Tears Gator Tears

Capture+_2017-10-30-22-33-24.jpg
Capture+_2017-10-30-22-33-37.jpg
Capture+_2017-10-30-22-33-54.jpg

Advertisement
This is surreal .... 11:00 mark "flying around" reference

[video=youtube;OYtrDNyDm60]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYtrDNyDm60[/video]

Did he say stagnant quo..... twice?!?!

You know, the "stagnant quo" is one of the most perfect terms that you can use to describe UF football. The stagnant quo.

Also, DB-Useless.

Y’all bit too early. Missed out on the “Southmore” class, which I thought might be a private school in Sophomore Florida, until he mentioned Second year Southmores.

Last edited:
For a number of reasons, I wanted Randy to be a good HC, but he's not. It shows in so many ways...lack of player development, inability to talk to anyone who's not a football player, inability to properly motivate a team. Great Cane and by all accounts person, but terrible HC. Which is to say I pray to all the football gods that uf hires him. I think the fans would actually start crying blood.

Advertisement
13:10 - southmores LOL!!!!

Ok. This validates that Miami reduced their academic standards in the 80s.

Clear evidence that the football gods have removed Miami from purgatory and replaced them with Florida....

Unreal that Shannon is their HC....

Like a joke that is as funny every time as the first time you heard it...

I really hope they hire Shannon full time. Though that would just sting more if they did somehow beat us.....

I just hope they don't get like Gary Patterson from TCU. I'd bet they end up with Dan Mullen or Jeremy Pruitt or whatever his name is.

Advertisement
I really hope they hire Shannon full time. Though that would just sting more if they did somehow beat us.....

I just hope they don't get like Gary Patterson from TCU. I'd bet they end up with Dan Mullen or Jeremy Pruitt or whatever his name is.

I wonder how much the McElwain situation might've given them a bad name with other coaches. Not saying McElwain was a good coach, but he got an awfully short leash and some pretty unrealistic expectations. Takes over a program that Muschamp left completely bare (didn't they have like 8 guys committed and 6 weeks left in the recruiting cycle when McElwain took over?). Not much talent on the roster, other than still having some guys on Defense. Mac then wins 10 games and the SEC East each of his first two seasons, only to lose to Alabama. He loses a ton of guys to suspension/injury and gets canned halfway into his third year.

Not trying to defend Mac, but UF is setting a really high standard and basically saying whoever comes in is expected to immediately meet that standard. You have to be better than Alabama (and now Georgia) and you need to be better than them almost immediately regardless of the lack of talent on your roster.

I think some of these better coaches like Patterson are gonna realize they're much better off where they are than to walk into that situation.

I wonder how much the McElwain situation might've given them a bad name with other coaches. Not saying McElwain was a good coach, but he got an awfully short leash and some pretty unrealistic expectations. Takes over a program that Muschamp left completely bare (didn't they have like 8 guys committed and 6 weeks left in the recruiting cycle when McElwain took over?). Not much talent on the roster, other than still having some guys on Defense. Mac then wins 10 games and the SEC East each of his first two seasons, only to lose to Alabama. He loses a ton of guys to suspension/injury and gets canned halfway into his third year.

Not trying to defend Mac, but UF is setting a really high standard and basically saying whoever comes in is expected to immediately meet that standard. You have to be better than Alabama (and now Georgia) and you need to be better than them almost immediately regardless of the lack of talent on your roster.

I think some of these better coaches like Patterson are gonna realize they're much better off where they are than to walk into that situation.

Myth.

If you look at returning production on offense, McElwain actually inherited more proven offensive players than Meyer did at every position but QB where Leak was the obvious standout. And no one even expected championships...all we expected was improvement and the offense got worse every year. So much so that EVERY LAST ONE of his offenses were WORSE than even Muschamp's worst offense. Every. One. And he didn't 'win' ****, Muschamp's defense loaded with NFL prospects won, the bum was in slugfests with the likes of FAU from day one because his offenses struggled to move past midfield. That shouldn't be happening unless you want to argue there are 100+ teams with better offensive talent than UF. He's something like 3-10 against teams that finished ranked (make it 3-11 now and would have gotten worse) and the average margin of defeat in those games was 3 TD's. Besides all that, he got fired because he's a liar who embarrassed the school publicly,. So unless coaches are as awful as him AND get to be proven liars, they shouldn't have much to worry about.

Advertisement
I wonder is Shannon has already implemented the "NO GUN RULE"?!?

What about "hats off in the building".

Actually, a better question would be whether Gaytor fans are now advocates of Randy's "brother man" recruiting spiel. Remember, they were against it before they were for it.

Advertisement

Myth.

If you look at returning production on offense, McElwain actually inherited more proven offensive players than Meyer did at every position but QB where Leak was the obvious standout. And no one even expected championships...all we expected was improvement and the offense got worse every year. So much so that EVERY LAST ONE of his offenses were WORSE than even Muschamp's worst offense. Every. One. And he didn't 'win' ****, Muschamp's defense loaded with NFL prospects won, the bum was in slugfests with the likes of FAU from day one because his offenses struggled to move past midfield. That shouldn't be happening unless you want to argue there are 100+ teams with better offensive talent than UF. He's something like 3-10 against teams that finished ranked (make it 3-11 now and would have gotten worse) and the average margin of defeat in those games was 3 TD's. Besides all that, he got fired because he's a liar who embarrassed the school publicly,. So unless coaches are as awful as him AND get to be proven liars, they shouldn't have much to worry about.

Oh, Mac sucks for sure. He was going to be fired eventually, and I don't think UF made a mistake in firing him. I just don't think UF has much talent on offense and hasn't for quite some time. They won't be ready to compete with Bama or maybe even UGA for at a minimum 2-3 years, and that's only if they hit homeruns on all their coaching hires and recruiting classes. So if their next coach comes in and isn't able to win the East, and isn't able to beat Bama, how much time will they give him to turn it around? Not many coaches are Urban Meyer either. So if the standard is you need to a) get through UGA and win the East, b) compete with Bama in the SECCG (and likely have a .500 record against them), and c) be comparable to Urban Meyer in terms of the direction you move the program in ... that's a lot to expect. If I'm Gary Patterson, I stay at TCU (just as he has during ever other coaching search thus far).

Myth.

Oh, Mac sucks for sure. He was going to be fired eventually, and I don't think UF made a mistake in firing him. I just don't think UF has much talent on offense and hasn't for quite some time. They won't be ready to compete with Bama or maybe even UGA for at a minimum 2-3 years, and that's only if they hit homeruns on all their coaching hires and recruiting classes. So if their next coach comes in and isn't able to win the East, and isn't able to beat Bama, how much time will they give him to turn it around? Not many coaches are Urban Meyer either. So if the standard is you need to a) get through UGA and win the East, b) compete with Bama in the SECCG (and likely have a .500 record against them), and c) be comparable to Urban Meyer in terms of the direction you move the program in ... that's a lot to expect. If I'm Gary Patterson, I stay at TCU (just as he has during ever other coaching search thus far).
But that isn't the standard at all. Muschamp got retained after going 4-8 when he'd have been fired anywhere else. Mac got a huge extension after losing 4 games and having two straight years of offense in the 100's. Nobody is expecting instant success or championships immediately. This idea that UF fans are unreasonable for expecting competence is BS. The same UGA you're referencing fired the winningest coach in their history coming off a 10 win season. LSU fired the winningest coach in their history and a guy who brought them a title as well. Why aren't people calling their fans unreasonable? UF isn't any different from any other football power. USC is on their 4th coach in the last decade and on and on.

Advertisement
Back