game 1 vs the crocs tonight

Advertisement
Two programs heading in the opposite direction.

I don't think we will ever win again against UF. (what have wee lost, 20, 25 straight to them?) We need some younger energy on staff. The game has passed by ours, looks like.

Of course, hope wins out over reality tonight and I will root hard for the Canes.

Go Canes!

We beat them in 2010. Florida has already lost so they are not unbeatable. We just need to keep up the offensive production, reduce the errors, and hope our relief pitching comes around. I am pretty sure we take at least one game, if not the series.

2 out of 3 but our ******* fielding destroyed us. We can beat this team.

Advertisement

I don't think we will ever win again against UF. (what have wee lost, 20, 25 straight to them?) We need some younger energy on staff. The game has passed by ours, looks like.

Of course, hope wins out over reality tonight and I will root hard for the Canes.

Go Canes!

We beat them in 2010. Florida has already lost so they are not unbeatable. We just need to keep up the offensive production, reduce the errors, and hope our relief pitching comes around. I am pretty sure we take at least one game, if not the series.

we can beat them.......if we dont beat ourselves

tomorrow night is last years 9th overall pick.....karsten whitson against whaley

the misplayed ball by santos in center.......the infield hits on bunts.....and the ****ed up run down killed us in this game

Go Canes!

tomorrow night is last years 9th overall pick.....karsten whitson against whaley

So the 9th overall pick is still pitching in college and we lose Devoss who got drafted in the 3rd round after playing 2 seasons. What gives?

Advertisement
Just saw this about Maddox.

Austin Maddox this year: 1-0, three saves. 12 IP, 6 H, 0 BB, 0 R, 16 K.

My god.

update for tomorrow

brian johnson who came in to play 1st when maddox went to the mound.....will start tomorrow and whitson will be moved to sunday

Go Canes!

So the 9th overall pick is still pitching in college and we lose Devoss who got drafted in the 3rd round after playing 2 seasons. What gives?
whitson was in HS and almost had a deal for 1.9mil done....and it fell apart at the last minute

zeke wasnt coming right out of HS

Advertisement
i wonder how much not having rony in the lineup protecting obrien played a role in him being 0-5 tonight

i also have to wonder why without rony.....and broad being as hot as hes been.....that he wasnt hitting 4th

and why the **** was carey not in center tonight the way he would normally be?

Go Canes!

whitson was in HS and almost had a deal for 1.9mil done....and it fell apart at the last minute

zeke wasnt coming right out of HS

We NEVER get those "deal fell apart at the last minute" first round picks out of highschool. We get the guys who get drafted in the 32nd round.

Maddox is no joke. Great game.

The UM pitching staff did shut down Tucker which is tough to do

Advertisement
Not going anywhere with a combo of poor defense and lack of power. The latter is what it is but the defensive miscues are demoralizing.

Not going anywhere with a combo of poor defense and lack of power. The latter is what it is but the defensive miscues are demoralizing.

Didn't we have 2 HR's and a few doubles last night, as well as one lasered off the outfielder's glove (none of which were from our notable power guy, Obrien)? I agree with you on the defensive part but I think our offense should put up enough this year to do well. We also look to have the pitching in place...it's the defense against the small ball teams that will likely do us in. We were still in this game until all was said and done, and UF is a **** good team with **** good pitching and we put up 5 runs which is not bad and if not for a few defensive mishaps would have been enough to win.

Didn't we have 2 HR's and a few doubles last night, as well as one lasered off the outfielder's glove (none of which were from our notable power guy, Obrien)? I agree with you on the defensive part but I think our offense should put up enough this year to do well. We also look to have the pitching in place...it's the defense against the small ball teams that will likely do us in. We were still in this game until all was said and done, and UF is a **** good team with **** good pitching and we put up 5 runs which is not bad and if not for a few defensive mishaps would have been enough to win.

Most of this. Our bats were alive, but we just couldnt push runners across the plate. We left 7 men on base last night, and most were in scoring position. I really cant fault our offense and expect them to score 8 or 9 against the number 1 team every night. Dont forget, we had no Rony last night and O'Brien went 0'fer which I dont expect to see again.

Pitching did above average last night. EE was pretty well, but he only had 3 strikeouts. With our defense, we need to keep balls out of play and just strike folks out. Diaz did really well but Morris left him in one batter too long. I really question Salas coming in.

Defense was just bad. The error in the outfield was unacceptable. Our infield defense was just horrible. From fielding bunts or turning DP's or just plain fielding in general, we could not do the basics and it cost us the game.

Once again, I still think we win tonight but Sunday will be tough against Whitson. Not sure which Rad we will see.

Advertisement
Back