Gaby just CBd another WR portal guy here

Advertisement
He's had the drops too. Clemson fans would routinely talk about how he'd make difficult catches you wouldn't expect but drop the easy ones.
He did that exact thing against Miami in 2020 if I recall. Lawrence dropped a dime on him with a deep pass, he got behind the secondary and dropped it. But then he caught a pretty tough pass, maybe even for a touchdown later on in the game.

Ladson would bring a different skill set to our WR room with his height/length/speed combination. I'm fully on board with bringing him in to compete with our current WR group and see if he can live up to his big time potential here.

Health and consistency are the obvious question marks, but the sky could be the limit for Ladson here if he can stay healthy. He didn't clown UM or string the program along in his recruitment either from what I can recall, so giving him a shot to revive his career here seems mutually beneficial.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't understand the link to bad QB play and drops. If the ball is there, you catch it. Doesn't matter who the QB is.
Its about them not believing they'll have great chances later on so they overcompensate to do more rather then the little. It's dumb at the core because the easiest thing to do in Football has catch the ball especially Wrs who've caught literally hundreds and sometimes thousands of balls but it always is

No negative in bringing him in. Stack talent. I still think Keyshawn is #1 target next year.
Agree. Ladsen is a big body receiver that we don't have. He can get 4-6 catches per game and be really productive.

I could see him in all kinds of play calling situations. He helps create matchup problems. I could see a set with Mallory, Arroyo, and Ladsen all on the field at the same time. All bigs, ready to bully DBs when needed.

All of a sudden Miami is too good for a 2019 5 star recruit from its backyard? We would have all killed for him 2 years ago. But because we have George, X, brinson and Smith we are set? none of those guys have been a number 1 or even a number 2 receiver for Miami to know how they will produce against the other team’s best corners and double coverage.
Ladson was a 5 star because he possessed superior athletic gifts, like all 5 stars. Not just production in high school, but production plus something athletically freaky that even 4 stars often lack; size, speed, strength, height, etc. We need as many of these athletic freaks as we can assemble on a roster as possible. That is what Bama does now, and what a private school in Coral Gables did 20 years ago when we had a bunch of super athletic freaks, if not 5 stars;
ST
Wilfork
Winslow
McGahee
McDougle
DJ
Shockey
Andre
Santana
Roscoe Parrish
Frank Gore before the knee injuries
Mt. McKinney
Edge
Bubba Franks
dan Morgan

Bring in Larson and don’t even think twice

Advertisement
All of a sudden Miami is too good for a 2019 5 star recruit from its backyard? We would have all killed for him 2 years ago. But because we have George, X, brinson and Smith we are set? none of those guys have been a number 1 or even a number 2 receiver for Miami to know how they will produce against the other team’s best corners and double coverage.
Ladson was a 5 star because he possessed superior athletic gifts, like all 5 stars. Not just production in high school, but production plus something athletically freaky that even 4 stars often lack; size, speed, strength, height, etc. We need as many of these athletic freaks as we can assemble on a roster as possible. That is what Bama does now, and what a private school in Coral Gables did 20 years ago when we had a bunch of super athletic freaks, if not 5 stars;
ST
Wilfork
Winslow
McGahee
McDougle
DJ
Shockey
Andre
Santana
Roscoe Parrish
Frank Gore before the knee injuries
Mt. McKinney
Edge
Bubba Franks
dan Morgan

Bring in Larson and don’t even think twice
This.

Lol at some of the guys who've been watching pope and Wiggins these last few years and don't want this kid!

Stack chips !

Ladson, XR7, Smith (both of them), Brinson, and George is the best WR room we've had in a very long time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1000% take. Need the competition and depth. Guarantee we have 2-3 transfers after spring ball with receivers.

Ladson, another portal WR and Coleman? Yes plz.

Advertisement
Back