Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Oh yeah, and Marino refused to help Marino in his prime. Dude could've gotten the Fins to sign Jesus Christ as his RB, he had unbelievable pull with the front office. But his own ego kept him winning multiple Lombardis. He traded them in for individual records. Records that I believe he would've broken anyway with a good running game behind him. Because the run game would've helped him extend his career...
Besides Troy Vincent and Bryan Cox they drafted like sh*t...busts all over the defense. Soft-*** scheme by Olivadotti. Couldn't stand his face when CBS would pan to him on the sideline during a defensive meltdown

Toney has been a headache in NY from the moment they drafted him. Good quick summary here:

"This continues the inauspicious start to Toney's career with the Giants. He has now missed time from the spring to summer because of a cleat problem, his contract, a family emergency, COVID-19 and now an undisclosed injury."

The Toney pick only made sense to me because the Giants have Gettleman as their GM. He has no dynamic traits.

Here's the stat line that Trash has put up against 4th stringers so far.

very easy to see that this dude is the next Nathan Peterman
View attachment 152441
BB0146F2-35C7-4DC1-B83F-5583FA9BCE6B.gif

Toney has been a headache in NY from the moment they drafted him. Good quick summary here:

"This continues the inauspicious start to Toney's career with the Giants. He has now missed time from the spring to summer because of a cleat problem, his contract, a family emergency, COVID-19 and now an undisclosed injury."

A cleat problem??? He should’ve reached out to Marco Wilson for advice

Advertisement
Whats the story - was he just a Mullet system warrior with Pitts and Toney on fire and now the layers are gone and it’s Two Star Trask?
My evaluation was that he doesn't have NFL arm talent or pocket movement. He's a statuesque pocket slug who doesn't throw with velocity and Pitts bailed him out of a lot of off-target throws.

Arians' offense doesn't make things easy for QBs. There isn't a lot of motion, play action, window dressing and easy defined throws in his base playbook. You have to win from the pocket pushing the ball down the field on intermediate or deep option routes. Every QB struggles when they first learn the offense. Manning did, Palmer did, Big Ben did, Brady did - people forget the picks he threw on speed outs and miscommunications the first few weeks - until he tuned the scheme more to his liking, and this is all stuff I explained in detail when @Liberty City El and others ignorantly tried to argue with me about Jameis.

He might bust too but I have no idea why they didn't just draft Davis Mills who at least has some mobility and a solid arm with flashes of anticipatory throws on tape. Trask has no starter ceiling. It's like they took him just to appease the **** fans but even they probably knew he wasn't gonna cut it in the pros.

My evaluation was that he doesn't have NFL arm talent or pocket movement. He's a statuesque pocket slug who doesn't throw with velocity and Pitts bailed him out of a lot of off-target throws.

Arians' offense doesn't make things easy for QBs. There isn't a lot of motion, play action, window dressing and easy defined throws in his base playbook. You have to win from the pocket pushing the ball down the field on intermediate or deep option routes. Every QB struggles when they first learn the offense. Manning did, Palmer did, Big Ben did, Brady did - people forget the picks he threw on speed outs and miscommunications the first few weeks - until he tuned the scheme more to his liking, and this is all stuff I explained in detail when @Liberty City El and others ignorantly tried to argue with me about Jameis.

He might bust too but I have no idea why they didn't just draft Davis Mills who at least has some mobility and a solid arm with flashes of anticipatory throws on tape. Trask has no starter ceiling. It's like they took him just to appease the **** fans but even they probably knew he wasn't gonna cut it in the pros.
Ok but you had to get the LCE jab in? How could you? Just look at the punim…

CEE40CFB-4208-4C17-A9E1-7CC592AF8A53.gif

Advertisement
The other QBs drafted have been running with 2nd and 3rd string guys too and they're is no excuses from them.

Where has Pitts been??
They insist that Mac Jones is running with the 1’s and 2’s. Have you noticed their obsession with Mac Jones as it relates to Trssk stemming from the Heisman voting?

Whats the story - was he just a Mullet system warrior with Pitts and Toney on fire and now the layers are gone and it’s Two Star Trask?

Arians doesn't dance with him on the sidelines?

But seriously, if you look at the contrast between what the coaches say about Trash in practice, vs. what he has done in two games, you almost have to conclude that it has to do with system and comfort level.

He will almost certainly make the roster, due to the high level of draft choice investment, but with the vast drop-off in production from Brady to Trash, there's no way in **** that Trash will see the field unless Brady and Gabbert blow ACLs in the same game. Because if those injuries happen in different weeks, the Bucs are more likely to sign Kaepernick than to start Trash.

Advertisement
Besides Troy Vincent and Bryan Cox they drafted like sh*t...busts all over the defense. Soft-*** scheme by Olivadotti. Couldn't stand his face when CBS would pan to him on the sideline during a defensive meltdown

Let's not forget the year that we SWORE we were going to get some defensive talent in the off-season...and Neon Deion was available...and we spent a big chunk of our FA budget on Eric Green WHEN WE ALREADY HAD KEITH JACKSON...

They insist that Mac Jones is running with the 1’s and 2’s. Have you noticed their obsession with Mac Jones as it relates to Trssk stemming from the Heisman voting?

There's a small part of me that actually wishes that Trash had won the Heisman, then UiF built him a statue, and then he flopped as a pro.

Let's not forget the year that we SWORE we were going to get some defensive talent in the off-season...and Neon Deion was available...and we spent a big chunk of our FA budget on Eric Green WHEN WE ALREADY HAD KEITH JACKSON...
Green was overweight his entire time with Miami as well.

After 1990, they only successfully drafted 1 good receiver (McDuffie). The rest were older FA takes like Fryar (he was solid), Tony Martin, Mark Ingram, etc. Wasn't addressed well either except for Yatil Green.

Advertisement
Green was overweight his entire time with Miami as well.

After 1990, they only successfully drafted 1 good receiver (McDuffie). The rest were older FA takes like Fryar (he was solid), Tony Martin, Mark Ingram, etc. Wasn't addressed well either except for Yatil Green.
Yeah, Yatil Green - wasn’t that an injury and done issue?

Yeah, Yatil Green - wasn’t that an injury and done issue?

TWO injuries, same knee. Day 1 of his first training camp. Then tore the same ACL in the very next training camp, total of 10 surgeries on that knee. Played a little bit in his third year only, then the Dolphins cut him and he failed to make a roster with two other teams.

Advertisement
Back