Gamblers- Week 4

Had a nice win with Bears -4 to cap a perfect NFL weekend.

Moving on to week 4 some lines to discuss and keep an eye on:

Miami -26.5 vs. FIU.I was really hoping it was going to be 23.4/24 range. But with JJ banged up and Big Play Knowles probably out there as well as our tendency to play down, I’m just not sure we win by 4 TDs.

Mich State -4.5 @ Indiana. I’m waiting for Sparty to get it together. I think they figure it out and win by at least a TD.

NIU +10 @ FSU. It’s comical at this point. Will FSU even score 10? NIU ML might be a play for a low risk/high reward.

Clemson -17 @ GT. GT’s defense looked awful against USF. I see Clemson in a blow out here.

ND -7.5 @ Wake. I’d buy the .5 point here just to be sure.

Rutgers +6 vs Buffalo. No P5 team has any business losing to Buffalo at home. I see Rutgers willing themselves to a close victory. Possible ML play as well.

Advertisement
Broke even this past weekend, I was on a bit of a hot streak so I'm glad it wasn't a losing week that brought me back to earth.

3-Team 10pt Teaser (-120)
- Canes (-16.5)
- Georgia (-4.5) @ Mizzou
- UCF (-3.5) vs FAU

Clemson (-17) @ GT - Agree with you here, good call

Louisville (+5) @ Virginia - I think that UVA is a bit overrated

Tennessee (+4.5) vs Florida - UF is pretty good this year, but I can't say no to a 4.5pt home dog

Last edited:
Had a nice win with Bears -4 to cap a perfect NFL weekend.

Moving on to week 4 some lines to discuss and keep an eye on:

Miami -26.5 vs. FIU.I was really hoping it was going to be 23.4/24 range. But with JJ banged up and Big Play Knowles probably out there as well as our tendency to play down, I’m just not sure we win by 4 TDs.

Mich State -4.5 @ Indiana. I’m waiting for Sparty to get it together. I think they figure it out and win by at least a TD.

NIU +10 @ FSU. It’s comical at this point. Will FSU even score 10? NIU ML might be a play for a low risk/high reward.

Clemson -17 @ GT. GT’s defense looked awful against USF. I see Clemson in a blow out here.

ND -7.5 @ Wake. I’d buy the .5 point here just to be sure.

Rutgers +6 vs Buffalo. No P5 team has any business losing to Buffalo at home. I see Rutgers willing themselves to a close victory. Possible ML play as well.
Buffalo has a real nice squad. 3-0 ATS and SU. Good qb, pro WR, and a few talented guys on defense. I'll take them outright over Rutgers. Sits stinks.

Advertisement
Venerables has had no problem shutting down the GaTech triple option, holding them under 200 yards the past two seasons, but Tech has managed a garbage time TD both years to keep the final score deficit under three TDs (19 points in 2016, and 14 points in 2017).

We will be on the opposite ends of that Buffalo game.

Tyree Jackson is a legit NFL prospect and I like Leipold as a coach. Im in over Rutgers because Rutgers is going to be historically bad this year.

Would lay the two TDs with UCF over FAU. They got whomped on the road at Okie. UCF deserves their ranking. 3 tds

Would take the points with Wash St. USC will get bet for their name. They've looked awful. Think WS wins outright.

Will take Minny over Maryland. Obviously, I don't think USC is any good, so the Maryland win gets downgraded. You can't look that bad against Temple. Temple.

Advertisement
Broke even this past weekend, I was on a bit of a hot streak so I'm glad it wasn't a losing week that brought me back to earth.

- Canes (-16.5)
- UCF (-3.5) vs FAU

Tennessee (+4.5) vs Florida - UF is pretty good this year, but I can't say no to a 4.5pt home dog
I like UVA not that it matters. The Ville doesnt have a QB

CLEMSON -16.5 @ GT
ND -7.5 @ WF
TCU -3 @ Texas
N TEXAS -12.5 @ Liberty
UGA -14 @ Mizzou

Pros:
KANSAS CITY -6.5 vs San Fran
MIA -3 vs Oak
NE -7 @ Detriot
LA RAMS -7 vs La Chargers

Last edited:
Texas am good bet saw where troy has covered the spread last 10 games.something like that.chiefs are hot but hard to give 7 or more points in the pros.Utah will cover.

Advertisement
UGA is (-14.5) @ Mizzou. May have been a typo but that's a big jump. I'm still leaning UGA bc Mizzou D is terrible. They gave up 37 to Purdue last week.

- Canes (-16.5)
- UCF (-3.5) vs FAU

Congrats, Capt! That's awesome.

I couldn't believe that Bama/Ole Miss over lost! I was heavy on that and was already counting the money at half time. Then I missed a huge TCU-under/Wash-under/SDST-over teaser by 1.5pts on the TCU/OSU total score. Two painful beats that would have made for a great weekend on my end. Time to rebound!

As I've mentioned, I don't generally bet on Canes games. I'm just going to watch and stay away from this one.

100% agree with you re Sparty. I think this is their rebound week and they cover easily.

I actually think the same may be true for FSU. I know I know, they've looked like absolute dogsh-t, but their talent could click any weekend and if it does they could run away from a team like NIU in Doak. And yes, I watched the Sanford game. I won't be betting them -10, but I did take them in a big chalk parlay.

ND @ Wake scares me. Wake likely to have their QB back and ND has not been impressive since their opener. They should have lost vs Vandy. I'm not betting Wake, but I'm staying away from the Irish.

I like the Mean Green over Liberty bet a lot!

I wanted to bet the FAU/UCF over, but 77 is just too much for me. I think Vegas set that line really well.

Re A&M+28, that's a lot of points but I simply cannot bet against Bama right now. They are firing on every cylinder. Have you seen Tua's 3rd down stats?!? Good lord!!

On the NFL side... my buddy told me Jags opened at -1, but my book has not posted a line yet. If so, man, I would POUND THAT!! I'll be taking them heavy if the line is anything from -3 down.

I think I like the Rams too, even giving 7 as they look downright unstoppable right now. I'll be light on it though as I hate big lines in NFL games.

Thanks for the thoughts, everyone. I love this weekly thread!

UGA is (-14.5) @ Mizzou. May have been a typo but that's a big jump. I'm still leaning UGA bc Mizzou D is terrible. They gave up 37 to Purdue last week.

I have them in a 3-team 10pt teaser I mentioned. Hence, it is a -4.5 line for me.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back