Tears Gator Tears

šŸ¤”

If we could somehow become a major playa for recruits in the TB-Lakeland-Orlando corridor .... that would be massive.

Also would be a serious body blow to UF and FSU.

mr burns GIF
The sum of all **** & Hole fears....

Advertisement
The spin from the gator fan side is that the Lakeland kids they cut werenā€™t going to class and rehab. Wether thatā€™s true or not itā€™s clear that they did something wrong to poison the water in Lakeland.
Even if this is true, a calculated and cunning coach like Cristobal would have a meeting with the coaches at an important feeder school before making any such cuts. Chess not checkers.

1. gator10

gator10GC Hall of Fame

wci347 said: ā†‘
    You could combine the best rbs from Utah, Kentucky, and Tennessee into one team, and you would not have a better 4 deep squad than we have here at Florida, and that is not even counting Etienne who is a freshman who makes 5. You live in a dream world if you think any one of those defenses is going to last 4 quarters against an onslaught of running ability like we have which is unlike any other team in the nation. Stop underselling our program. But this conversation is not about what we have now. It is about our future. We are going to have to PAY to get talent here consistently at

Pretty hilarious

Advertisement

Itā€™s the same thing they do with everything Gator. They hype their **** up with zero underlying basis. Every year they have a Heisman contending QB, Billy and his g5 staph are gonna rule the State, theyā€™re going to get three 5 star DBā€™s, Miami has no shot at anyone they wantā€¦

Itā€™s the same thing they do with everything Gator. They hype their **** up with zero underlying basis. Every year they have a Heisman contending QB, Billy and his g5 staph are gonna rule the State, theyā€™re going to get three 5 star DBā€™s, Miami has no shot at anyone they wantā€¦
Right? I mean, nobody there ever believed in mullens ability to develop qbs. He had nothing on what billy has to offer

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Lmao. Rosita I think. I had my buddy translate the real Convo. He was about he lost a bunch paella pots or something.

Yes itā€™s a classic. He was talking about a job he had and how the chef told him to clean them by placing them in the ocean but the tide rose and he forgot where they were lol

"the one positive is if he does pick Miami is that their war chest just spent a lot of money on a position they did not even really need"

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚...

Does he realize how bad this sounds?

"Miami is willing to outspend us at a position they don't even need just so we can't get him"

Do they realize how bad of a position that puts them in? If we're willing to go all out for a recruit we don't need, what are we willing to do for one we do need?

That's just sad ... Like there's any positive for them of us stealing their most important recruit when we don't even really "need" him.
They keep talking about us overspending on Jaden, such a short-sighted viewpoint. What I think is equally as important in our valuation of Jaden is the torpedoing of a rivalā€™s/competitorā€™s recruiting class by securing the most limited resource, one they thought was theirs, the last top shelf QB they are in play with.

The majority of gators keep looking at this one dimensionally, ā€œWhat is Jaden worth to them as a player?ā€ While we consider the same value for us, what they are missing is the second and third order effects of depriving an in-state rival of the benefit/value of having him in their class. More specifically, how that affects their ability to recruit other top-shelf recruits.

So, even if we spent more than the gator, which I donā€™t believe, it is easily justified by their compounded losses being worth at least as much to us as Jadenā€™s ability to play QB at Miami.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back