Garvin to the NFL

Advertisement
He isn't top 10 at his position and had no stretches of domination all season. He actually hurt his draft stock by how bad of a year he had. Here's hoping his 2018 tape and testing makes up for it. He's a 4-7 rounder.

Correct. I don't the defensive ends understand the significance of that these days. Unless your vertical jump and other explosiveness tests are at the top tier, you are going to drop. The only ones who can get away with less than elite testing are guys like Clowney and Chase Young, who probably will not test as well as expected.

90th percentile vertical
91st percentile broad
93rd percentile 10-yard split

Clowney underperformed in the 3-cone...an important measure for sure...but is considered a freak athletically.

The inverse of Clowney would be a guy like Joey Bosa. Strong 3-Cone and 20 yard (short area and bend) but not as great in the traditional explosive drills, but gets by with absolutely superior technique, speed to power, and hands.

Both guys are top athletes at the position, just in different ways.

If you aren't an athlete...lets say like Derek Barnett or Dante Fowler...odds are you won't be very good in the pros. Those types, especially drafted high. Those not-so-great athletes at the edge that still perform well are usually much later draft picks.

Advertisement
Good for them. They probably rotate in future 1st rounders. Were rotating in nobodies.

These guys would like to have a word with you.

FD73FF5F-380F-4635-B35D-7CDB5B212D7B.jpeg
D694DB5A-0FFC-4308-90BB-B5D892B9EB40.jpeg
625D6A12-2606-43E9-ACA1-D4D0DAD40B09.jpeg

I'm shocked that people think Garvin was coming back. **** dude was gone last year. I was near his people last year at the FSU game and knew he was gone. Surely no one close to the program really thought he was coming back. They can upgrade that Benz now. Good luck to the kid.

I'm shocked that people think Garvin was coming back. **** dude was gone last year. I was near his people last year at the FSU game and knew he was gone. Surely no one close to the program really thought he was coming back. They can upgrade that Benz now. Good luck to the kid.
What were they saying?

Advertisement
I don't get how it's a bad decision.. In my opinion he'll get drafted in the draft. RJ McIntosh & Kendrick Norton; both whom I saw a lot of the users on this website say was two bad decisions. I remember the majority were saying they should stay another year in college. Help be on a even better defense & get drafted higher.. Obviously Garvin believes in his own talent.. Whether he gets drafted or not, he most likely will put in the work to make a career in the nfl.

This is why the majority of fans of any sports team, whether they admit it or not - are just selfish thinkers; Especially if you buy a players jersey and then to proceed to act like they matter to the individual or not.. Like when Cleveland fans burned LeBron James "fan" gear after he went to Miami. & Most likely tried getting tickets to the nba playoffs when he went back to the cavs.

The above is why - It's absolute b/s people call themselves fans of any team; especially buying a specific players jersey. Especially when its a sport like football.. Earl Campbell during his nfl network autobiography.. you pretty much saw he's in constant physical pain.. And then there's tragic cases like Junior Seau (rip). Some of them just want to get paid to help their family most likely. Yet none of these big businesses give a **** about the actual person.

But even then there's different academic standards for each school - private/state. When Miami's program had no problem letting the U be a team when they were not giving a/f.. Pretty much, if the person can help fill the millionaire bank accounts, that's the end all for these rich people.

But even then. The u/s government still to this day don't give a **** about the player. That's why in basketball, you used to be abe to go to the pro's after high school. Guaranteed money is in the nba, because it's a less brutal sport overall. So a person like Michael Jordan can be the goat of the entire nba, still today. Yet the Bull's ownership during his prime gave him grief over his contract. Yet the average starter makes the salary of his contract during Jordan's prime.

Sorry to rant.. I see all b/s people around me everyday where I live.

you said a lot to say nothing. No, we’re not just being fans. This was a terrible decision. If Deejay leaves early, I’ll celebrate the man. Nobody else on this team played good enough to leave early. Do you know the small percentage of juniors that get drafted? Much less a junior who was overshadowed by a freshmen.

Garvin won’t be drafted.

Practice squad special

Not even trying to dog the kid, but what did he do this year that warranted this consideration

Advertisement
This move should warrant a yawn at best. I'll always remember the strip sacks against VaTech and ND...from 2 years ago. But...that's it I guess? Are we even sure he would have started next year? Harvey, Jaelan Phillips, Cam Williams, all the 2020 guys...I think he saw that he might get passed up.

Advertisement
Terrible decision, in my opinion. But what else is new with this team?

Horrible decision. Guys like this need a senior year. He'll eiether go late rounds or undrafted. This is the type of decision that ends a career early.

Youre gonna compare the LSU defensive line to 3 players who haven't even played a single snap in college, one talented pass rusher, and one udfa.

BOLD STRATEGY COTTON

Jaelan was the #1 ranked player at his position and played at UCLA. El Ruso is a first rounder next year and Jahfari has drawn rave reviews. Patchan will have 24 yr old man strength. Yes I’m comparing our strongest and deepest position and our DEs match up favorably.

Yup. And we never do a better job of convincing them either. Neverending cycle.

WTF does that even mean? Dude has only a remote chance of getting drafted. I'm sure the coaches told him that. He wants to leave school. There is no "convincing" someone who is making a decision that irrational. I know that fans feel obligated to whine about every aspect of the program, but not convincing Garvin shouldn't be on the complaint list.

Advertisement
Back