Fuente interviewing for Baylor job

Advertisement
And he's gotten the best of Diaz's Defense twice since 2016.

He scored on us in 2016 when we went into that game with a MASH unit and the offense did nothing and the defense finally gave out.

Scored on us this year when Jarren essentially gave them the ball on our 30 like 4straight possessions.

He’s got one of the worst staffs in P5 football. And he’s a horrible recruiter.

Let an actual P5 coach come with a P5 staff, one that can actually keep kids home from the 757, and VT could get real good, real quick.

Advertisement
He scored on us in 2016 when we went into that game with a MASH unit and the offense did nothing and the defense finally gave out.

Scored on us this year when Jarren essentially gave them the ball on our 30 like 4straight possessions.

He’s got one of the worst staffs in P5 football. And he’s a horrible recruiter.

Let an actual P5 coach come with a P5 staff, one that can actually keep kids home from the 757, and VT could get real good, real quick.
I don't disagree that he's an average coach & shìt recruiter, but my point is even being as average as he is he has a leg up on Diaz as a HC.

If they did get a legit coach at Va Tech they would definitely be a problem, but they're already a problem for us as is with an average coach.

Hopefully if we ever get a legit coach we won't have to worry about whatever Va Tech is doing lol.

I’d much rather take my chances with him staying there than them potentially getting someone REAL in there and having a bigger influence on those 757 kids.
None of them kids come here anyway lol

Won't make much difference if he's there or not, that program just like Miami can't keep their best players at home with Oh St, Penn St, Bama, UGA, Clemson & the rest poaching all their local talent.

With Diaz as our HC the Va Tech game is no gimme W for us, it's not really about who they have as their HC & much more about who we have.

Advertisement
Should take Diaz out for a steak dinner for not only saving his job but getting a raise at either VT or Baylor

Good ole Miami making **** coaches look like world beaters and getting fat extensions

Had thought that they hired Gene but apparently not. Fuentes would ***** that program up just as he has Vag Tech. But with that said, Fuentes has owned us last year and still has some pieces there to play Manny well if not beat our **** again in 2020.

Something off with Fuente and VT. I think he is a good coach and that him leaving with another program paying a large lump sum might be a win win for him and VT. He has recruited horrifically and had 26 players enter portal last two years. just odd. Not sure who could replace him. Maybe get Clawson from Wake.

Advertisement
He's not a good coach. Id think Luke Fickle is at the top of the replacement list w/his ties to Babcock. That'd be a major upgrade for VT and bad news for us.

None of them kids come here anyway lol

Won't make much difference if he's there or not, that program just like Miami can't keep their best players at home with Oh St, Penn St, Bama, UGA, Clemson & the rest poaching all their local talent.

With Diaz as our HC the Va Tech game is no gimme W for us, it's not really about who they have as their HC & much more about who we have.

Diaz, Davis, Coker, Shannon, Golden. The game has never been a gimme since the mid 90's no matter who we have or who they have. Even at our best we were a 2pt conversion and a Reed pick away from going to OT with them. Been 20 years of back and forth with VT. It aint a Diaz thing.

VT is royally ****ed if Fuente leaves, there aren't really any good candidates left who would want to go to ******* Blacksburg.

Advertisement
Something off with Fuente and VT. I think he is a good coach and that him leaving with another program paying a large lump sum might be a win win for him and VT. He has recruited horrifically and had 26 players enter portal last two years. just odd. Not sure who could replace him. Maybe get Clawson from Wake.

Agreed. It never seemed like a good fit. He had a mishmash identity on both sides of the ball. Nothing to be scared of.

Fuente might think he could switch to Baylor and take advantage of their recent physicality on defense plus restore the offensive excellence.

But most likely Baylor will revert to cupcake status

Virginia Tech could hire someone brilliant or awful. I have no idea why we could be celebrating that. They are basically even with our talent level or just a smidge lower.

Advertisement
Back