Tears Gator Tears

We're pretty much locked in for the 2018 class and don't really want any of their commits. But this has to be devastating to their 2019 class as well. Because even if a quality HC comes in (far from certain), I don't see any way he can overcome the relationships that Richt's staff will have built by then.

Too much talent in So FL to build a wall. But we'll keep getting who we want this year and next. And with the flywheel in motion, I just don't see them ever being a threat again for our targets as long as Richt is at Miami.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Gaytors, THANK YOu for “flipping” Brian Edwards Shawn Davis and Chris Henderson!!!!!!

Tears aside. Those kids would've been good here (don't know about CJ's publicly perceived attitude though). McElwain straight up lied to those kids when he promised them they'd be coached up by Torrian Gray, whom at the time had a serious resume, particularly compared to Rumph's at the time. They have a glorified recruiter in place now, who can't really do crap because he doesn't have a product to sell to kids. But that's why you don't see much improvement for these guys. Meanwhile you see Jackson, Bandy and Young who've steadily improved throughout the year.

I doubt any of them would see the field much here. This year who would they play over?? Next year look at the studs we are bringing in!! They'd be cheerleaders in :neonu: helmets. Better off at that 2nd class program where they can at least get somewhat of an "education" and play a little intramural level football during their time.

Last edited:
We're pretty much locked in for the 2018 class and don't really want any of their commits. But this has to be devastating to their 2019 class as well. Because even if a quality HC comes in (far from certain), I don't see any way he can overcome the relationships that Richt's staff will have built by then.

Too much talent in So FL to build a wall. But we'll keep getting who we want this year and next. And with the flywheel in motion, I just don't see them ever being a threat again for our targets as long as Richt is at Miami.

For 2018, we would take a couple their OL recruits if we could, but you are right, 2019 is where we could really clean up.

I still want Thornton. Bring him to me.

Eh. He really made a mistake committing there. He'd need to show serious contrition

Best guess.....Richt is making a Miami offer extremely valuable and relatively rare, something you have to really work for and have respect for, a la Chatfield. Unless its a 5 star type talent, I dont see them wasting time on a 4th WR. See Randy Russell as an example. I would rather they focus on the Tysons and Surtains of the world, and the 2019 and 2020 classes.

Advertisement

Nice, John. They think Nigel Bethel is another "Randy Special":

Capture+_2017-11-05-16-30-55.jpg
Capture+_2017-11-05-16-31-10.jpg
Capture+_2017-11-05-16-31-54.jpg

Advertisement

What makes them think they can flip a kid from Vandy? Seriously, what do you have to smoke to make that seem like a sure thing?

View attachment 53384
Because every kid wants to wear orange and blue and be a Gaytor???

What makes them think they can flip a kid from Vandy? Seriously, what do you have to smoke to make that seem like a sure thing?

View attachment 53384
Because every kid wants to wear orange and blue and be a Gaytor???

I can't argue with that logic.

Advertisement

For 2018, we would take a couple their OL recruits if we could, but you are right, 2019 is where we could really clean up.

We'd take Barnes but he never committed to them, and I highly doubt he will at this point given his other options.

I'm not saying their verbal list is all trash, I like some of the kids like Gammage, Wilson and Russell, even Bethel who Ariz said we just turned down and only a few hours he verballed to the Gators. These guys would have made any of our classes over the past decade, and we had hard offers for Bethel and Russell (who was committed to us for a while) back in the summer. But compared to the commits we have and are targeting, they'd be plan B/C kids at this point.

The staff stopped recruiting Russell and he kind of was told to go elsewhere.and according to Pete Bethel was told we had no room for him..other than an olinemen or two their whole class is trash.

I can’t for the life of me figure out how they are top 10 with who they have committed

We'd take Barnes but he never committed to them, and I highly doubt he will at this point given his other options.

I'm not saying their verbal list is all trash, I like some of the kids like Gammage, Wilson and Russell, even Bethel who Ariz said we just turned down and only a few hours he verballed to the Gators. These guys would have made any of our classes over the past decade, and we had hard offers for Bethel and Russell (who was committed to us for a while) back in the summer. But compared to the commits we have and are targeting, they'd be plan B/C kids at this point.

Gammage decommitted.

Gammage decommitted.

Where did you see this? Nothing on twitter.

Advertisement
Back