Garcia Decommits!!

Advertisement
This is what I recall. Vets wanted Ryan Williams to start and did not take kindly to a freshman coming in and starting
You know what's crazy and idk why I think about this still but remember in 2010 Jacory got smoked in that Virginia game and had to miss the next few games? Well Morris was set up to redshirt that year and Highsmith was hurt and Spencer Whipple sucked so they burned Morris redshirt and he went on to play until 2013.

If Morris ended up redshirting, he'd be our guy for 2014 as a redshirt senior and Kaaya comes here and redshirts then takes over in 2015. I really do think with Morris at QB in 2014 Miami has a good year and who even knows if Golden gets canned in 2015. You could also say even if Morris was here in 2014 it wouldn't have mattered because Dorito was still the DC. Obviously, it doesn't matter now.

This is what I recall. Vets wanted Ryan Williams to start and did not take kindly to a freshman coming in and starting
Williams would have been the starter without question if healthy. The issue was golden wouldn’t pull Kaaya who was struggling during the first half of the season when Williams recovered from his injuries midway through.

The upper classmen were rightfully angry that the coaches decided to not play the best player in the name of preparing kaaya for future seasons.

I also think this is completely separate from Kaaya not vibing with his teammates. I was on campus at the time and it never seemed like he was well liked

Advertisement
I think Garcia commits before Monday
200.gif

They are so dumb. Would he start day 1 there? Sure. But their o line and lack of elite weapons and serviceable kids on the roster right now would put him in a body bag halfway through
He’s not. TVD has some Andrew Luck athletism.
Garcia is not that athletic, dude is in the 4.9-5.0 range in the 40. Tvd tir his size can move good and plays multiple sports. He’s a far better athlete and stronger arm.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Grayson does play in perhaps one of the best classifications in high school football though. 7A in Georgia is the elite. His comp is definitely elite though.
Idk about qb evaluations but this kid basically traveled across the country to compete in one of the most talent rich states and divisions.
To me that speaks to his willingness to compete and play.

Garcia is elite! Kid has all the tools in the toolbox. Lashlee will adapt the offense to Garcia’s strength. I expect an SMU type O with Garcia at the helm. We are running a lot more zone read RPO with King due to his running ability. Garcia will be a Heisman contender in the near future.
Jake may or may not be athletic
I feel like it doesn’t even matter. If you have the goods as a QB you don’t need to be athletic. You keep bringing in kids to find the guy who has the It factor.

Advertisement
question..if/when Garcia commits and on the chance that King returns ( and i think it's a pretty good chance) do you think there's a chance TVD transfers ???

I mean he will have been in the program 3 years and still not seeing the field.I'd hate to see him go cause I think he will be the goods but I can't see him hanging around just to signal in plays much longer

Advertisement
question..if/when Garcia commits and on the chance that King returns ( and i think it's a pretty good chance) do you think there's a chance TVD transfers ???

I mean he will have been in the program 3 years and still not seeing the field.I'd hate to see him go cause I think he will be the goods but I can't see him hanging around just to signal in plays much longer

haha some of you are some real dopes. TVD will be in year two next year. Why would he transfer?

No chance in **** TVD transfers. He isn't a certain someone whose name I don't want to mention who thinks about bailing after a year here.

TVD is a true freshman, so if King comes back he will be competing for the starting job in year three as a redshirt sophomore. I don’t think he would transfer

Advertisement
Back