Had a better record the year before. Grantham holding him back or what?

Grantham is his guy so DM is holding them back in reality.

their D isn't good but a. lot of it is also recruiting. they don't recruit well esp for a big time SEC school. mullen doesn't care for it. also combine it with the fact that they just got insanely lucky (you can say Manny got lucky with TVD but he at least brought him in, dan took the leftovers from Mac with trask and never would've found him had franks not broken his ankle). I think Pitts was a Mac guy too (I believe he was Jordans class but he may. be a mullet recruit).

in the end, they didn't have bad talent when he took the job (shark ****** isn't good as a champ was as a recruiter and you saw the results decline over time) and once the previous regimes guys left, mullet is left with a ton of empty from his lack of recruiting (whether misses or signing guys who don't ever enroll).

Grantham is his guy so DM is holding them back in reality.

their D isn't good but a. lot of it is also recruiting. they don't recruit well esp for a big time SEC school. mullen doesn't care for it. also combine it with the fact that they just got insanely lucky (you can say Manny got lucky with TVD but he at least brought him in, dan took the leftovers from Mac with trask and never would've found him had franks not broken his ankle). I think Pitts was a Mac guy too (I believe he was Jordans class but he may. be a mullet recruit).

in the end, they didn't have bad talent when he took the job (shark ****** isn't good as a champ was as a recruiter and you saw the results decline over time) and once the previous regimes guys left, mullet is left with a ton of empty from his lack of recruiting (whether misses or signing guys who don't ever enroll).
All of this and yes, Pitts was Mac’s as well - same class as Brevin.

Advertisement
hes a smart x nd o guy but hes not a big time college HC. he hates the biggest part of the job -- recruiting. also, hes not really a CEO either given his staff issues. hes best as an OC in the NFL. I bet urban convinces him to bounce but I don't think it'll be until next year. they literally just handed him an extension with a pay raise.

The pay difference I think I would ride out that contract until they pry it from my cold dead hands.

9C63DEFE-5A4B-4E1A-B3D8-8D37B84ACA1A.gif

Do you think Timmy still cries for his gators?

Local radio in Orlando was talking about how UF doesn’t have a redeemable game to help Dan out the rest of the year. The next good game that the Gators have is next season vs Tennessee, so people will just talk about firing dan until then.

Advertisement
Local radio in Orlando was talking about how UF doesn’t have a redeemable game to help Dan out the rest of the year. The next good game that the Gators have is next season vs Tennessee, so people will just talk about firing dan until then.
Now imagine them losing to USCe or Mizzou.

Weird.

Dude is 5x the coach of anyone we’ve hired in over 20 years. And I don’t think his recruiting is as much of an abomination as others do. UF can do worse. But he doesn’t strike me as a guy who is obsessed with his work. Normally, that would mean he’s well adjusted. But we know in college football that won’t cut it. I also don’t think he wants to get super involved in the bag game, while realizing at the same time he really can’t compete with Bama/GA without it. I’ve had coaches tell me how deflating that can be. All that aside, he needs a new DC and a real QB.
So Mullen is 5x the coach of Mark Richt?

Antoine Dodson Reaction GIF

Advertisement
My guess is he lasts one more year. He and the AD are supposedly buds. I'm sure he'll sacrifice Grantham which means next year will be his lame duck year.

Advertisement
My guess is he lasts one more year. He and the AD are supposedly buds. I'm sure he'll sacrifice Grantham which means next year will be his lame duck year.
he's had opportunity after opportunity to sacrifice third and grantham...and he hasn't. What makes you think he does so now? And why do we give 3 craps?

Advertisement
Back