Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement

One quick OT comment. Great movie with 2 completely different levels. You can watch it as a fun and mindless, but very entertaining science fiction romp.

Or you can delve a little into the anti-fascist and anti-authoritarian aspects. There is some very real **** imagery as well as well written, not completely obvious, ****, or at the very least authoritarian/fascist dialogue. If you look at it from this level, he is mocking the authoritarian aspects, and the whole concept of the war against the “bugs”. From this viewpoint it’s a slightly complex movie.

The director i believe is a Dutchman who would either remember, or through his parents been told about the occupation of Holland. If I am correct about him and his backstory

The author of the book was also a strong anti-establishment guy, but more on the conservative end of the political spectrum. If I remember correctly about those two men.

One quick OT comment. Great movie with 2 completely different levels. You can watch it as a fun and mindless, but very entertaining science fiction romp.

Or you can delve a little into the anti-fascist and anti-authoritarian aspects. There is some very real **** imagery as well as well written, not completely obvious, ****, or at the very least authoritarian/fascist dialogue. If you look at it from this level, he is mocking the authoritarian aspects, and the whole concept of the war against the “bugs”. From this viewpoint it’s a slightly complex movie.

The director i believe is a Dutchman who would either remember, or through his parents been told about the occupation of Holland. If I am correct about him and his backstory

The author of the book was also a strong anti-establishment guy, but more on the conservative end of the political spectrum. If I remember correctly about those two men.
Interesting. I always thought it was loosely based on Enders Game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
N
They are, bar none, the absolute worst fanbase in college football. I've never experienced a more arrogant, nasty group of fans than when they came down to Miami in 2013. There was a Gator, sober even, who tried to start a fight with a 14-year old a row in front of me. Obviously, the kid's dad confronted him and the guy started shi*ting bricks, eventually said the kid looked older, as an excuse for talking trash.

I've had friends from multiple fan bases, even people I've to meet at away games, that all echo the same sentiments.
Notre Dame fans in South Bend in '88 were pretty bad.

sucks to suck. seems everyone knows it but the Gators themselves. But dont worry next Saturday we will make them believe this too

Screenshot_20190817-094248_Chrome.jpg

Advertisement
I’m actually worried about it, not only how I am going to be able to collect a good amount of the tears, but more so, how am I going to manage to take care of my necessities in life, like doing my job at work, with all of the fallout we anticipate.
We'll do your job for a few days....we can pass it around, each board member will do an hour or two.

What is the job?....if it's complex neurosurgery or heart-lung transplant, we might have to go a different route but I can go to the Georgetown Medical School Library and check out a few textbooks. Just give us about a week's notice to study up on the procedures. Don't want to jump in just guessing at what to do next.

It’s just one of those movies the more you watch it, the more you like it. I guess that’s the definition of a cult following movie. Because the first time I saw it in the 90s I just remember thinking how stupid and low budget looking it was. But through the years It’s grown on me and it’s one of those movies when I’m flipping through the channels and see it’s on you better believe I’m watching it.

Advertisement
We'll do your job for a few days....we can pass it around, each board member will do an hour or two.

What is the job?....if it's complex neurosurgery or heart-lung transplant, we might have to go a different route but I can go to the Georgetown Medical School Library and check out a few textbooks. Just give us about a week's notice to study up on the procedures. Don't want to jump in just guessing at what to do next.
You don’t want me performing medical procedures on anyone. I’d pass out for starters.

Advertisement
Back