Tears Gator Tears

As much as I disliked Muhammad Ali, after I watched his 1980 fight with Larry Holmes, I never wanted to watch it again. It wasn't a fight. He couldn't even protect himself anymore and was getting his *** kicked for a payday.

It made me feel pity.
biology system GIF

Advertisement
...I had two uncles that went to Vietnam. One lost his leg in a mortar barrage. One got a purple heart from shell fragments and a bronze star.

Both were drafted. Trust me, neither wanted to go. But they went because they weren't gonna run to Canada, too poor for college, and certainly not politically connected.

Yes, Muhammad Ali is the greatest heavyweight fighter of all time. Some guys will say Marciano, but Marciano didn't have to fight a prime Foreman, Frazier, Liston, or Norton. Not to mention good fighters like Quarry, Shavers, and Bonavena.

I can maintain my objectivity on his skill as a fighter because I recognize how great and how truly special he was.

Do I like his politics or his religious views? Not particularly. Has nothing to do with my dislike of him. But looking at he lived his personal life on the one hand, then him citing his religious views as why he shouldn't have to go....

Nah, religion was just an convenient excuse, in my opinion. Not that it truly matters because we shouldn't have went to Vietnam in the first place. Sargeant York had to go even though he was a C.O.

...I just despise the hypocrisy.

Don't hate Ali. Listen, some guys are De La Hoya, Ali, and Sugar Ray Leonard fans.

I'm more of a Frazier, Duran, and Norton kind of guy. :)

...I had two uncles that went to Vietnam. One lost his leg in a mortar barrage. One got a purple heart from shell fragments and a bronze star.

Both were drafted. Trust me, neither wanted to go. But they went because they weren't gonna run to Canada, too poor for college, and certainly not politically connected.

Yes, Muhammad Ali is the greatest heavyweight fighter of all time. Some guys will say Marciano, but Marciano didn't have to fight a prime Foreman, Frazier, Liston, or Norton. Not to mention good fighters like Quarry, Shavers, and Bonavena.

I can maintain my objectivity on his skill as a fighter because I recognize how great and how truly special he was.

Do I like his politics or his religious views? Not particularly. Has nothing to do with my dislike of him. But looking at he lived his personal life on the one hand, then him citing his religious views as why he shouldn't have to go....

Nah, religion was just an convenient excuse, in my opinion. Not that it truly matters because we shouldn't have went to Vietnam in the first place. Sargeant York had to go even though he was a C.O.

...I just despise the hypocrisy.

Don't hate Ali. Listen, some guys are De La Hoya, Ali, and Sugar Ray Leonard fans.

I'm more of a Frazier, Duran, and Norton kind of guy. :)

I'll say this about Tebow; I don't know him. Didn't like the whole Tebowing personna, didn't like the media slurping every move he made. Didn't think he was going to work out as a TE in the NFL at 34.

Maybe he would've done better in the NFL if he still had a murderer to checkdown to.

Gave me great pleasure watching him cry like a little ***** when his college career was coming to an end.

I do know years ago he made an apperance at the local country club at $500 a plate. I'm sure all the proceeds went to the church or charity.

I can happily say my intense dislike does not come from being an atheist or my suspicion he's a fraud; my dislike comes from being a Miami Hurricane fan.

I'll give him the fact he's one of the great college players of all time.

...But his 1 loss 2008 National Championship would've been walked by our 2000, 2001, and 2002 teams. **** our 2008 team shut him down for three quarters loaded with freshmen.
G-Sh*t!!! I was at that game & even I couldn’t believe that we hung in there for so long(with mainly freshmen playing in da two-deep)…I’m still ****ed(after all of these years) that they called back the Hankerson TD right before the half…

Advertisement
G-Sh*t!!! I was at that game & even I couldn’t believe that we hung in there for so long(with mainly freshmen playing in da two-deep)…I’m still ****ed(after all of these years) that they called back the Hankerson TD right before the half…
And gave them that bull**** reception call. Who cares he touched in bounds, he never caught the ball. That was 3rd and long and they would have had to punt.

And gave them that bull**** reception call. Who cares he touched in bounds, he never caught the ball. That was 3rd and long and they would have had to punt.
You know, I forgot about that play…I guess that I tried to forget about it(& that game in particular)…A LOT of funny bizness wit da zebras 🦓 went on ALL THROUGHOUT that game…

Actually word around here he's had a great camp. At the very least he'll bei in the rotation

Again, I don't know what the Gaytor equivalent of a "Greentree All-American" is, but it's just typical Orlando Sentinel overhype to focus on two 5-stars who haven't done sheeeeeeeit yet.

I'm not saying those two guys will never amount to anything, but it's just Gaytor-Brandz to focus the pre-season hype on recruiting rankings.

Advertisement
Again, I don't know what the Gaytor equivalent of a "Greentree All-American" is, but it's just typical Orlando Sentinel overhype to focus on two 5-stars who haven't done sheeeeeeeit yet.

I'm not saying those two guys will never amount to anything, but it's just Gaytor-Brandz to focus the pre-season hype on recruiting rankings.
A friend of mine is a gator booster , very realistic fan ( one of the few ) had went out to practice and he called me like" I don't know what lingard did not the off season but that's not the same guy ". He's always been suspect of him and his style. He's not expecting Fred Taylor more head happy to see there's actually something there.

Last edited:
A friend of mine is a gator booster , very realistic fan ( one of the few ) had went out to practice and he called me like" I don't know what li hard did not the off season but that's not the same guy ". He's always been suspect of him and his style. He's not expecting Fred Taylor more head happy to see there's actually something there.

Very fair. A guy usually gets 5 stars for a reason, but it doesn't mean he'll become Barry Sanders II.

I just find it amusing that when Lingard picked Miami, Gaytors fans told us he was overrated. Then when he transferred to UiF, it was all about "Miami didn't use him correctly" or put him through the right S&C program. Then when he didn't play at UiF, it was "he needs more time to heal".

The kid is fast and talented, and I'm sure some folks will be happy that he is finally putting things together, but it still doesn't merit the Gaytors acting as if they got a true 5-star running back.

But I'm sure that Gaytors will still try to tell us that Lingard turned the corner because of all that great Gaytor corching...

There’s still the second division of mls that he hasn’t tried. I’m sure the Tampa Bay Rowdies could use a center back that will sell some tickets.
Nah he’s headed to the Korn Ferry Tour where he can get ready to go head to head with DeChambeau…

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is what happens when you are lined up as a receiver you college career.
Can’t wait til he’s called on to block one of those DE’s and gets knocked on his ***…of course Teblow already showed him the technique so he should look good doing it..

You the bear, man!

I would also point out that for the past 15 years, Miami fans have never touted Rashaun Jones. We are fully capable of accepting the reality that he is a suspect, and possible future convict, for the murder of Bryan Pata. Nobody at Miami covered up any of Raushaun Jones' crimes as an undergrad, the way that UiF and Urban Meyer did when Aaron Hernandez was a student. And Miami doesn't have a former QB trying out for TE and wearing number 38 to "honor" Rashaun Jones the way that Tebow "honored" Aaron Hernandez.

Advertisement
Back