Garcia Decommits!!

Advertisement
FSU Pages believe that they will get Garcia....more tears!
They are so dumb. Would he start day 1 there? Sure. But their o line and lack of elite weapons and serviceable kids on the roster right now would put him in a body bag halfway through game 1 and end his career.
This kid is smart. You know he is up to date on the dumpster fire there and taking a look at that pathetic class. A qb isn’t saving their program alone at this point. Not even Trevor Lawrence could get them to a winning record this year.

Advertisement
I have seen Garcia. He definitely has a talented arm. Elite even. But after the arm I’m not impressed honestly
Well, it’s much easier to develop that other stuff than it is arm talent. For the most part you either have it or you don’t. Many HS QB’s with elite arms are lacking in intangibles because their arm talent is typically good enough to carry them at that level.

Advertisement
Knowing absolutely nothing about him, the way some of you guys are talking I would think he’s a Brad Kaaya clone.

which wouldn’t be terrible, kaaya had a great arm, but was frustrating to watch him take sacks and refuse to take off with wide open field ahead of him.

regardless, a QB this cycle is needed (Hs commit or transfer)

The national Rivals writers spoke to him late last night. Here are the highlights:

The Trojans had Garcia and four-star Miller Moss committed at quarterback. The former California recruit who is now playing his senior year at Loganville (Ga.) Grayson was fine with two QBs in the class.

But when USC started pursuing a third, namely Draper (Utah) Corner Canyon’s Jaxson Dart, that was a little surprising.

“I still love SC,” Garcia said. “I still love the staff and everything but we had agreed on two quarterbacks and they ended up recruiting three.

“I’m not afraid of competition at all because this year I’ve proven to myself what I can do. I feel like I’ve elevated my game this year and my knowledge of the game this year but it wasn’t what we had agreed upon.”

The high four-star quarterback compared the situation to what Arizona State did a few recruiting cycles ago when it took Jayden Daniels, Joey Yellen and Ethan Long all in the same recruiting cycle. Daniels is now the starter, Yellen transferred to Pitt and Long plays tight end.

“(USC) would be a great place for me to be but it’s just not the right fit right

Advertisement
Advertisement
Knowing absolutely nothing about him, the way some of you guys are talking I would think he’s a Brad Kaaya clone.

which wouldn’t be terrible, kaaya had a great arm, but was frustrating to watch him take sacks and refuse to take off with wide open field ahead of him.

regardless, a QB this cycle is needed (Hs commit or transfer)
He's got alot better mobility than Kaaya...but then again...So did my deceased Grandmother of 35yrs...

I would never advocate for a journeyman either. There will be a star available, and I’d hate to miss out because we took an average HS QB who is behind a RS freshman who is better than he is.
I normally agree with your takes but what makes you think you we get a star QB transfer again?

We've only had two in the past 20 years in Berlin & King.

Advertisement
Back