FYI Josh McNeil

Enough with the TEs already.

SO glad you don't work at Hecht:)

What he's trying to say is, blindly support the coach no matter what. And be a condescending **** to those that don't. :)

LOL!!! :)

I'm personally fine with us getting a ton of talented TE's on the roster, however. After watching what Gronk and Hernandez have done for the Pats offense the last couple of years. There's something to be said for heaving a wealth of guys that are too fast for LBs to stay with and too big for DBs to tackle.

Problem is that Kerr is not one of those guys. There will be a ton of slow footed 6'5 245lb TEs like him in January dreaming about Cane offers - if we miss on our other better TE prospects, we'll have our pick of the litter of guys with Kerr's skillset. Kerr should be offered THEN, if we still have room and we miss on our other prospects, not in June.

Is he really that slow footed? I don't know much about him, but in the youtube highlight video he appeared to be quick enough. Not elite speed by any means, but it's not like a guy like Gronk is a blazer either. It seems like he's got great hands and a ton of upside given that he just started playing football.

Advertisement
Hawaiicane has an unhealthy obsession with Kerr. From what many are saying he is a tackle prospect anyway.

Maybe the staff just likes Kerr and they see a role for him Hawaii. Not everyone we bring in is going to be a superstar. You can't win if you don't have a good blocking tight end in this scheme, for instance. If we found a guy we think can do that, then offer him as soon as possible. Period.

Hawaiicane has an unhealthy obsession with Kerr. From what many are saying he is a tackle prospect anyway.

lol. Nah. I am obsessed about roster balance and robbing Peter to pay Paul. Atrocious roster management by the previous two idiots led to punters filling in at WR for a spring and Shame Forest rejects and converted RBs playing big minutes at CB. Robbing OL to amass 80980808 TEs is stupid. OL is the most important unit on the team except for QB. If anything, we should OVERLOAD OL if we have to to ensure that we field the best 2-deep possible.

And yes, if Kerr is an OT prospect, then all my criticism is moot and irrelevant.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back