Future of the QB position

Anonymous274945958675743

Redshirt Freshman
Banned
So I don't know if this has been asked since Sitskowskis commitment but I'm curious of the comparison between the 2. Last year Perry was the future and I was frankly 100% sold on him as the future. But I'll be honest.... I've watched tape between the 2 and sure Richt says the best QB will play but if Perry starts this year does that slam the door on Art? I'll be honest I think I like Art and his potential more than Perry at the moment. I'll have to wait and see him against Florida HS competition but physically that dude is the HULK! Don't get me wrong I love Perry as well but man.... let's hope this turns into a real QB competition! I've been personally overlooking Malik/Evan at QB because I think they aren't "risks" like Allison Cade or Perry. But I've seen Richt as possibly overlooking them for the sake of our future. I can't wait till Fall Camp starts and see all this play out!! Man there's so much excitement around this program right now! It's UNREAL!!

Advertisement
The best man will win.

None of us know who the future is.

Everyone thought Kyle Wright was the future.

The future will be whoever is the best QB of all of them.

Advertisement
Best problem to have. Golden got some good players but he never stacked positions so every year a new hole opened up and still does. I think Richt is starting to show he is building depth with good talent for us finally. Think about it the last two classes plus if this one finishes like we all think, in potentially the top 5, that should be a playoff contending team.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Art will redshirt in 2018, then get PT in 2019/2020 depending on how Perry's career goes.

He'll be ready to be a starter as a RS-Soph or a RS-Junior.

Advertisement
When you have multiple talented QB's, leadership becomes a big factor.

This program has not had a viable QB competition in 15 years.

Soon we will have Jack Allison, NKosi Perry, Cade Weldon and Art Sitkowski on the roster at the same time.

The plan right now appears to be finding a starter amongst Weldon, Allison and Perry.

Is Weldon or Perry wins the job, I suspect Allison will leave.

If Allison leaves, Weldon and Perry play next year with no redshirt.

Art red shirts creating a two year gap.

I was watching some of Sit's camp highlights in shorts and he looks elite in terms of mobility and arm combo. No idea how he is mentally, which is a huge part of being QB, but athletically he has it all. This upcoming season at IMG will be big in determining what kind of ceiling he has.

Art will redshirt in 2018, then get PT in 2019/2020 depending on how Perry's career goes.

THIS...Art's stats show he's gonna need a year or 2 to learn the offense. Which is something every QB should have in the first place.

Advertisement

The same thing was posted about Kaaka and Cactus Jack.

Now that Kaaka is gone, Allison is in real danger of losing his preordained starting RS Fr job to two incoming Fr.

THIS...Art's stats show he's gonna need a year or 2 to learn the offense. Which is something every QB should have in the first place.

Thats complete bull****. He has another full season to improve his stats. His mechanics and physical tools are already a notch above Perry's. We will have to watch it play out. What if Art kills it this season?? Way too premature to come out with a blanket statement like that.

It'd be nice to get back to the days when each QB played a year or two and then the next guy took over.
Remember when we used to "reload?"

Same could be said for the RB rotation.

Advertisement
Art's the first QB in a long time that can sit and grow and play two like the old days. We could lose a couple of the guys competing in the spring especially Weldon if he doesn't get the job. Allison and Sheriff may conclude that they aren't starter material, sit and graduate.

So I don't know if this has been asked since Sitskowskis commitment but I'm curious of the comparison between the 2. Last year Perry was the future and I was frankly 100% sold on him as the future. But I'll be honest.... I've watched tape between the 2 and sure Richt says the best QB will play but if Perry starts this year does that slam the door on Art? I'll be honest I think I like Art and his potential more than Perry at the moment. I'll have to wait and see him against Florida HS competition but physically that dude is the HULK! Don't get me wrong I love Perry as well but man.... let's hope this turns into a real QB competition! I've been personally overlooking Malik/Evan at QB because I think they aren't "risks" like Allison Cade or Perry. But I've seen Richt as possibly overlooking them for the sake of our future. I can't wait till Fall Camp starts and see all this play out!! Man there's so much excitement around this program right now! It's UNREAL!!

AS has a lot of work to do. Both Perry or Weldon will both be almost ready to leave by the time big Art is ready. He reminds me so much of video I've seen of Testaverde. Big strong kid with a rocket launcher for an arm. Some mobility, but definitely a pocket passer. He's not going to see the field for 2-3 years. But when he does he is going to be special with all his physical attibutes. He could definitely be Testaverde like with time.

Championship teams stack highly-rated high school all stars 3-deep at EVERY position, including quarterbacks . Does that answer your question?

It's easy, and maybe fun, to speculate on the perceived skills and traits of these untested highschoolers and project who might play well, who might start, etc. I don't worry myself about it, because I know if we have a good talent pool to choose from, a starter and leader will emerge, especially if there is strong competition.

Bottom line, we have to make sure we have plenty of talent at the position. Enough to give the coaches a choice. They are accomplishing that. So I'm not worried about who starts whether if it's Perry or Alison or Rozier or whoever, as long as the coaches have good choices.

Advertisement
Back