• Attention: Register today to view CanesInSight Ad-Free for 7 days.

Off-Topic Gas prices

paksat

Junior
everyone enjoying them? I just seen it's now at $3.45 a gallon where i'm at

I guess that arab princes need another 5 story garage full of $200,000+ cars. No one even mildly telling them to chill the fck out about it, I guess i'd do the same if I had zero morals though I guess.

Cane4life18

Junior
Has nothing to do with Arab prince. Inflation is happening in every sector. Housing, retail, gasoline, etc...

Hell, even the local dollar stores are turning into the dollar twenty-five store. Lol

ben

Senior
Premium
a whole new world aladdin GIF

paksat

Junior
Has nothing to do with Arab prince. Inflation is happening in every sector. Housing, retail, gasoline, etc...

Hell, even the local dollar stores are turning into the dollar twenty-five store. Lol

the prices jumped almost over night by 70 cents around late november

inflation doesn't happen that quick

chevron just posted a 1.5 billion dollar profit, the most it has ever had. Inflation is happening, but it doesn't happen that fast.

We know there are many industries taking advantage of the current market to significantly hike prices. The problem with gas IMO occurred 35-40 years ago when they changed how gas was traded. From supply and demand to a speculative commodity. Now any rumor, firecracker that pops in the middle east allows the puppet masters to raise prices and their profits. We stupidly dedicate ourselves to division over BS while Corporations and the rich are the ones looking down laughing at us fools fight over non wealth issues.

423Hurricane

High Profile Wannabe
Premium
the prices jumped almost over night by 70 cents around late november

inflation doesn't happen that quick

chevron just posted a 1.5 billion dollar profit, the most it has ever had. Inflation is happening, but it doesn't happen that fast.
Shutting down the Keystone pipeline was a major factor. We were actually exporting oil for the first time in decades when it was up and running. Now we’re back to having the Arabs having a firm grasp of our short hairs.

BoxingRobes

Junior

Brother, its not actually inflation.

They are just jacking up prices because they can.

423Hurricane

High Profile Wannabe
Premium
Question, cause I don't know: The Keystone pipeline is still operating and so how could cancellation of additions to the system have had much impact on supply and gas prices? Axing for a friend.
It’s operating only in Canada I believe. The flow through the US was cut off by executive order 1/20/21.

paksat

Junior
I don't believe any of the existing operating keystone pipeline, including in the US, was shut down. Biden shut down the Keystone XL addons. The XL stands for export limited and most of what it would have carried would have been for exports. Disclaimer, I am not an oil executive.

I'm not educated on the pipeline because I haven't looked into it, but how can it be an existing operation when it was... under construction?

Anyway, 48 hours ago it was $3.31, it is now $3.53