Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
I would absolutely love to see them lose to FSU. Especially if they end with a worse record than us. Double especially if they have to consider getting rid of Mullen after extending him through 2026.
Don’t think theyll fire Jim this year after the extension. They,l give it one more yesr w ar being the superstar now. kinda funny both Miss state coaches suck donkey ****s. Add Mack brown in there and manny really worked for the clowns before becoming one himself

Look at the anonymous SEC Coach quotes in an Article from the Athletic on UiF…

FB17A2F5-15EE-44B0-AED9-890E1C71E36C.png
022CA4BE-8A20-49D9-B32E-F21F3E008FAC.jpeg
83171A83-120D-43AF-A749-59DDC5055BC7.jpeg
3C69FC2F-B525-4323-BD1C-28FC6B9EE528.jpeg

4C13BEF5-4C06-4229-9756-AE0890E2BC2D.jpeg
AB637568-9CCF-4890-B743-0B2C35593060.jpeg
0C703721-7765-4CB7-8ECE-970D78F753FE.jpeg

Advertisement
Sheesh. They got ripped wide open. Although a lot of that can be applied to us too but this is gaytor tears
There’s a lot going on now with similar reactions - fire the coach, fire the AD, people rooting for losses, making lists of coaches they think they could have but won’t get…

Unless Mullen implodes here or resigns, I think they’re stuck with him for another year.

Weird.

Dude is 5x the coach of anyone we’ve hired in over 20 years. And I don’t think his recruiting is as much of an abomination as others do. UF can do worse. But he doesn’t strike me as a guy who is obsessed with his work. Normally, that would mean he’s well adjusted. But we know in college football that won’t cut it. I also don’t think he wants to get super involved in the bag game, while realizing at the same time he really can’t compete with Bama/GA without it. I’ve had coaches tell me how deflating that can be. All that aside, he needs a new DC and a real QB.
Maybe so, but if he can’t get it done at UF with the 2x to 3x’s the resources of Miami then not sure he gets it done at Miami. As for the DC and QB he’s directly responsible for both.

Advertisement
For someone who does not follow the intracies of the Gator...just what exactly went wrong under Mullen? Is it just a situation where too much talent went to the NFL and they are having to rebuild? Or are there larger issues, such as recruiting?

When I last watched a few minutes of a game of theirs, they were playing Alabama extremely close. Now they are on loss number 4.

For someone who does not follow the intracies of the Gator...just what exactly went wrong under Mullen? Is it just a situation where too much talent went to the NFL and they are having to rebuild? Or are there larger issues, such as recruiting?

When I last watched a few minutes of a game of theirs, they were playing Alabama extremely close. Now they are on loss number 4.
recruiting sucks esp wen you want to compete in the SEC

too loyal to his assistants

hes a better x and O guy than a CEO

he hired Manny Diaz

Last year was Mullen's chance with Trask and the rest of the offensive weapons they had, they still only won 8 games. Mullen has to be looking at other opportunities, whether college or the NFL (OC, definitely not HC) but I hope he can hang on for another year to drag the program down a bit more before leaving/getting fired.

Advertisement
Last year was Mullen's chance with Trask and the rest of the offensive weapons they had, they still only won 8 games. Mullen has to be looking at other opportunities, whether college or the NFL (OC, definitely not HC) but I hope he can hang on for another year to drag the program down a bit more before leaving/getting fired.
tip hat thank you GIF by Captain Obvious

Was Mullen one of the coaches Percy Harvin beat up?
No, that was Billy Gonzales, he was the WR’s coach for UF back then & is a long time Urby Meyer disciple from back in the Bowling Green Day’s...

After Urby went to OH St Billy went to LSU with Les Miles for a season but that didn’t work out, so then Dan Mullen picked him up at Miss St & he’s been with Mullen ever since, once Mullen got the UF job Billy came back with him.

A majority of the recruits that Mullen inherited were Macs guys… Mac was actually a decent recruiter just a bad coach… Mullen isn’t all that terrible with X and Os but he’s glued to his assistants which aren’t good.

Mullen isn’t a strong recruiter and neither are his assistants. Now that Macs guys are gone your seeing the results which a lot of people said would happen.

Advertisement
He wants out I think. I think he wants an NFL HC job but didn’t get the traction he had hoped for. I’m reading into it that way - no knowledge here.

He wants out I think. I think he wants an NFL HC job but didn’t get the traction he had hoped for. I’m reading into it that way - no knowledge here.
that's the only sense it makes to me. He's like "**** this job". lmao. what he does well would work in the NFL since every team is on similar footing.

he had a title worthy offense last year (as close as you can get to the LSU O w burrow in recent memory).

hes a smart x nd o guy but hes not a big time college HC. he hates the biggest part of the job -- recruiting. also, hes not really a CEO either given his staff issues. hes best as an OC in the NFL. I bet urban convinces him to bounce but I don't think it'll be until next year. they literally just handed him an extension with a pay raise.

Advertisement
Back