Tears Gator Tears

View attachment 184865

ace ventura dog GIF

View attachment 184866

Que the @flagator86 is Darth Gator, Darth Gator is flagator86 meme

wwe-doink-the-clown.gif

Advertisement
I need to circle back to this. Apparently these “Collectives” aren’t NIL compliant because I guess of the way they’re structured.

Question for @TheOriginalCane - Would this make the vaunted Gator Collective “Suspect NIL”???

You know… in the words of the gaytor about Miami’s NIL per recent screenshots of their board.
Aren't collectives essentially a bunch of boosters/fans collectively contributing to a pot of money as a means to pay athletes under the guise of NIL? It's pay for play.

LifeWallet isn't a collective. It's legitimate NIL IAW state NIL law. Yeah, it also happens to be a giant ******* loophole as a means for boosters to put money in the pockets of student athletes, tough ****. **** the NCAA for having an opinion now after sitting on their hands since Ed O'Bannon took them to court. They knew this was coming and Emmert did nothing.

Their mindset that only Ruiz is funding NIL is so funny. TVD and other players have multiple NIL that has nothing to do with Ruiz. Not everyone wants their name out there. They will see the limit of living in trailer parkville. I used to have a gf there, its opiods, drinking and banging. There is just a limit of businesses there. I think eventually we are gonna get more money involved with other bigger business getting involved with the international nature of Miami..

Advertisement
Aren't collectives essentially a bunch of boosters/fans collectively contributing to a pot of money as a means to pay athletes under the guise of NIL? It's pay for play.

LifeWallet isn't a collective. It's legitimate NIL IAW state NIL law. Yeah, it also happens to be a giant ******* loophole as a means for boosters to put money in the pockets of student athletes, tough ****. **** the NCAA for having an opinion now after sitting on their hands since Ed O'Bannon took them to court. They knew this was coming and Emmert did nothing.
5938C7DB-2C9A-4ACD-A35D-309E277C6DF9.jpeg

Their mindset that only Ruiz is funding NIL is so funny. TVD and other players have multiple NIL that has nothing to do with Ruiz. Not everyone wants their name out there. They will see the limit of living in trailer parkville. I used to have a gf there, its opiods, drinking and banging. There is just a limit of businesses there. I think eventually we are gonna get more money involved with other bigger business getting involved with the international nature of Miami..

Exactly. Just wait until we start actually putting a great product on the field. If we start rolling again, business will be lining up to get a piece of the pie and put their name out there.

I need to circle back to this. Apparently these “Collectives” aren’t NIL compliant because I guess of the way they’re structured.

Question for @TheOriginalCane - Would this make the vaunted Gator Collective “Suspect NIL”???

You know… in the words of the gaytor about Miami’s NIL per recent screenshots of their board.

Yes, there are some wacky issues to figure out.

GC is the collective, but it’s run by a Gaytor alum who is a wealth management guy. Think of Dwayne Johnson on Ballers. Heitner just came out and said “GC doesn’t offer transfers, we just pay our existing players.’ If true, the form of the contract is ok, but they might have ncaa issues on boosters running the thing. Not sure that Gaytor Guard is compliant. As you could expect, F$U is fooooked, they combined their fake charity and collective on the same flaccid website and have 7 former athletes running it.

I posted elsewhere that LifeWallet should be comparable to Dr. Pepper if John just limits his social media presence.

Advertisement
It seems to me that the gator was comfortable breaking the rules to have some level of success. Then NIL comes along and Miami has a renewed commitment to success along with a wealthy benefactor. Now the system is rigged, the gator collective is flush with cash (more than Ruiz) and isn't spending because?

The next few years are going to give me a schadenfreude overdose.
That’s it exactly. The old system was ok because they felt it benefited them. This one is rigged and corrupt because it does not.

Advertisement
Advertisement

GC is the collective, but it’s run by a Gaytor alum who is a wealth management guy. Think of Dwayne Johnson on Ballers. Heitner just came out and said “GC doesn’t offer transfers, we just pay our existing players.’ If true, the form of the contract is ok, but they might have ncaa issues on boosters running the thing. Not sure that Gaytor Guard is compliant. As you could expect, F$U is fooooked, they combined their fake charity and collective on the same flaccid website and have 7 former athletes running it.

I posted elsewhere that LifeWallet should be comparable to Dr. Pepper if John just limits his social media presence.
I agree with much of this and only add a few obvious points. First, the “collectives” such as those at UF and FSU exist ONLY to pay players to play for a school. That is NOT selling a person’s NIL. A company, like LW is, in theory, paying a kid to advertise its products. As an illustration, how many college football fans have now heard of LW and are predisposed to buy its products over it’s competitors? See how that works. The company has bought national attention by its advertising. Second, I think it is unlikely that huge publicly traded corporations will get into the NIL business. Their managers owe a fiduciary duty to shareholders to maximize value of the company. It would be impossible to claim that paying an unknown high school QB millions of dollars to attend Tennessee adds any value to Coke, Mercedes Benz, or Jack Daniels. Having a star NFL QB or an NBA all-star push your insurance, booze, or shoes will certainly increase sales. And finally, Billionaires who own businesses do not answer to boards or shareholders. So, if T Boone Pickens wants to spend fifty million dollars to enjoy going to Pickens stadium on Saturdays in the fall, he can use his chump change to do it. He just must have the players appear in his TV ads or sign at car dealerships he owns. I just pray that my Canes have lots of Billionaires who want watch great sports at their venues. That is all.

I’m a little disappointed in you my friend. I thought this reply was going to be WAY longer. @RVACane really tossed you a softball here 🤣🤣🤣.

Good stuff 👍. I swear I learn more on this site than I did in college.

Advertisement
Back