Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
There is zero doubt about this. When Billy gets fired, which hopefully will be after the 2025 season or during the 2025 season, Stricklin will go with him.

I’m definitely one of those people that hopes Billy somehow makes it through next year. Maybe if they win like five or six games. Right now that doesn’t look super likely, it looks more like a four win season, but somehow I still hope he manages to squeeze out one more year.

I would think that Stricklin is doing everything he can to keep Billy as long as he can, because his fate is inexorably intertwined with Sling Blade’s.
I don't think he makes it through 2024 let alone 2025 for the reasons @wnycanesfans said. The roster is worse than when he received it.

He does have 2 recruits that could save his job in LJ McCray and DJ Lagway. Those are 2 guys that he can point to as improving the roster talent, but the team talent overall hasn't improved.

Billy would have to show wins on the field or wins in recruiting as signs his program is moving in the right direction. Based on his 2024 class falling out of the top 10 and his inability to get quality transfer players, I don't see future recruiting improving. He'll be lucky to win 6 games, but is likely to win 4.

I think making a bowl game is the bare minimum for saving his job for another year. When UF is eliminated from bowl eligibility, Billy will be fired. I'm predicting he get's fired after the Georgia game. He could be 3-5 or maybe 4-4 after the Georgia game. Technically, he could still make a bowl game, but I think the loss to Georgia is going to be similar to FSU's loss in Orange Bowl. The stink and embarrassment will be too great to stomach and Billy is shown the exit door.

The Gator thinks it has a shot...

1705455285485.png

Advertisement
I don't think he makes it through 2024 let alone 2025 for the reasons @wnycanesfans said. The roster is worse than when he received it.

He does have 2 recruits that could save his job in LJ McCray and DJ Lagway. Those are 2 guys that he can point to as improving the roster talent, but the team talent overall hasn't improved.

Billy would have to show wins on the field or wins in recruiting as signs his program is moving in the right direction. Based on his 2024 class falling out of the top 10 and his inability to get quality transfer players, I don't see future recruiting improving. He'll be lucky to win 6 games, but is likely to win 4.

I think making a bowl game is the bare minimum for saving his job for another year. When UF is eliminated from bowl eligibility, Billy will be fired. I'm predicting he get's fired after the Georgia game. He could be 3-5 or maybe 4-4 after the Georgia game. Technically, he could still make a bowl game, but I think the loss to Georgia is going to be similar to FSU's loss in Orange Bowl. The stink and embarrassment will be too great to stomach and Billy is shown the exit door.

Everything you say makes sense and is logical, but I’m just keeping my fingers crossed that somehow he makes it through this season and doesn’t get fired until either during or after the 2025 season.

I want to see that program driven into the ground as much as possible. I mean, I don’t know, but maybe there’s an issue with his buyout? Who knows, but for whatever reason, I just hope he makes it through this season and into the 2025 season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Look who it is. MiamiPissboyMike

That’s the guy that said he was going to kick *** in the blue lot, and then I posted something like “I’m ready if he is” or some other tongue-in-cheek bull****, so then they take that, post it on their site, to say we are a bunch of thugs wanting to start **** and beat them up in the parking lot. When it was Miami gator ***** boy with the fake tough guy anonymous bull****. It was hilarious.

That’s the guy that said he was going to kick *** in the blue lot, and then I posted something like “I’m ready if he is” or some other tongue-in-cheek bull****, so then they take that, post it on their site, to say we are a bunch of thugs wanting to start **** and beat them up in the parking lot. When it was Miami gator ***** boy with the fake tough guy anonymous bull****. It was hilarious.
Yes. That’s exactly what happened. Mikey, who had been talking about ****ing on us, hence “****boy”, and stepping on our throats, said “we’re gonna kick their asses on the field and in the parking lot” and you offered to accommodate him and they went back with it on their board and cried “thugs”. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Advertisement
Yes. That’s exactly what happened. Mikey, who had been talking about ****ing on us, hence “****boy”, and stepping on our throats, said “we’re gonna kick their asses on the field and in the parking lot” and you offered to accommodate him and they went back with it on their board and cried “thugs”. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Which one got in the road rage hail of gunfire that never happened?

Which one got in the road rage hail of gunfire that never happened?
Can’t remember his name but he vanished on there. Like he went to some South American jungle and never came back. He was a Cuban guy and had some bigoted comments thrown his way. He was also discharged from the military and a chronic gambler who seemed to be suffering some kind of PTSD.

Can’t remember his name but he vanished on there. Like he went to some South American jungle and never came back. He was a Cuban guy and had some bigoted comments thrown his way. He was also discharged from the military and a chronic gambler who seemed to be suffering some kind of PTSD.
Probably got gunned down by one of John Ruiz's Russian mafia goons in Weston.

Or, as his name implied, he was heavily involved in crypto and now lives under a bridge.

Advertisement
Back