Game #3 - Bethune Cookman Captains

Advertisement
Well deserved after how these 4 played last week. Flagg was very good. We can finally appreciate him now that he isn’t asked to be a starting MLB.
I’ve had a clean slate mentality with guys like Flagg, Couch, everyone actually

Was cool to see Couch knock down a few passes at the end of the game and seal it with a really nice INT

Advertisement

Was cool to see Couch knock down a few passes at the end of the game and seal it with a really nice INT
I like Couch’s cover skills.. Where he seems to struggle is with tackling. His angles were not great a few times and he was beat after the catch. But he keeps fighting. He will likely lead us in PBU.

I like Couch’s cover skills.. Where he seems to struggle is with tackling. His angles were not great a few times and he was beat after the catch. But he keeps fighting. He will likely lead us in PBU.
He keeps grinding which is all you can ask. He is a willing tackler just takes bad angles at times. That being said he is helping us and really happy for him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mauigoa was a step off all night. Flagg was ready.

Both had ups and downs. Mauigoa played stout on many snaps. Flagg had a great TFL through two defenders. But I saw busted plays too. Flagg in coverage is still a liability. In the box he played his best game yet. But Kiko, while growing as an LB still, is the better player.

Advertisement

Couch’s INT could be easily dismissed as an “end of game desperation throw”. However, it was one of the most impressive turn and track pick’s we’ve seen in a long time, from a guy most people left for dead, at a time in the game that it shouldn’t have mattered.

I’ve watched it probably five times, nobody told Te’Cory the game was over. He was playing for minutes in the future.

Couch’s INT could be easily dismissed as an “end of game desperation throw”. However, it was one of the most impressive turn and track pick’s we’ve seen in a long time, from a guy most people left for dead, at a time in the game that it shouldn’t have mattered.

I’ve watched it probably five times, nobody told Te’Cory the game was over. He was playing for minutes in the future.
Letting them score at the end of the game would’ve taken a little momentum from the game overall and made it look like the game was closer than it actually was. Couch’s pick sent the team off with a lot of momentum and sealed the deal.

Advertisement
Back