Gameday Setting Up On The UC Patio

I'm curious to see if after spending time on campus and seeing everything that we have going on....will the espn propaganda machine continue to spit out the crappy facilities narrative.
I suspect not but we shall see.

If they are smart, they would send a couple of cameramen on a half-mile hike to film the ACTUAL PROGRESS towards our new IPF. It's, literally, just behind the Towers.

Good lord, that would go a long way to extinguishing the myth of "poor facilities".

I hope they do and actually show everything we have going but I don't trust they will.
Even if they do a month from now the talking heads will be pounding that lie again.

Here's where I disagree with that.

Finebaum and Neuheisel and a couple of others will continue to spread old lies and myths.

But if Herbstreit says we have great facilities live, in public, with everyone watching, the majority of the narrative will turn as well.

You'll always have a few scumbags who trash us. But if the "official ESPN narrative" changes, most will adopt it.

ESPN is like any other video media outlet, once the main guys adopt a narrative, almost everyone else gets in line.

Advertisement
I'm curious to see if after spending time on campus and seeing everything that we have going on....will the espn propaganda machine continue to spit out the crappy facilities narrative.
I suspect not but we shall see.

If they are smart, they would send a couple of cameramen on a half-mile hike to film the ACTUAL PROGRESS towards our new IPF. It's, literally, just behind the Towers.

Good lord, that would go a long way to extinguishing the myth of "poor facilities".

I hope they do and actually show everything we have going but I don't trust they will.
Even if they do a month from now the talking heads will be pounding that lie again.

Here's where I disagree with that.

Finebaum and Neuheisel and a couple of others will continue to spread old lies and myths.

But if Herbstreit says we have great facilities live, in public, with everyone watching, the majority of the narrative will turn as well.

You'll always have a few scumbags who trash us. But if the "official ESPN narrative" changes, most will adopt it.

ESPN is like any other video media outlet, once the main guys adopt a narrative, almost everyone else gets in line.

I can agree with that. The trolls will troll no material what. Hope the main guys say it and say it clearly on air.
Part of the reason I wanted fienbuam is because he is confronted with that truth on camera it's more difficult for him to spread the lies.
Then again I'm probably selling him short on that front.

Just got this from student affairs

51b143a4cf7653225c78ee8c55cfd7e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fans in the pit are expected to attend the entire broadcast

... I'll ******* leave if i want

Advertisement
Advertisement
Between the GameDay turnout and the atmosphere at the game, all you (and yes, that's some of you) fan base police can suck it.

Can’t messages be hung on the towers? Wouldn’t have to comply with the rules, no?

Probably needs to be timed to the broadcast itself.

I would imagine that UM will have some campus security guards equipped with binoculars and walkies, and then they probably call an RA on duty with the floor number and location of any offensive sign.

Advertisement
S2yBqYo.jpg

Most scenic looking Gameday I've ever seen.

Let's think about a couple of things.

First, they are planning to tear down the Towers. Heresy. Gut them and renovate, those are iconic buildings.

Second, that lake is where our ORIGINAL football stadium was supposed to be (per the original master plan for Coral Gables and UM, and before we sold the dirt to pay for the Merrick Building construction).

****, I love my campus.

The towers were outdated five years after they were completed, and they aren't iconic pieces of architecture. They are mere dorm towers that look like something built in the eighties(which they were). Maybe it's because I was fortunate enough to never live in the towers(I was assigned to Pearson as a freshman(rm 711 STAND UP), and moved to Mahoney my second year), but I understand why those towers are being replaced. The proposed replacement actually fit what campus should look like, and they will provide a superior housing experience to the towers.

Some things have to change, and if they could build a new, improved UC, then the dorms can get replaced too. I can't wait until they finally update Cox, that place has been a hellhole for **** near ever.

Advertisement
Everyone needs to remember that crutes and the families are watching.

That is all.

High school kids, unless they are at a recruiting event right now aren't even up for the most part. People overrate how much stuff like Gameday matters to recruits, they care more about what will happen tonight.

Advertisement
Back