FSU to delay travel plans (until Friday) for Miami game

CaneVR

GoD: Richt is Coming
Oh no. FSU can't travel a day early to acclimate themselves.

Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher says the Seminoles will likely not travel to Miami on Thursday night as is the norm for Saturday road games. Hurricane Matthew's track has shifted westward once again, and now is projected to make landfall on the Florida coast on Thursday night.

The Seminoles are looking into traveling Friday.

Per AP writer Tim Reynolds, the University of Miami intends to close at 5 p.m. on Wednesday and remain closed Thursday and Friday.

Original update

The state of Florida is once again under Hurricane watch as current Category 4 hurricane Matthew makes its way up through the Caribbean.

Matthew is currently projected to miss the Miami area, but its projected path continues to trend westward. With the annual rivalry match-up between Florida State and Miami set to take place on Saturday at 8 p.m., all parties are monitoring the situation.

The Florida State athletic department released this statement to the Tallahassee Democrat.

"We are in constant communication with the University of Miami and the ACC, and all parties are monitoring the situation."

This is a familiar situation for the two programs, which had to postpone the 2004 opening game of the season due to Hurricane Frances. The game was moved from Monday night to Friday night.

A move like that would not be possible this year because Miami has already had their bye week, and both teams play the following weekend.
Update: FSU to delay travel plans for Miami game

Advertisement
Who gives a fack what they do? They can flap their own wings to get here for all I care.

I don't give a shlt about the Noles. I hope the change in travel plans is disadvantageous to them. Just show up and take this *** whooping on Saturday.

That's it.

d391b5c3acc7d10940513075e8f59cf69289a57d2c106df4a4e837e332c12a20.jpg

"Our boys were tired from the last minute trip and never got into the tempo of their offense." - Jimbo excuse.

Advertisement
I think they should take the bus down.

The scenic route down A-1-A is really intense this time of year.

Advertisement
The Semenoles are setting up an excuse not to travel just like the Gaytors did when LSU offered to host.

I'll say what I said on WEZ: Cuckbo wants to weasel out of the game.

If our defense gives him a beat down, his LSU contract could go elsewhere.

Why should LSU hire someone with personal problems? They need someone who can beat Saban consistently. Cuck can't do that.

He can beat Al Golden consistently. That's it.

FSU is coming down tomorrow morning, so unless they're going to beg the ACC to cancel the game from their hotel.....

Advertisement
Jumbo was on College Sports Radio today and said they plan on heading down at 10am tomorrow, unless the ACC/Miami cancel. I don't see Miami canceling and don't see why ACC would, other than not having enough emergency personnel to cover the game.

This is why I can at least respect FSU compared to UF. UF's cancelling their game and refusing to play @ LSU, even after they offer to pay for everything.

UF is just *** as ****.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is why I can at least respect FSU compared to UF. UF's cancelling their game and refusing to play [MENTION=3154]LSU[/MENTION], even after they offer to pay for everything.

UF is just *** as ****.

Wait until we know for sure the game is going to be played before praising FSU. I sure as heck hope we play them, but you're crazy if you think they want to come down here, and aren't trying to pull strings to get it cancelled.

This is why I can at least respect FSU compared to UF. UF's cancelling their game and refusing to play [MENTION=3154]LSU[/MENTION], even after they offer to pay for everything.

UF is just *** as ****.

LSU was willing to still travel to Gainesville but they weaseled out of it anyways - something about sand in their vaginas.

I have a feeling FSU will beg the ACC to cancel the game.

Thankfully the ACC understands that Miami vs. FSU is a huge moneymaker. They can beg all they want. $$$ talks and that hurricane will not be an issue on Saturday. FSU's shook.

Advertisement
Back