Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Hey, I know this is a bit off topic, but I heard a rumor that McChoppers had a hot date last weekend...

FullSizeRender.jpg

No chance. They kicked out Cam Newton for a stolen laptop when he wasn't even arrested yet. Even if they get diversion, the felony case remains open until the conditions are complete. Can't imagine the scrutiny they would receive playing them with open felonies. And to top it off they used the school issued id and bought items from the school bookstore. Don't understand how they are still students.

Thanks. I don't know crim law but what you are saying makes sense. How can they play with open felonies???

Why not? These aren't as yet NCAA violations, so will the NCAA get involved? And if they don't, is there anything to say that uf can't play these criminals? Sure it looks bad, but who's going to actually force uf to release them?

Here's the deal. When players take monetary benefits, it puts their ELIGIBILITY in question; they are no longer AMATEURS. Even if NCAA violations have not yet been filed, you (the University) have to go to the NCAA to show that the problem has been caught, fixed, and that the player(s) show(s) remorse, and then the NCAA decides to "reinstate" the amateurism of the player(s).

Go back and look at what has happened to UM previously. The University "gets out ahead of the problem" by suspending the player and reporting it to the NCAA. The player pays back the benefits and writes an apology letter. The University submits the package to the NCAA and eventually the player is allowed to play again. In most cases...assuming the player doesn't lie and/or deny.

I was thinking of this as a crime VS. football issue, but I see what you're saying about them having gained financially. So is the only issue from an NCAA standpoint that they gained financially? Like if they'd killed some people* and uf didn't mind having them on the team, would the NCAA object?

*this is of course a completely theoretical situation not meant to imply that uf players have or would ever commit murder††

††uf players are murderers

All I was trying to say is that there are two separate issues. If Gaytors are charged with crimes, then I believe there is a Florida state rule that says active felony charges will prevent a player from taking the field.

Of course, there is a separate issue for NCAA eligibility. Meaning...even if the players paid back all the money and ol' Huntley cuts them a deal, they would still have to clear the NCAA hurdle.

Lots of Gaytors try to snow us by acting like "once the criminal issues are resolved, all the players will be back".

Not so fast...

Advertisement
Thanks. I don't know crim law but what you are saying makes sense. How can they play with open felonies???

Why not? These aren't as yet NCAA violations, so will the NCAA get involved? And if they don't, is there anything to say that uf can't play these criminals? Sure it looks bad, but who's going to actually force uf to release them?

Here's the deal. When players take monetary benefits, it puts their ELIGIBILITY in question; they are no longer AMATEURS. Even if NCAA violations have not yet been filed, you (the University) have to go to the NCAA to show that the problem has been caught, fixed, and that the player(s) show(s) remorse, and then the NCAA decides to "reinstate" the amateurism of the player(s).

Go back and look at what has happened to UM previously. The University "gets out ahead of the problem" by suspending the player and reporting it to the NCAA. The player pays back the benefits and writes an apology letter. The University submits the package to the NCAA and eventually the player is allowed to play again. In most cases...assuming the player doesn't lie and/or deny.

I was thinking of this as a crime VS. football issue, but I see what you're saying about them having gained financially. So is the only issue from an NCAA standpoint that they gained financially? Like if they'd killed some people* and uf didn't mind having them on the team, would the NCAA object?

*this is of course a completely theoretical situation not meant to imply that uf players have or would ever commit murder††

All I was trying to say is that there are two separate issues. If Gaytors are charged with crimes, then I believe there is a Florida state rule that says active felony charges will prevent a player from taking the field.

Of course, there is a separate issue for NCAA eligibility. Meaning...even if the players paid back all the money and ol' Huntley cuts them a deal, they would still have to clear the NCAA hurdle.

Lots of Gaytors try to snow us by acting like "once the criminal issues are resolved, all the players will be back".

Not so fast...

Cool, just wasn't sure if NCAA had actual rules about criminals playing or if schools just booted them because it looked bad for them. Other than PSU I don't recall seeing them get involved with legal matters, but dumb sht regarding free suits and rental cars.

Not so fast...

Maybe they could get the money from Nike.

Advertisement
[TWEET]913069084681543680[/TWEET]

I was just about to ask someone to post this one score games list. The local gata writers are trying to put out as many fluff pieces they can to make the program look like it's still relevant. Look at the teams in those 1 score games hahahhaa.

It was also a one score game vs Georigia Southern.....

[TWEET]913069084681543680[/TWEET]

I was just about to ask someone to post this one score games list. The local gata writers are trying to put out as many fluff pieces they can to make the program look like it's still relevant. Look at the teams in those 1 score games hahahhaa.

It was also a one score game vs Georigia Southern..... ��

Also 2 of the games are against a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad Tenn teams as well. I mean they really are in the toilet as a program. They used to hang half a hundred by 3rd quarter and walk ons got some good burn time. These days they have absolutely down to the wire nail biters against the bottom half of their division and the better teams put their walk ons in for the 4Q against the gata these days

Advertisement
Funny that UF is having a *** fit about our allegations regarding the basketball program. **** near half your team just committed credit card fraud. You also have trumped FSU and Miami collectively in arrests via your program in the past decade. And lets not even bring up Aaron Hernandez.

Advertisement
miami is not under indictment. addidas was paying a player or offered to pay a player to go to one of its schools, Miami and another. there have been no allegations of any miami staff brokering any deal or paying any player. this appears to be an Addidas thing.

C93F580B-AEA9-4D01-9D11-E9A62244128E.jpg
I literally laughed out loud when I opened the email & saw the title. Them boys doubling down lmao!

Advertisement
Back