Fuente interviewing for Baylor job

VT needs Rich Rodriguez on speed dial

For what? Rich Rod is cooked, he was pure garbage at Arizona. Whit Babcock isn't going to settle for some over the hill coach that has been run out of town in his last two jobs. I wouldn't be shocked if he went for a top end midmajor guy, he has those connections. He landed Fuente quite easily, and I think he could land another similar guy.

Advertisement
Agreed. It never seemed like a good fit. He had a mishmash identity on both sides of the ball. Nothing to be scared of.

Fuente might think he could switch to Baylor and take advantage of their recent physicality on defense plus restore the offensive excellence.

But most likely Baylor will revert to cupcake status

Virginia Tech could hire someone brilliant or awful. I have no idea why we could be celebrating that. They are basically even with our talent level or just a smidge lower.

You never want to be the guy that follows a legend. Say what you want about Beamer, he's a legend there and Fuente took a job in which he couldn't truly satisfy the fanbase. Unless Justin came in and starting winning titles, no one was ever going to truly accept him. The only man that could have come in and really succeeded was Bud Foster, but there's a reason why he has never shown an interest in being the HC.

Fuente probably realized that 1)VT has a ceiling in regards to being a national program and 2)Baylor is willing to pay more and they have the infrastructure in place to win RIGHT NOW. If Fuente comes in, wins big off the bat, he may be able to leverage that into a truly top end job. 2 years is all you need now, if you can find somewhere where you can win 10-11 games per year for two years, you'll be able to write your ticket.

I don't disagree that he's an average coach & shìt recruiter, but my point is even being as average as he is he has a leg up on Diaz as a HC.

If they did get a legit coach at Va Tech they would definitely be a problem, but they're already a problem for us as is with an average coach.

Hopefully if we ever get a legit coach we won't have to worry about whatever Va Tech is doing lol.

That's not saying much, a double amputee has a leg up on Diaz....

Advertisement
Back