Gabe Terry

AlexCane

Senior
Saw him on crutches and in a boot this morning.

/Sorry if this is well-known news, I wasn't aware of it.
//It's going to be a long offseason.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Anyone who hasn't read the Gabe Terry goon thread in the WEZ needs to find it.

Last edited:
I wonder if we get him to roid his wrestling brains out and turn him into a pass rushing DE. If that's the case, next year would be a good chance for a RS. If he was 6' 3" 210ish as a Freshman, and he takes a redshirt next year, he could be 6' 3" 245ish the next time he steps foot on the playing field as a RS Soph. He'd still have 3 years to play. Just sayin'.

/realize our LB depth is sketchy, but I think it's something to consider

I'm convinced this guy is the next Telvin Smith. Long frame, explosive player that needs experience at LB. I hope they find a way to use him next year. He and Eddie definitely have that mindset you want at LB. they are headhunters.

Advertisement
I wonder if we get him to roid his wrestling brains out and turn him into a pass rushing DE. If that's the case, next year would be a good chance for a RS. If he was 6' 3" 210ish as a Freshman, and he takes a redshirt next year, he could be 6' 3" 245ish the next time he steps foot on the playing field as a RS Soph. He'd still have 3 years to play. Just sayin'.

If we bring in Thomas, Grace, and Bond, we probably could redshirt him. Bond will play pretty much the same role, only more physically mature. Thomas is obviously going to get on the field. Plus we've got McCord and Hoilett to carry the load.

Go ahead and tell Zo he ain't playing next year

Ain't nobody dumb enough or with big enough balls to do that.

He broke his foot off in the butt of 62-year-old man for cutting in front of him in line.

And had to get his foot re-attached.

Trying not to be "that guy" but anyone who wrestled and played football knows it's a tough transition on short notice, especially when you go to states like Terry did. I wouldn't be surprised to see him blow up physically now that he is putting wrestling behind him.

Advertisement
LMAO at anyone telling Gabe Terry he is redshirting. If you're lucky you MIGHT leave the room alive, but in the long term you'd wish you were dead.

I'm fine with our depth at LB if EJ can get his head on straight.

OLB: Perryman, EJ, Paul, Armbrister, Cornelius, Thomas(?), Grace(?)
MLB: Gaines, Kirby, Blue

Its starting to look like what a Miami LBing core should look like, by '14 we should be set.

Advertisement

I understand what you're saying, but I feel like Golden and Co might feel he's too valuable on ST's to redshirt.

I understand what you're saying, but I feel like Golden and Co might feel he's too valuable on ST's to redshirt.

What he does on special teams should be able to be duplicated by a handful of guys next year. And, yes, he's really good on special teams, but this might get him a future career. He's got a legit frame and could leave here in 4 years as a 6' 3" 265 pound edge monster (former track guy!). Guess we'll see how his natural weight progresses. I believe he came in at 210+ after wrestling, track and without a full season of UTough. Could actually be 230+ next year. Was already being used on the edge.

What he does on special teams should be able to be duplicated by a handful of guys next year. And, yes, he's really good on special teams, but this might get him a future career. He's got a legit frame and could leave here in 4 years as a 6' 3" 265 pound edge monster (former track guy!). Guess we'll see how his natural weight progresses. I believe he came in at 210+ after wrestling, track and without a full season of UTough. Could actually be 230+ next year. Was already being used on the edge.

Seen him in person on a couple occasions and not sure he has frame for that. Kid is lean (I'd guess sub 6% - yet muscular [no homo]) and long. Honestly, he looks like a big safety right now. I think that his max potential weight and frame-wise is in the 230s.

EDIT: Obviously, just my opinion from having seen him. Maybe he turns into a Javon Nanton type, who went from a 170 lb safety in HS to a clean 240.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back