Full circle?

RivercityCane

Banned
Banned
When I was a junior in high school, way back in 1993, I remember getting my heart absolutely ripped out (almost simultaneously) when Lamar got stripped in the sugar bowl against Alabama. We had been on top and bama was…well…

now we return to the scene….in the same spot against the same team. Bama has obviously been in top and we have been….well….

the universe is funny like that. I think we shock cfb, making just enough big plays to pull out a huge win and setting us back on a dominant run. What say y’all?

Advertisement
When I was a junior in high school, way back in 1993, I remember getting my heart absolutely ripped out (almost simultaneously) when Lamar got stripped in the sugar bowl against Alabama. We had been on top and bama was…well…

now we return to the scene….in the same spot against the same team. Bama has obviously been in top and we have been….well….

the universe is funny like that. I think we shock cfb, making just enough big plays to pull out a huge win and setting us back on a dominant run. What say y’all?
insert cocaine is a **** of a drug gif

Advertisement
Alabama was more than...well at that time. No they weren't the machine they were in the 70"s under Bear but they were better off then where we have been. We played them in the 89 Sugar Bowl for one of our titles and they were 11-1 in 91.

If were going to show that were ready to compete than this is the perfect time to do so. With a full offseason to iron out the offense and Manny back as DC with T-Rob. Barring any critical summer injuries this is our chance to get momentum for the rest of the year.

Bama was the up an 'comer in '93. They played a solid game and beat the pants off us. At the time a only couple pundits thought Bama would shock the world - but most did not. Tide did have a season of work to judge though....

I can certainly see some universal karma coming into play. 15-0!

Last edited:
Bama was the up an 'comer in '93. They played a solid game and beat the pants off us. At the time a couple pundits thought Bama would shock the world - but most did not. Tide did have a season of work to judge though....

I can certainly see some universal karma coming into play. 15-0!
Yeah that Bama team was NO SLOUCH!!! They had a lot of NFL talent on that roster. I still remember watching that game and I was like 12 years old and I still remember the shock of that game. I was EXPECTING a W. This time around not so much 😂🤣🤣😂🤣

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was in total shock when Teague chased Lamar down and took the **** ball. First time, I remember drinking after a Cane loss.

I remember where I was (condo in Vero) and what I was eating (McD’s double cheeseburger). I was traumatized by Teague and now Lamar is stuck here in Ky with me. Not sure either of us ever recovered from that play. Lol

Advertisement

Dream big. It can’t hurt.

But there’s no such thing as a “universe” that sets things right.

We either play and coach to our highest potential, or we get our asses handed to us.

It’s not that complicated.

The optimum combination of talent + coaching + determination determines the result.

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Maaan, you bring up bad memories OP haha. That's one of those things you remember exactly where you were and what you were doing.

In 1979 USC was the top program in college football. That year the Canes hired Howard Schnellenburger. At his introduction press meeting he was asked about his goals for the program. Without hesitation Howard said, "My goal is to turn the University of Miami into the USC of the east." That was met with some chuckles from the south Florida sports media.

Fast forward to 2001. The Canes were the premier program in college football. USC was struggling and hired a guy named Pete Carroll. At a USC alumni & boosters Meet & Greet in San Francisco Pete Carroll was asked about his vision for USC football. Without hesitation Pete Carroll said, "My goal is to turn USC into the Miami Hurricanes of the west."

Funny how things work out like this.

Advertisement
Back