Gameday traditions

ajsgolf

Recruit
What are your gameday traditions/superstitions? When Saturday comes around (as long as they're playing on a Saturday that given week), what must you do/not do to help you believe that because you did just that it helped Miami get the win? Anything you must wear, something you must eat, someone you must watch the game with, making sure you watch the game alone? Do you sit down in a certain position or are you standing the whole game? Do you get excited during the game, curse or just sit quietly until it's over to then hopefully celebrate? Just like to hear everyone's Saturday ritual.

Advertisement
Either BBQ Ribs or Pulled Pork BBQ and Panko fried shrimp for the crew, White Russians for me. A little AC/DC and a whole lot of fun!

No longer live in SoFla, so unfortunately my gamedays no longer involve tailgating and going to the game. But I've definitely got some traditions/superstitions...

First, as soon as I wake up, my daughter and I set up The Shrine while playing the Miami fight song and nowadays the Turnover Chain song. The Shrine is all my favorite U memorabilia that we set up around the TV. 2000 team signed ball, 2001 team signed mini helmet, EJ ball, Orange Bowl seat, 3D light up Orange Bowl, several turnover chains, some pom poms from the 2001 championship game, and a whole bunch of other U related items. The end result is glorious.

We put the big U flag out in the front of the house and car flags go up too (one U flag and two hurricane warning squares) if not already up earlier in the week.

I have three gameday jerseys. I always start in my white Duke Johnson. If we cruise, it stays on. When we need a change of pace and a defensive stand, I switch out to the green Sean Spence. At dire times, and only at dire times, I throw on my orange Ed Reed. I put that bad boy on about 2 mins before Redwine lit up Frenchie on Saturday. The sh-t works, I'm tellin ya! I'm so weird about my jerseys I even brought them to the VaTech game I went to at the Hard Rock last year and was changing them out in the stands early on. People around me thought I was a f'ing madman.

Used to have a whole routine with drinks as well (not a set amount or type of drinks, but made sure I was properly lit by kickoff and hype as ****), but I gave up booze about 3 weeks ago so this is no more.

I ONLY watch the games at home and I stand the entire time. I can't have friends over, it's too intense for me. My wife and daughter watch too, though when distractions form they are tasked with dealing them so they usually don't lock in for all 4 quarters like I do. Lastly, and this is weird, I have formed an odd quirk the last few years of touching a few of pieces of The Shrine in a certain pattern when a big moment is happening. I'm not an OCD kind of guy in life at all, so it's bizarre I do that. But I absolutely do, and again, the sh-it works!

You folks are probably the only people I would admit this all to. LOL

LOVE MY CANES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and the other 'tradition'... I am a really sh-tty person to be around when we lose. It affects me for days.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The recent posts by OP come across as someone fishing for information, not just a curious fan.:cautious:

Russian probe investigator hunting for Trump connection. Apparently they found that newspaper Donald sent to Donna about hireing Leach in a Russian trash basket. They want to ignore the obvious Clinton connection and need a blog post to get warrant.

Drink, then watch the second half on DVR hungover to find out what happened.
LOL!! Been there. Last time for me was ACCCG vs Clemson. Drank myself into oblivion by early 3rd and blacked out. Had to watch second half a few days later when my brain was working again.

Advertisement
Some random person at my friends house started getting in my ear when LSU scored on that long run so I threw a beer at him.
Yeah that’s what I’m trying to avoid, I don’t know what’s worse other teams fans or guy that doesn’t know **** about our team but is a fan.

Advertisement
No longer live in SoFla, so unfortunately my gamedays no longer involve tailgating and going to the game. But I've definitely got some traditions/superstitions...

First, as soon as I wake up, my daughter and I set up The Shrine while playing the Miami fight song and nowadays the Turnover Chain song. The Shrine is all my favorite U memorabilia that we set up around the TV. 2000 team signed ball, 2001 team signed mini helmet, EJ ball, Orange Bowl seat, 3D light up Orange Bowl, several turnover chains, some pom poms from the 2001 championship game, and a whole bunch of other U related items. The end result is glorious.

We put the big U flag out in the front of the house and car flags go up too (one U flag and two hurricane warning squares) if not already up earlier in the week.

I have three gameday jerseys. I always start in my white Duke Johnson. If we cruise, it stays on. When we need a change of pace and a defensive stand, I switch out to the green Sean Spence. At dire times, and only at dire times, I throw on my orange Ed Reed. I put that bad boy on about 2 mins before Redwine lit up Frenchie on Saturday. The sh-t works, I'm tellin ya! I'm so weird about my jerseys I even brought them to the VaTech game I went to at the Hard Rock last year and was changing them out in the stands early on. People around me thought I was a f'ing madman.

Used to have a whole routine with drinks as well (not a set amount or type of drinks, but made sure I was properly lit by kickoff and hype as ****), but I gave up booze about 3 weeks ago so this is no more.

I ONLY watch the games at home and I stand the entire time. I can't have friends over, it's too intense for me. My wife and daughter watch too, though when distractions form they are tasked with dealing them so they usually don't lock in for all 4 quarters like I do. Lastly, and this is weird, I have formed an odd quirk the last few years of touching a few of pieces of The Shrine in a certain pattern when a big moment is happening. I'm not an OCD kind of guy in life at all, so it's bizarre I do that. But I absolutely do, and again, the sh-it works!

You folks are probably the only people I would admit this all to. LOL

LOVE MY CANES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and the other 'tradition'... I am a really sh-tty person to be around when we lose. It affects me for days.

What was your drink routine?

Advertisement
I watch my Canes at night/early morning (because of the Italian time zone).
My body full of caffeine to be as focused as possible.

Sometimes it’s hard to not wake up all my family members: last year when Langham caught the TD vs FSU I woke up the entire city.

I’d love to watch a game with fellow Canes, but I don’t think there is one except me in Italy. LOL

DrunkMan.jpg

Vodka now but it used to be

Beerszzzzzzzzz

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back