Gary Danielson: Canes are ‘Much Improved; ACC Sleeper Team’

Cane2

Band
Banned
UM.jpgAG1.jpg

“I think that the Miami Hurricanes with a quarterback Brad Kaaya, that has a bit of experience this year — I just think they are a much improved football team,” CBS lead college football analyst Gary Danielson said on the Joe Rose Show.

Not everyone has low expectations for Al Golden and the Miami Hurricanes this season as the team readies for Nebraska this Saturday.

“And I think that Nebraska is kind of a work in progress. Coming in with a passing offense to Miami with the athletes and defense put together for a couple years, Miami has got to take that next step this week and show everybody the program is on the right side.

“I like Miami to take the next step. I think they are a sleeper this year in the ACC and I hope so. It’s good when Miami has a good football team. I know Al — I covered Al when he played at Penn State. I think he has the right idea how to build a football team. He hasn’t taken that last step though, there’s no doubt about that.” Danielson: Miami Hurricanes a ‘Much Improved’ Team, ‘ACC Sleeper’ « CBS Miami

Advertisement
Nobody knows if we are improved or not, as we haven't played anybody. Just some meaningless airball quotes and nothing more.

Much improved? Are those players in the NFL coming back? What is Fraulden's "right idea" that has a history of success? That writer is a doofus.

— "I covered Al when he played at Penn State. I think he has the right idea how to build a football team. He hasn’t taken that last step though, there’s no doubt about that.”

Just a random weak 2 hot take , Nebraska is the first small test , Florida state will be the second ...

Advertisement
This is nothing more than CBS radio home of the canes promoting the game.

I'm guessing, that ratings are down on the Miami side and they need a boost.

So they needed to bring in someone to say something nice about the team.

Is this the same Gary Danielson that said the targeting rule was an anti-SEC rule because they are the only conference with big, fast, and hard hitting players in the Secondary?

Yeah, **** that moron.

Advertisement
I don't recall him doing a Canes game during Goldens tenure. I wonder how many games he's actually seen us play under Al.

If this team wins its next three games, including the matchup with FSU, then, maybe, we can talk about this team being "much improved." So far, we've beated one 1AA team and nearly blew a game against lowly FAU. We were saved by five turnovers and the early exit of their starting QB and RB because of injuries.

Frankly, I don't know what to expect against Nebraska. I'm not sold on our defense (which made FAU's reserve QB look like a Heisman candidate), and our offense still has trouble scoring in the red zone. I do know this: We're going to have to put up bunches of points to win.

- CAT5 Cane

If this team wins its next three games, including the matchup with FSU, then, maybe, we can talk about this team being "much improved." So far, we've beated one 1AA team and nearly blew a game against lowly FAU. We were saved by five turnovers and the early exit of their starting QB and RB because of injuries.

Frankly, I don't know what to expect against Nebraska. I'm not sold on our defense (which made FAU's reserve QB look like a Heisman candidate), and our offense still has trouble scoring in the red zone. I do know this: We're going to have to put up bunches of points to win.

- CAT5 Cane

makes sense to figure on a shoutout.

No.

View attachment 31815View attachment 31816

“I think that the Miami Hurricanes with a quarterback Brad Kaaya, that has a bit of experience this year — I just think they are a much improved football team,” CBS lead college football analyst Gary Danielson said on the Joe Rose Show.

Not everyone has low expectations for Al Golden and the Miami Hurricanes this season as the team readies for Nebraska this Saturday.

“And I think that Nebraska is kind of a work in progress. Coming in with a passing offense to Miami with the athletes and defense put together for a couple years, Miami has got to take that next step this week and show everybody the program is on the right side.

“I like Miami to take the next step. I think they are a sleeper this year in the ACC and I hope so. It’s good when Miami has a good football team. I know Al — I covered Al when he played at Penn State. I think he has the right idea how to build a football team. He hasn’t taken that last step though, there’s no doubt about that.” Danielson: Miami Hurricanes a ‘Much Improved’ Team, ‘ACC Sleeper’ « CBS Miami

Advertisement
I've been pleasantly surprised with the D this year. I feel like I'm seeing more guys around the ball, receivers aren't all alone in zone.. safeties are making plays. .. it's promising. The offense doe... semi dumpster fire right now. Especially the o line.

Did you watch the FAU game?

I've been pleasantly surprised with the D this year. I feel like I'm seeing more guys around the ball, receivers aren't all alone in zone.. safeties are making plays. .. it's promising. The offense doe... semi dumpster fire right now. Especially the o line.

Advertisement
I completely agree with him. Al has not taken the last step yet. The rest, there's just no way to tell if we're better or not. In my eyes our O looks worse.

This is comical, downright comedic gold. This is a guy that gets paid to be a college football analyst. As someone mentioned, he's basically making generic cliche' quotes about Folden. It's just incredible that a person in his position could still remain so out of touch with how troubled this situation is.

View attachment 31815View attachment 31816

please GOD let that last step be off of a cliff into a bottomless abyss

Advertisement
Back