Garcia Decommits!!

Advertisement
So is this kid a decent athlete or nah? 247 compares him to Tannehill. If he's a short Brad Kaaya I'm not feeling it.

Oh man, do I remember that PSU game. Their arrogant LB talking about Dan Morgan, "Who's that?" That was Ed's one memorably bad play for the long TD. But, it was a LOUSY call on the 1st down mark and gave them enough chances to hit on a long TD against Ed. A very even game, but we outplayed them and would've won except for that bad call.

THIS is what I'm talking about!! The 99' team was only outclassed by the Noles that year. I don't care what the final score of the VT game was. If Kelly doesn't go down, we take that game into the 4th quarter and could've definitely won it. Oh well...

Let's get Garcia and have him devour VT the first time he plays against them.
It really wasnt against Ed...as much as Rumph slipping on field...Ed was just in a bad position at FS....that play doesnt happen if ref gives us a rightful 1st down....if we had reviews back then...we would have won game...and played in a Huge Bowl Game.....

Advertisement
So is this kid a decent athlete or nah? 247 compares him to Tannehill. If he's a short Brad Kaaya I'm not feeling it.

I think a big issue with Kaaya is that supposedly he wasn't well liked by his teammates. Football is a hard sport and its tough to win if teammates aren't willing to fall on their swords for the QB. Even bad QBs have been successful because they were good leaders. It's possible a QB with incredible talent can be a douchebag and still be successful in college (like Ryan Leaf) but that's extremely rare. By all accounts Garcia is extremely well liked.

If Garcia has Kaaya's arm talent but with more mobility and pocket presence (he does) along with being a better leader, I think that's the making for an excellent QB.

The more I watch his tape, the more I’m coming around to him at least being successful in this offense. Would like a bit more mobility but his accuracy and pocket awareness will make up for it is my hope. Assuming the OL play increases a good amount by the time he takes the reigns he can be an above average to all ACC type QB in this offense.
Other QBs I like over him but if he’s our QB pull this cycle then we could do a lot worse.

LOVE that this kid is an absolute football junkie and did everything in his power to play his senior season when he had literally nothing to gain and everything to lose by going to play in GA this year. played against very good competition as well.

I think a big issue with Kaaya is that supposedly he wasn't well liked by his teammates. Football is a hard sport and its tough to win if teammates aren't willing to fall on their swords for the QB. Even bad QBs have been successful because they were good leaders. It's possible a QB with incredible talent can be a douchebag and still be successful in college (like Ryan Leaf) but that's extremely rare. By all accounts Garcia is extremely well liked.

If Garcia has Kaaya's arm talent but with more mobility and pocket presence (he does) along with being a better leader, I think that's the making for an excellent QB.
Really strong post. Totally agree!

Watch the film and you be the judge

I see enough athleticism to not even be remotely close to Brad Kayaa level of inept speed...

In my opinion kid does enough to keep a defense honest... he can pull the ball and pick up a few yards... scramble to keep himself out of a sack. But is he king level of big play waiting to happen?? No. But Lashlee has ran successful offenses (like SMU) with a dead similar QB.

Advertisement
Yea he has but I'm allowed to disagree on the take, and I'm sure these coaches pick qbs and some don't work out as well. Listen if he takes him I want him to do well I'm just confused about it....I just want my guy to be able to pull away and be a real threat back there like King. I'm already spoiled cause of King
I get it. I was just being a contrarian when you say what lash values but it’s been obvious that this is lash’s guy. Either he doesn’t value running as much as you think he does or in his eyes Jake’s other attributes far outweigh the lesser mobility. Time will tell

kaaya didn't seem to have any sort of fire in his belly at all. just a ho-hum dude with a great arm and bricks for feet.

I love the how dynamic the offense has been recently with king’s mobility opening, and spreading the field laterally. If Garcia commits, you have to think that Lashlee is banking on the improvement of the O-line within a year from now, while Jake RS. Thus if he were to win the starting job, than he wouldn’t need to be “dual threat” behind a solid offensive line. Just mobile enough to gain positive yards, Aaron Rogers by no means should be considered “dual threat” but he’s mobile enough to confidently run out of the pocket on 3rd and short. If Jake has enough athleticism he’ll be fine behind a solid O-line.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Because Diaz put him in it. Diaz has been on this kid since before his paradise trip. When they went out to evaluate Keyshawn smith last cycle, manny was on that trip and made sure to Stop by Jakes school. Manny been on his ****
**** CIS. People say the class is incomplete without a top QB. Then the #1 target who's from Cali leaves USC. We are the most likely destination. This board is still complaining. Lashlee has been all over this kid for a reason people. The OL will be fixed by the time he's playing. The kid is a gamer.

Nah he's much more athletic than Kaaya. More athletic than TVD too. Probably comparable to Jarren in terms of mobiity, though Jarren was obviously physically stronger.

Buchele at SMU would be a good comp imo
What makes you say he’s more athletic than TVD? Have you done any research on their testing numbers lol

Wow watching his highlights. This kid is made for lashlee.
And to go to a school without the long term chemistry and kill it. I am very excited for this kid if he commits to us.

Seen him in person here at Grayson. Good arm, decent mobility and can push the ball down the filed. Came in and is the best quarterback on a 10-0 team. #RamPride

Advertisement
Back