Gage Gaynor

What’s his competition looking like for any in the know?

Just checked out his Hudl, and it looks like he fires off and tries to punish those across from him. However, he’s 6-3 266 and some site have him at 6-2 220???? Anyways, the comp looked real suspect, but his aggression was at least there.

Either way, I’ll be glad when we get a fully competent staff that will stop fcking up recruiting. We are just shooting in the dark at this point.

I was so busy laughing at the fact he put his GPA and SAT score. I didn't read the part that said "senior year highlights" and from looking at the other kids I figured the first few min where just his middle school high lights. When the kids didn't get any bigger as the video went on I realized my mistake.

Advertisement
I know one thing...I think that's some pretty **** good interior line tape against decent competition. Kid fires off the ball and gets to the 2nd level. Packs a punch and plays mean...Tape is similar to Corey's, who has been decent but not great at UM, he and Scaiffe had their moments the rest of the line were awful. Like Corey he will also have to control that aggression or he will draw flags (Corey hasn't had that problem at UM after a very aggressive tape showed him playing all the way through the whistle too)

Kid is probably a center here, but may be able to play guard as well, basically taking Antonio Smith's spot. I liked Smith as well, but I don't mind Gaynor. I think he's a take, although I am admittedly no OL expert.

Gogeta and Paranos seem to focus on OL...Any thoughts guys? I like the kid. In all fairness I remember him being listed at 225 as recently as junior year so he obviously hit a growth spurt. In last 2 days I've seen him listed at 266-275-284

Last edited:
Looks like this is who coach Barry is down to to finish the OL class.Cousin of Corey Gaynor,he's a guard.

Hopefully it's not to "finish"

Gaynor, hopefully Dolcine too...AND a portal tackle

I still hate Barry because these players should have BEEN evaluated. But I don't mind Gaynor or Dolcine's tape at all and think both are needed at UM.

Advertisement
Take 5 OL every year and do it until we have 9-10 guys that are serviceable. Just my opinion.

Take Gaynor and 2 more plus a grad transfer

Barry fall from grace has been swiftly, The performance this year could be explained by: Enos scheme + 1st year starting QB + Shaky quality of the OL players, can be A LOT to a coach to overcome in his first year at a program, but his recruiting has been ABYSMAL, he is like 1/10 in targets where he went agaisnt real competition, I think we are by far Washington better offer so I'm not really counting him.

He and Enos must go.

Advertisement
Take 5 OL every year and do it until we have 9-10 guys that are serviceable. Just my opinion.

Take Gaynor and 2 more plus a grad transfer

I like your style...I think it's gonna be Gaynor, 1 more, and then portal. At least that's the minimum...And that portal can't be Tommy Kennedy. Has to be a starting tackle, someone who can beat out Nelson unless Nelson takes a huge leap this year.

Just checked out his Hudl, and it looks like he fires off and tries to punish those across from him. However, he’s 6-3 266 and some site have him at 6-2 220???? Anyways, the comp looked real suspect, but his aggression was at least there.

Either way, I’ll be glad when we get a fully competent staff that will stop fcking up recruiting. We are just shooting in the dark at this point.

Tape is **** good...That 220 was from either last year or year before...Have seen 266, 275, 284 from 3 different sources and he looks like a big strong kid on that tape.

Last edited:
Advertisement

He plays the worst comp in the county/south florida.

But his brother did as well and isnt half bad for us at center. Their are better guys to be had...but effort may be needed for those guys...and he may be low hanging fruit/easy pull.

OL is a very tricky position to evaluate...And I trust what gogeta says about the comp, although it doesn't look terrible to me on tape. It looks as good or better than small school dade, like for instance some of the Champagnat kids highlights.

But some of you can't watch this tape and not be impressed, this kid moves well and is destroying people out there. When you check in at 220 (I believe that was early junior year) you aren't going to get a lot of attention.

I'm no OL expert, and I've been calling for Barry's head every other post on here...But I like Gaynor and hope we take him.

Advertisement
He plays the worst comp in the county/south florida.

But his brother did as well and isnt half bad for us at center. Their are better guys to be had...but effort may be needed for those guys...and he may be low hanging fruit/easy pull.

Gogeta, were you high on Martinez? There was someone on this board who wasn't overly impressed in a camp setting. I know you were so/so on Denis. I like Denis better than Martinez on tape.

Gogeta, were you high on Martinez? There was someone on this board who wasn't overly impressed in a camp setting. I know you were so/so on Denis. I like Denis better than Martinez on tape.

St Thomas ol from a technique wise are very well coached. They also go against great competition. I like Martinez more than Denis.

Looks like this is who coach Barry is down to to finish the OL class.Cousin of Corey Gaynor,he's a guard.

I watched every MSD home game for the last 2 seasons and Gage is not even remotely close to UM material. I don't even think he has any other offers. MSD plays in a very weak district. I would say watch his tape vs Plantation and Miami High, and you'll see how weak he really is. Agains those 2 schools he got worked hard. This is obviously a family package deal at play here with his Cousin and family pushing hard. Preferred walk on yes. Scholarship O lineman? Hard pass. Get rid of Barry

Advertisement
Back