FSU vs UF

We possibly have the dumbest, most inept head coach in all of college football. It is unimaginable that this guy was the best that $80,000,000 could buy.

Not only failed to use Harrell for even 1 post pattern, but also failed to use C.J. Jr. on wheel routes and out in space. The man is clueless.
I wonder if Lane would have known how to use those guys

Advertisement
Worst case scenario, they fire him and hire Jess fisch
She's a top notch hire for them. Better than the optimist league bull**** Billy the Nappyhair kid is runnin.
Screenshot_20231125_231233_Google.jpg

Advertisement
I look st it differently. Anything FSU does or doesn't do won't affect their recruiting this years. The guys that are with them won't change.

For the gator, they've already had a couple of decommitments, it may blow up their class. We are looking to flip 1 or 2 of their commits. Also, no bowl means no bowl practices. Young players won't get the extra reps to benefit them for next year.

UF could have an even worse year next year breaking in a new QB with one of the toughest schedules in the country.

FSU could have a down year as well unless Norvell strikes gold in the portal. Contrary to all their bragging about having depth, they lose all of their offensive production and at least 15 players plus some juniors ths will turn pro. What's left is a roster filled with 3-stars.

If Miami can put together a 10+ winning season and ACC appearance, Mario could dominate the 2025 and 2026 recruiting.

Without striking gold in the portal, FSU doesn't have the horse's to compete. They will be middle of the pack without a top portal class. A top 5 2024 high school class won't do much for the 2024 season. That's a class you need to stack 2 more on top of.
I can appreciate your perspective. Valid points for sure, especially about your take on the gators.

I hope you are right about FSU. I feel this recent success will help them significantly in recruiting and the portal. Yes, their current recruits aren't going anywhere, whether they won or lost this game. However, I feel that FSU winning this game put them in a better position for those top recruits that are still undecided, or those recruits from other schools that will decommit.

I'm not banking on him striking out in the transfer portal this year, just because he struck gold the last couple of years.

Still cant believe we recruited Harrell to come here his final year and didnt send him on a single post or deep AT ALL this year.. What a waste, smfh..

Personnel management from the staff was absolutely CRIMINAL this season. The staff really needs to STOP penalizing guys who don't always perform the best on greentree. You absolutely HAVE to find ways to get every weapon at your disposal on the field and on tape for DC's to worry about.

No one can sell me the benefits of a trips bunch with McCormick as opposed to Harrell, Horton, Ray Ray, Wash, etc..

It's the most bizarre lack of creativity I've seen in CFB. Got all those transfers and would rather watch balls bounce off McCormick helmet 🤦🏿🤦🏿🤦🏿

Michigan wins
Washington wins
Bama beats UGA 28-27 in an all-time classic
FSU beats Louisville 14-13 in a snoozer and Rodemaker turns it over 3 times.

You think the committee is putting a Travis-less fsu team in over the back to back national champions with 1 loss to a playoff team by a point?

FSU would obviously have a major beef but imo the committee uses the Travis injury to keep them out, and they probably should. FSU would deserve to be in, but they lose by 20 against any playoff team without Travis.
Craziest part about that scenario is FSU wouldn’t even have the biggest beef because even the biggest fsu homer would have to admit they would be a heavy under dog against all other playoff teams. Texas would cause a huge **** storm since they actually have a h2h win against what would be the SEC champion in that scenario.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
You want to make a bet that if Bama beats UGA in a close SECC game and UW and Mich win their conference that it will be two SEC teams in there before undefeated FSU who is without the qb that led them for 11 of their wins in a terrible ACC without a single win better then any of the teams in front of them with a loss?
how much you trying to lose?

Wait, so now Norvell is second-coming of Andy Reid. Weren't same folks on CIS claiming he was an inbred cornrow wearing hayseed a couple of years ago? How things have changed.
Yeah, I remember being called and FSU fan for acknowledging his good work in the portal before the '22 season (2 years running now). And when saying the college landscape had changed and there was now an alternative to the traditional way of building strictly/primarily through the high school ranks, I was told the method wasn't sustainable. Well, it looks like 12-0 recruits itself.

Advertisement
Back