Gameday is a joke

Advertisement
Advertisement
They're in the business of creating drama. As soon as that's accepted, you see it's actually not that different than fake wrestling.
Scripted to the tee as well. They sit in their meetings and have a script. Ok Des you're going to take this side. Herbie you give the opposite point. Pollack, you hammer anyone not in the SEC. Perfect Corso, just don't pee yourself. K excellent. Have a great show

All of a sudden they want to whine about where all this money is coming from with coaches and other programs when the last 15 years the SEC etc are spending funny money. Now we need a governing body to control it since others have entered the race? GTFOH

Yep, Saban could have a 100 consultants on staff and no one had a problem ....

Theyre scared.

Real talk: as we've just seen w USC and Miami, if these large market schools want to spend, they can spend at an absurd level.

There is a discernible difference between being broke and being cheap.

These hillbilly schools wouldn't be able to keep up in a real spending arms race. USC and UM have some of the richest alumni bases in the country. They just choose not to tap into it.

If USC went to George Lucas right now and asked for a 100 million dollar check for athletics, hed cut it.

CA has over 150 billionaires. Florida and Texas have 50 something. Places like South Carolina and Bama have 0.

If money isn't an issue, the larger markets (if they desire), just like in pro sports, will feast.

On my way home from work last night here in Bama I was listening to sports radio and heard that Saban is getting an extension worth 11.5 a year. I didnt get a chance to watch Game day as I usually cant stomach it especially with that butt clown david pollack on their but out of curiosity did they mention that huge extension for Saban? Also Miami is a pvt school so what should it matter how much we spend?? If you have it spend yet you have state funded schools spending that kind of cabbage on coaches and its all good. I completely understand you get what you pay for and have no issues at all with any and all universities spend whatever they want on a coach my issue is it is never a broad sweep of the brush when addressing the issues they pick and choose. If you want to have the discussion about football coaches getting paid too much fine but understand ( they are to stupid to do so) the market dictates the price.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
can a "news" organization that has a $300M contract to televise $ec football and men's bball be counted on to fairly report on non-$ec schools?

Aight, I gotta chime in b/c The OP is misleading af.

1. What they said is absolutely correct; the coaching carousel was way outta hand, & these coaching contracts are even more egregious. Dez said (in gist), he doesn’t understand how these ADs say they don’t have the funds to pay kids, yet they have tons of dead money, along w/ getting $$ to pay these absurd HC contracts, so where’s the $ coming from?

2. They didn’t even mention Miami’s hire; they talked SC, OU, LSU, & ND. Lol

3. The next point was this Early NSD has caused coaches to bail on kids before the season is over, which have also led kids to bail b/c there’s no leadership involved, so that needs to be remedied (Cristobal agrees)

4. It was also suggested that maybe there needs to be a players union involved to balance the scales which led to the conclusion of

5. CFB is hiding behind the ruse of amateurism, and Covid exposed a lot of chit, when it’s becoming/is a professional enterprise

Ya’ll seriously gotta stop thinking everything is about us. Lol. Btw, The ACCN is also owned by ESPN. Lol.

Last edited:

1. What they said is absolutely correct; the coaching carousel was way outta hand, & these coaching contracts are even more egregious. Dez said (in gist), he doesn’t understand how these ADs say they don’t have the funds to pay kids, yet they have tons of dead money, along w/ getting $$ to pay these absurd HC contracts, so where’s the $ coming from?

3. The next point was this Early NSD has caused coaches to bail on kids before the season is over, which have also led kids to bail b/c there’s no leadership involved, so that needs to be remedied (Cristobal agrees)

4. It was also suggested that maybe there needs to be a players union involved to balance the scales which led to the conclusion of

5. CFB is hiding the rouse of amateurism, and Covid exposed a lot of chit, when it’s becoming/is a professional enterprise

Ya’ll seriously gotta stop thinking everything is about us. Lol. Btw, The ACCN is also owned by ESPN. Lol.
No where in my post did I mention UM. I did mention non-$EC schools. Schools like USC, OU (presently) and ND. My point remains: ESPN cannot be trusted on to report on non-$EC schools due to its hopeless conflict of interest.

5. CFB is hiding the ruse of amateurism, and Covid exposed a lot of chit, when it’s becoming/is a professional enterprise

Glad I hit “view new messages”. I was in the middle of writing something similar

Advertisement
Back