Coaching FSU Week Media: Mario, Josh Gattis & Kevin Steele

Advertisement
Yeah I wanted to know what reporter that was as well.

Lol we gave up a couple plays that we'd want back and we got lucky on some drops/poor throws, but they're playing against another team out there it isn't like the defense is going to be perfect. We didn't give up any TDs and we barely gave up points. D has been cheeks many times this year, but Saturday wasn't a day to blame the defense by any means

The offense on the other hand... :oops:

I know @Cribby has been praising Brantley…but good lord I didn’t realize he was doing guys like this (pause)

Something tells me when Mario talks about physicality and toughness he's talking about guys like this, Anez Cooper, and Colbie Young.

You get a roster full of these guys and you add in guys with elite talent and we'll be a team people hate to face again (and fans will be proud to watch too)

Advertisement
“We have to make this an ugly affair. I am encouraged about last week’s performance that these guys are figuring out what we want from them. They are falling in love with the grind. The tougher team and the more disciplined team will win this rivalry game. This isn’t a beauty contest. We want to win TOP and dominate the trenches. I told Jose, get ready, because we are going to ride that leg all night. I told Jake, you run for those two yards, we will take that instead of trying to force the ball to a seemingly open man, which is fools gold. Thats all i got! Time to get to work!”
What in tf were you encouraged about last week??

I know @Cribby has been praising Brantley…but good lord I didn’t realize he was doing guys like this (pause)

Here’s what trips me out…

I love his energy and he’s bringing the pain. He’s making sure whoever he hits is gonna feel him.

But when I see that, I wonder why other guys aren’t playing that way. I mean, you’re playing big-time college football. You’re on TV. You want accolades and to go to the next level. Your family’s name is on the back of your jersey. ****, it’s you versus another man, your pride is on the line. I could go on and on.

There are countless reasons to play hard. I’ll never understand those who don’t.

Advertisement
Here’s what trips me out…

I love his energy and he’s bringing the pain. He’s making sure whoever he hits is gonna feel him.

But when I see that, I wonder why other guys aren’t playing that way. I mean, you’re playing big-time college football. You’re on TV. You want accolades and to go to the next level. Your family’s name is on the back of your jersey. ****, it’s you versus another man, your pride is on the line. I could go on and on.

There are countless reasons to play hard. I’ll never understand those who don’t.
If it aint in you, it aint in you is all.

I saw
Should Mario and Mirabal resign? The blocking over the season hasn't been good. Oh, ignore that, but expect miracles from the OC.

Our delusional fans. Want wine out of water, but just whine.
So we have the worst o line in all of college football? I watch college football all day and guys are running wide open all day in all games. Not our guys. This scheme sucks. And if it's what Mario wants then I'll be calling for his head too

Advertisement
Advertisement
He needs more snaps if he will continue to hit that block on our running scheme play that eventually gattis leaked him out on the game winner. Better than Mallory running that play cause Mallory won’t/can’t block
At this point play the dudes that are going to go 110 out there. Limited guys going 110 are always better than “talented“ me first guys.

So we have the worst o line in all of college football? I watch college football all day and guys are running wide open all day in all games. Not our guys. This scheme sucks. And if it's what Mario wants then I'll be calling for his head too
It's the scheme and nothing to do with the players right?

The offensive scheme caused 8 turnovers against Duke and the defense to quit.

The offensive scheme gave up big plays and turnovers to MTSU.

The scheme doesn't instantly produce the results you expect, therefore it must be terrible and Mario should just keep hiring new OCs until we find one that instantly produces results to meet delusional expectations with half the starters being backups. Sound about right?

I remember fans calling for Lashlee's head up until TVD started lightning it up. Yah, this is just about par for our fanbase.

Last edited:
It's the scheme and nothing to do with the players right?

The offensive scheme caused 8 turnovers against Duke and the defense to quit.

The offensive scheme gave up big plays and turnovers to MTSU.

The scheme doesn't instantly produce the results you expect, therefore it must be terrible and Mario should just keep hiring new OCs until we find one that instantly produces results to meet delusional expectations with half the starters being backups. Sound about right?

I remember fans calling for Lashlee's head up until TVD started lightning it up. Yah, this is just about par for our fanbase.

Gattis has his faults but he also calls some good plays that we just never execute. I see players open and either the line fails, QB’s don’t see the open guy or the player drops the pass.

Yes spreading it out would help but if our WR can’t get any separation then it doesn’t matter.

I watch a ton of games both college and pro.

Go look at Brady this year he sucks. Did he all the sudden not know how to play football? No, he doesn’t have the weapons he is used to. Another example of same scheme he has had but lacks the WR talent and no TE. This is where we are. We flat out don’t have the talent. It’s matters a lot!

Look at burrow last night. He was awful. Same scheme he had that just put up a monster game previously and last night couldn’t do anything. Common theme, his best WR was out and o-line got whipped.

See where I’m going with this? Scheme matters yes, but having elite talent is what really matters and we just don’t have it. Been saying all year and before the year that we lack speed and nfl talent on offense. It doesn’t matter if Lashlee or Sean McVay is calling our plays.

Advertisement
Back