FSU WR commit CJ Worton

It would be a shame if Coley was allowed to bring this kid to Miami absolutely no way this kid should be taken over Dixon, Scott, Holmes, Ishmael, JoJo who are all far superior talents.

What some of you fail to realize is that sometimes it's not a matter of taking him "over" the likes of Dixon, Scott, Holmes, etc. The reality is Dixon and Scott are long shots so it's not like they are being passed over by Worton. Worton doesn't even have an offer yet so I will wait to see how this plays out.
I understand Scott but Dixon is also a longshot? :(

I understand it is a new regime, but just for ****s and giggles see how many dwyer kids you can recall us landing over the last decade.
I know,but there's gotta be a first for everything. It's kid has been around campus a lot. besides weren't we all saying, what BTW kid has fsu ever gotten?

I agree that it is possible, the broader point that needs to be echoed however is not to turn sour on a three star kid because we are so sure we are landing Lane, who we should all be afraid of bama with 3/4 MNC's and a friend and example of early success in Cooper, or Dixon with both school history and apparent preference putting Ufag in front, and Holmes saying recently he is looking to go out of state. At the end of this cycle, this may be the second best receiver we sign, if in fact that happens. It would be unwise of our recruiting staff to have worton beyond the verge of flipping until two of the aforementioned studs are verbally committed at the very least.

It is very early, and I would think we would have learned after not even 2 months that we should not be counting the local blue chips as guarantees anymore, in fact we saw first hand what family connection, local proximity, and "dream school" can do in Bostwick, 6, and Keef respectively. Someday golden might get us back there, but on the heels of a 7-5 season and still no disciplinary ruling from the NCAA as far as further punishment is concerned, there is ample negative recruiting to be done. Could this picture be drastically different come December or January for the '14 kids? absolutely. but that is a long way off with a lot of unkowns between here and there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Just for the record, if ANYONE said that the odds of a white QB making the league are better than the odds of a black QB and therefore we should take Sean White over Alin Edouard they would be DESTROYED on this board. Worton is not a priority yet because there are better players, not because he is white.

I was just responding to the poster who compared Wes W to a bunch of high school kids.... People need to stop getting caught up in race this and race that. its just reality, for the record. How many white cbs are there in the NFL or college for that matter. Is that racial or reality?

Just for the record, if ANYONE said that the odds of a white QB making the league are better than the odds of a black QB and therefore we should take Sean White over Alin Edouard they would be DESTROYED on this board. Worton is not a priority yet because there are better players, not because he is white.

I was just responding to the poster who compared Wes W to a bunch of high school kids.... People need to stop getting caught up in race this and race that. its just reality, for the record. How many white cbs are there in the NFL or college for that matter. Is that racial or reality?

I completely agree with your point. I was merely pointing out a hypocrisy, and that it is probably best to leave race out of these discussions if you don't want to kick the beehive.

Signed,

A White Guy

You cats sound real lame saying not to take the kid because he is white. Lol. Really? Anyway, you guys do realize we do need BACKUP plans right? I love how some on here have Lane/Dixon/Brady all penciled in as commits. What happens if Mario the Traitor pulls Lane, Dixon follows his boy Travis Rudolph to UF, and Brady has Clearinghouse issues? We slow played Jojo so he says F us and sticks with FSU. Now we are down to guys like CJ. Solid backup plan just in case. If we hit the Grand Slam then GREAT! But we need to prepare ourselves in case we dont..Which is very much a possiblity especially after last years debacle.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back