Ft Lauderdale U14 Canes

I do coach in Tampa.

I watched the game vs the Maryland Heat & the Ravens. I know the leaders of both organizations.

To be fair about that game..the ravens lost and they don’t make excuses but they have is true 13U team & that Maryland team was a true 14U team. Those kids were much older on that Maryland team.
Right. I seen the video of the Ravens coach making no excuses and saying exactly what you are saying with the ages.

For what organization and ages do you coach.

Advertisement
Interesting note*

I coached maybe 2 or 3 starters on the ravens team previously at different ages.

The Maryland Team is coached by my former college teammate.

He was geekedfor this game because i always give him sh*t about our talent level. They were prepared. I heard they had a few older kids though...but that team he coaches Maryland Heat is loaded. Also that team Miami Central is playingout of Maryland may run it up on Central as well.
Those RBs Maryland have will be top recruits in a few years. Something that surprised me is that Miami team had a lot of beef on the oline and they look like they have been coached up also

Those RBs Maryland have will be top recruits in a few years. Something that surprised me is that Miami team had a lot of beef on the oline and they look like they have been coached up also

Yea their oline is pretty big for s.fla standards and they are more advanced than their peers down here.
Ravens are coached by former cane...ROD MACK

Right. I seen the video of the Ravens coach making no excuses and saying exactly what you are saying with the ages.

For what organization and ages do you coach.
Yeah they had 9th graders out there. I know one thing..if my kid played for ravens 13U, I’d have reservations about him continuing.

I coach High school ball at Jesuit.

I’ve never coached little league and never will.

Interesting note*

I coached maybe 2 or 3 starters on the ravens team previously at different ages.

The Maryland Team is coached by my former college teammate.

He was geekedfor this game because i always give him sh*t about our talent level. They were prepared. I heard they had a few older kids though...but that team he coaches Maryland Heat is loaded. Also that team Miami Central is playingout of Maryland may run it up on Central as well.

I like central for $50

Advertisement
Yeah they had 9th graders out there. I know one thing..if my kid played for ravens 13U, I’d have reservations about him continuing.

I coach High school ball at Jesuit.

I’ve never coached little league and never will.
I don’t blame you at all. Little league is toxic af. From the parents thinking they have input on how the team should operate and dropping kids off for us to feed and babysit, kids these days being soft af, and coaches trying to relive their glory years not teaching the kids a dam thing except hit stick and run left run right.

It’s ridiculous to me. Idk about other places but they have spring leagues in Tampa now. Imo, kids should be playing other sports in the spring. Not football year round. They actually have combines and rankings now going all they way down to 1st graders. I truly don’t understand that point of testing 40s and shuttle times and ranking 8 yr olds.

I don’t blame you at all. Little league is toxic af. From the parents thinking they have input on how the team should operate and dropping kids off for us to feed and babysit, kids these days being soft af, and coaches trying to relive their glory years not teaching the kids a dam thing except hit stick and run left run right.

It’s ridiculous to me. Idk about other places but they have spring leagues in Tampa now. Imo, kids should be playing other sports in the spring. Not football year round. They actually have combines and rankings now going all they way down to 1st graders. I truly don’t understand that point of testing 40s and shuttle times and ranking 8 yr olds.

I agree with every word you wrote. Little league is crazy. That spring football (8on8) is dumpster juice. In the past, I’ve had little league coaches recruiting our 9th graders to go and play 8on8 football in the spring.

I’m very well known up here and my son is uber athletic & super fast so a lot of little league coaches inquire about him playing for them but I’m going with the best environment. The Tampa jags up here have the best program with great coaches that really mentor the kids on & off the field BUT the game atmosphere of non stop weed smoking & sports betting means my kid will likely never play there.

I must say..I’m part of the blame when it comes to combines for kids & testing their 40’s & shuttles bc I help run those in the Tampa area but you’re right, there’s no point...we as coaches say that at every combine...BUT BUT BUT the freaking demand is so high from the crazy *** parents that you have to bc someone else will & at least we do it in a professional manner...at least we try to.

all for social media and bragging rights.

75% of youth football coaches...never played organized sports.

Its toxic..extremely toxic in s.fla. I had a team with kids/parents crabbing about only having 3 catches in a game. This is in youth league when some teams complete 10 passes a season. Kids go from park to park...hence when they hit high school..you see THE SAME THING.

The predominantly good teams in s.fla have sh*t coaches honestly...and they are just getting by having THE BEST ACCUMULATED teams. There are a few parks or coaches i respect..but for the most part...them dudes reliving their glory. They are YEAR ROUND in YOUTH LEAGUES...NO BREAKS.

Advertisement
Back