Garcia Decommits!!

Advertisement
We can go on..& on about Garcia & TVD till we're Blue in the face, but what we need MOST is shoring up our OL....It will be alot more critical now....OL has ALWAYS (except 2001) been our Achilles heel...would be nice for that to change for once...and btw...I think Searles is Trash
Thank u I've been screaming this we need lineman bad. I think justice is gonna be good from everything I've heard. It's sad that if u look at our line we have essentially 3 centers and our best lineman is a rt being forced to play lt

Not impressed by the comp Grayson plays against who is one of the Highschool programs annually putting out top college talent?
Bro if you watch his highlight on 247 that they have up the competition was not good. Maybe that particular team looked bad he was playing against but not the overall competition per say he plays week in week out. TBH I’m not wowed by the kid we have TVD.

Advertisement
What makes you say he’s more athletic than TVD? Have you done any research on their testing numbers lol
I was under the impression Van Dyke was far superior athletically but their testing number are very similar. Both 4.9s in the 40 and a 27.5” vertical. Van Dyke has the better shuttle by about .5 seconds.

The caveat is Van Dyke has 3 inches on him and about 30 pounds and tested better at the same time. He also played 3 sports compared to Garcia being football only.

I would like to know where Garcia grades out within @Lance Roffers database of testing numbers. Should be fairly well off with a sub 5.0 40 and A 4.84 shuttle and decent vertical

I was under the impression Van Dyke was far superior athletically but their testing number are very similar. Both 4.9s in the 40 and a 27.5” vertical. Van Dyke has the better shuttle by about .5 seconds.

The caveat is Van Dyke has 3 inches on him and about 30 pounds and tested better at the same time. He also played 3 sports compared to Garcia being football only.
Van Dyke is huuuuge. Maybe the largest UM qb ever? OGs can chime in.

I know TVD was recruited by Enos, but he looked impressive in all his HS tape. Doe sanyone know exactly how Lashlee feels about him? Does he see him as the kind of QB to lead us to a championship?

Advertisement
I know TVD was recruited by Enos, but he looked impressive in all his HS tape. Doe sanyone know exactly how Lashlee feels about him? Does he see him as the kind of QB to lead us to a championship?
Same can be asked for Garcia too. Enos was on Garcia heavily and Lashlee walked right into that. I’m curious if lashlee would have targeted him if enos didn’t lay the foundation

I think a big issue with Kaaya is that supposedly he wasn't well liked by his teammates. Football is a hard sport and its tough to win if teammates aren't willing to fall on their swords for the QB. Even bad QBs have been successful because they were good leaders. It's possible a QB with incredible talent can be a douchebag and still be successful in college (like Ryan Leaf) but that's extremely rare. By all accounts Garcia is extremely well liked.

If Garcia has Kaaya's arm talent but with more mobility and pocket presence (he does) along with being a better leader, I think that's the making for an excellent QB.
If I remember correctly, a lot of upperclassmen were upset that golden named Kaaya the starter his freshman year. I think it was feliciano who said that Golden wanted the built in excuse of starting a true freshman in order to avoid getting fired. As a result, a lot of the upperclassmen didn’t like Kaaya. The upperclassmen felt if they had Ryan WIlliams as the starter they would have won more games.

Same can be asked for Garcia too. Enos was on Garcia heavily and Lashlee walked right into that. I’m curious if lashlee would have targeted him if enos didn’t lay the foundation
I suppose, but TVD was basically a done deal before Lashlee got here. Garcia might have been recruited by Enos, but if Lashlee didn't want him, he wouldn't have kept up the relationship.

Advertisement
I think a big issue with Kaaya is that supposedly he wasn't well liked by his teammates. Football is a hard sport and its tough to win if teammates aren't willing to fall on their swords for the QB. Even bad QBs have been successful because they were good leaders. It's possible a QB with incredible talent can be a douchebag and still be successful in college (like Ryan Leaf) but that's extremely rare. By all accounts Garcia is extremely well liked.

If Garcia has Kaaya's arm talent but with more mobility and pocket presence (he does) along with being a better leader, I think that's the making for an excellent QB.
I think the veteran guys in 2014 didn't want Kaaya as their starter. Ryan Williams would have been the guy which would have set up Kaaya to redshirt but Williams tore his ACL in spring ball and made a quick recovery and I think was full go mid season but Al wouldn't take away the keys from Kaaya.

I think the veteran guys in 2014 didn't want Kaaya as their starter. Ryan Williams would have been the guy which would have set up Kaaya to redshirt but Williams tore his ACL in spring ball and made a quick recovery and I think was full go mid season but Al wouldn't take away the keys from Kaaya.

This is what I recall. Vets wanted Ryan Williams to start and did not take kindly to a freshman coming in and starting

Advertisement
If I remember correctly, a lot of upperclassmen were upset that golden named Kaaya the starter his freshman year. I think it was feliciano who said that Golden wanted the built in excuse of starting a true freshman in order to avoid getting fired. As a result, a lot of the upperclassmen didn’t like Kaaya. The upperclassmen felt if they had Ryan WIlliams as the starter they would have won more games.
Williams was injured over the summer and start of the season. The battle was between Kaaya and Jake Heaps.

Watch the film and you be the judge

I see enough athleticism to not even be remotely close to Brad Kayaa level of inept speed...

In my opinion kid does enough to keep a defense honest... he can pull the ball and pick up a few yards... scramble to keep himself out of a sack. But is he king level of big play waiting to happen?? No. But Lashlee has ran successful offenses (like SMU) with a dead similar QB.

Works for me.

I signed to play baseball at coastal out of HS. I was in Conway 12 days and school had been in session for 1 full week. We had 1 team meeting and a pro-day style workout and then due to something that happened that weekend me, my roommate, and another freshman were dismissed from the team the next Monday 🤣

Ya it was pretty crazy. But yes... Myrtle sucks.
I learned a very painful lesson from those costal Carolina sorostitutes. With that said dirty myrtle is just a nasty tourist trap, mini golf courses and overpriced buffets. The armpit of South Carolina. Think pigeon forge on the beach.

Advertisement
Back