Gainesville Sports Radio

I think they should have kept Mushump around a little longer. He was just about to get that thing turned around.

Al Golden is undefeated against the gators.

Seriously? Muscamp had a virtually identical record to Shannon and golden despite taking over a far better situation than either of them did. Muschamp took over for Urban Meyer who won 2 national titles and by year 3 Muscamp was 4-8. The SEC East division was pretty weak in Muschamp's tenure too, no better than the ACC. I think Muschamp is an even worse coach than any of Miami's recent coaches. No matter how awful they both were, Shannon and golden never lost to a Ga Southern type opponent. How Muschamp got the SCAR job is mind boggling.

Well if not Muschump, at least they could have brought back Ron Zook. Boy could that guy recruit!

I thought you were actually being serious that they should have kept muschamp. Muschamp is a worse coach than golden who is worse than Shannon who is worse than Coker. I was thinking wtf? Is some moronic S.Car administrator on this site?

Advertisement
Al folden beat the gators lol

Lmao legit next time any Gator fan says a dam thing. Ima just be like, pleaseee...yall couldnt even beat us when we had Al Folden...

I have seen some of the most arrogant and actually ignorant comments on some of the Gator boards in reference to the 2019 Miami/UF game to be held in Orlando. Some of the comments were "this brings down our SOS", "why bother playing them as they are irrelevant", "they will never vie for the NC with Richt", etc. etc.

I reminded them that since 1978, UF & Miami have played 16 games with Miami winning 12 & UF winning 4 & that we even beat them in 2013 with Al Golden as coach which was the equivalent of having no coach at all. Also inquired as to how many times Coach Mac had been in NC competition as a head coach. They are beginning to become a bit disenchanted with Coach Mac's recruiting ability and there were a couple of comments as "we only got 4 top players from state of FL, FSU got 8 and even that dump Miami got 10".

McElwain easily could have been 8-6 with losses to Vandy and FAU in year 1. He would have lost to FAU if it weren't for awful officiating in OT and possibly regulation. Not sold on him yet.

Advertisement
McElwain easily could have been 8-6 with losses to Vandy and FAU in year 1. He would have lost to FAU if it weren't for awful officiating in OT and possibly regulation. Not sold on him yet.

Don't forget the Tennessee meltdown

They beat a Georgia team that wasn't being run by Mark Richt. That administration tied his hands, and the UM administration has taken the handcuffs off. For all the UM administration has done WRONG the last, well, forever... they are making it right with Richt.

Those Gators are full of wishful thinking, period. They want to believe we will fail, because they are our competition. They want to believe we are a 7 win program, but it's simply not true. It took a lot of TERRIBLE game day coaching for us to win only 8 games last year. Now we get a coach that has averaged darn near 10 wins a year, put him in complete control of his alma mater, and he's going to be calling plays and coaching one of the best QBs in all of football, but they say we are a 7 win program? That reeks of wishful thinking.

I get they handled Georgia lately, but Georgia was its own worst enemy, not the Gators. Also, Richt NEVER got to run to O he wanted to run at Georgia due to the SEC officials slowing down the game. Do you think the ACC is going to do that? I sure don't. They didn't slow him down when he was destroying everyone in the ACC the first time around, and I don't see them doing it now.

Everyone in the country outside of pigville knows Richt was a home run hire. They are simply hoping it is not.
Also realistically why would the Gators be afraid of Mark Richt when they beat him more often than not? Didn't UF basically own UGA for the past 10 years?

Dude the Gators owned Richt and every other UGA coach since 1990. Don't make excuses for UGA.

Richt got a couple of wins vs Muschamp though.

Advertisement
Back