Garrett Nussmeier 4 Star QB from Texas Offered

Advertisement
This is the problem with having a shty season. The top qb prospects get taken before the season starts. Can’t promise a kid something when he hasn’t seen it. Our only hope is that we kill it and it changes minds. But I think elite qb’s don’t flip as much as other positions. If this kid is committing in April it’s not gonna be us and he probably has a short list to begin with.

Sounds like LSU from his quotes and the fact he hasn't visited us yet.
Bring me either him, Moss, or the kid from Flagg's school.
Yeah Nussmeier is headed to LSU, the only other school even in the mix (as of now) is Texas.

Moss is good too but he's not coming either, he's sticking on the West Coast, but both Auburn & Tenn are after him heavy too. But Cal, Oregon, UCLA are the early favs for Moss.

My favorite QB's are Sawyer Robertson, Dematrius Davis or Kyron Drones.

Don't get why Lash hasn't offered Robertson yet considering he offered him at SMU & Sawyer has recently been offered by AZ St, FSU, TCU & USC, he's a TX kid that is absolutely gonna leave the state because UT, TAMU, Baylor & TTech all already have their QB's.

I'm not high or sold on Aaron McLaughlin at all.

Last edited:
Advertisement
New Michigan State head coach Mel Tucker offered Nussmeier yesterday. Tennessee , too. His head coach went to Tennessee.

First name i thought of watching his film was Mahomes.

The way he scrambled around the pocket and slings it on the run, taking deep shots......it was fun to watch.

I put him and Moss well above McLaughlin.
McLaughlin has the better physical tools though. He's just raw right now.

McLaughlin has the better physical tools though. He's just raw right now.

If you mean height and a big arm, then yes. But watch Moss' footwork and how the ball zips out of his hand quickly.

We can only judge a kid by tape but it's the stuff off tape, the leadership, demeanor, film room, the processing, knowing coverages, etc that separates QBs from HS to college.

I'm no quarterback guru but it troubles me to see him not stepping up and following through in the pocket. Seems to be just relying on arm which scarily is enough at this level.

Advertisement
Seems like LSU is working both Nussmeier and Caleb Williams. Their recruiting guy thinks both kids are waiting for LSU to make a move on o e of them as a priority now that their offensive staff is complete.

Seems like LSU is working both Nussmeier and Caleb Williams. Their recruiting guy thinks both kids are waiting for LSU to make a move on o e of them as a priority now that their offensive staff is complete.
Oklahoma believes they have a great shot at landing Caleb Williams...

Whether they do or not idk, but a lot of recent reports have Okla being in position to get the commit from Caleb.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back