Game #3 - Bethune Cookman Captains

Don't know what the liability side would be.. but if doable, missed opportunity for a cool community event. Could even celebrate heritage or HBCU's.. Make Friday a holiday on school calendar.

Excellent idea.

Been saying if we're gonna play Division I-AA teams (and there's nothing wrong with one such game a season), let it be Bethune-Cookman or FAMU. No reason to write those checks for $500,000 (or whatever the amount) to any other schools.

It could become a great annual event, maybe even set it for the second Thursday every September.

Like LAMP said, make it a salute to HBCU's.

Celebrate South Florida's black culture, which has long been connected with football excellence. Lord knows we'd be something like Temple without it.

Make it a big **** deal. Food festival, concert, all that.

Build UM's relationships with BCU and FAMU while UF and FSU give money to the McNeese States and North Alabamas that nobody in FL gives a **** about

Advertisement
Go to the game tonight or I will steal everyone's beer and cars

Once you steal the beer, you're gonna forget about the cars

homer simpson dancing GIF

Excellent idea.

Been saying if we're gonna play Division I-AA teams (and there's nothing wrong with one such game a season), let it be Bethune-Cookman or FAMU. No reason to write those checks for $500,000 (or whatever the amount) to any other schools.

It could become a great annual event, maybe even set it for the second Thursday every September.

Celebrate South Florida's black culture, which has long been connected with football excellence. Lord knows we'd be something like Temple without it.

Build UM's relationships with BCU and FAMU while UF and FSU give money to the McNeese States and North Alabamas that nobody in FL gives a **** about
My exact sentiments. Good cause. Good optics. Good fun... and would further connect UM to community & kids.. which is never a bad thing.

Advertisement
Tickets are literally $1 online so I hope some people actually show up to this game. UM should be giving out fkn 35,000 tickets to the community and Dade/Broward Public schools.
The tickets are a **** dollar. Miss me with “Miami should make them free” crap, they **** near are free. Miami is actually losing money on those tickets because certain taxes have to be paid regardless.

The tickets are a **** dollar. Miss me with “Miami should make them free” crap, they **** near are free. Miami is actually losing money on those tickets because certain taxes have to be paid regardless.
I legit would be shocked if there are 30,000 people tonight. It’s a shame coming off a good game but a Thursday game against Bethune is a recipe for disaster. Wish the GT game was a Thursday and this a Saturday night game.

Hope I am wrong but plan for Twitter screenshots because this is going to look bad. But I will be there +7 others as usual.

Couch’s INT could be easily dismissed as an “end of game desperation throw”. However, it was one of the most impressive turn and track pick’s we’ve seen in a long time, from a guy most people left for dead, at a time in the game that it shouldn’t have mattered.

I’ve watched it probably five times, nobody told Te’Cory the game was over. He was playing for minutes in the future.
What he lacks in physical skills, he makes up with heart.

Had a couple tell me its a school nite.. We dont usually play bethune type on thurs type game.. plus its supposed to rain around kickoff.. not a good look..

Advertisement
Excellent idea.

Good idea honestly.

Maybe… also throw FIU in there once every several years? *ducks*

Honestly that pick was very clutch.

If aggies score on that possession its literally a one possession game. Now you're depending on recovering the onside kick and defending a hail Mary.

While very unlikely, we can't pretend it hasn't happened before in football. So I'm really glad he closed that game out and we avoided that scenario from possibly unfolding.

The gm felt over bc of the Kam injury, but it wasn't yet.
I concur. We had a very nice win, but the vibe here is that it was never in doubt - and that is not exactly accurate...

I concur. We had a very nice win, but the vibe here is that it was never in doubt - and that is not exactly accurate...

I re-watched the game and it was in doubt all the way until 2:37 left in the 4th quarter when George caught a very difficult throw on 3rd and 8 for a first down then broke a tackle to score a TD. It was a one score game until then and they would have gotten the ball back without that clutch play.
After we finally got up on them, they didn't give up, they kept coming.

A&M is a VERY GOOD team. I can't wait to see them punish some SEC teams this year.

Advertisement
Excellent idea.

When I was at UCF, the football team still played in the Citrus Bowl. One year they had the FAMU/BCC game almost immediately after a UCF early game. My friends and I hung out at the tailgates after the UCF game ended and had a great time with a lot of the HBCU alums. It was a great scene.

Not sure if its been mentioned but Brandon Washington is their OL coach. Cool to see he's still on the grind. Believe he was at Florida Memorial with Ice a few years ago.

Advertisement
This is insane. There may be 7,000 people here right now.

@The U is back to work , what was the real audience at peak? TVD and Mario thanked the crowd said they were happy to see so many fans out there supporting them on a Thursday night (unsaid was how bad the opponent was). They're really trying to generate buzz about going to games and making Hard Rock "their house".

Advertisement
Back