FSU, something happening????

Advertisement
If I'm not mistaken, low APR can lead to postseason bans. It's kind of a big deal.

Teams must earn a four-year average APR of 930 to compete in championships.

While the APR is intended as an incentive-based approach, it does come with a progression of penalties for teams that under-perform academically over time.

The first penalty level limits teams to 16 hours of practice per week over five days (as opposed to 20 over six days), with the lost four hours to be replaced with academic activities.

A second level adds additional practice and competition reductions, either in the traditional or non-championship season, to the first-level penalties. The third level, where teams could remain until their rate improves, includes a menu of possible penalties, including coaching suspensions, financial aid reductions and restricted NCAA membership. The Division I Committee on Academics, which oversees Division I’s academic infrastructure, has the discretion to apply appropriate penalties once teams have fallen below the benchmark for three consecutive years.

While postseason bans are commonly applied as a penalty in the NCAA enforcement process, they are not considered as a penalty for poor academic performance. Instead, the requirement that teams achieve a minimum APR is simply a benchmark for participation in championships. Just as teams must win in competition to be eligible for championships, they must also achieve in the classroom.

Source:
http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/research/academic-progress-rate-explained
Exactly.....Lol...from 5-7...to No Bowl regardless....Hurry up Babe...before I do another Shot....

oh without a doubt that was a performance for the ages, but that's more on barca than anything. the exact same thing happened last year to them against roma last year. valverde is just a crap manager that leans on messi. that team is really showing its age, especially suarez.
Age or not, Messi is still a beast, and Suarez can still play and score. A good manager notices that Barca ******* any time there is a corner against them..and takes advantage with a quick corner like the last goal.

Age or not, Messi is still a beast, and Suarez can still play and score. A good manager notices that Barca ******* any time there is a corner against them..and takes advantage with a quick corner like the last goal.

no arguments about that corner, but that was one of their assistants that noticed it, not klopp. that doesn't take away from the fact that he's an incredible manager though.

for barca, messi isn't their problem since he's an ageless wonder. the defense and midfield are, which liverpool took advantage of over both legs. they just couldn't score for whatever reason in the first. also suarez had a horrific year in the cl with only 1 goal (coincidentally against liverpool last week) and his performance has dropped significantly over the last 2 seasons, which is expected for a 32 year old striker without someone like neymar stretching the field. i think liverpool will still win the cl (barring a ridiculous choke-job), but i don't think they'll win the league.

anyway i'm done derailing the thread. **** fsu.

Advertisement
In reference to APR, FSU is getting perilously close to the bottom threshold to where the NCAA can dock scholarships and impose penalties. Still, I would be disappointed if that's what we are getting excited over.

My bad. I see @g8rh8rMD already posted the rules while I was writing this

no arguments about that corner, but that was one of their assistants that noticed it, not klopp. that doesn't take away from the fact that he's an incredible manager though.

for barca, messi isn't their problem since he's an ageless wonder. the defense and midfield are, which liverpool took advantage of over both legs. they just couldn't score for whatever reason in the first. also suarez had a horrific year in the cl with only 1 goal (coincidentally against liverpool last week) and his performance has dropped significantly over the last 2 seasons, which is expected for a 32 year old striker without someone like neymar stretching the field. i think liverpool will still win the cl (barring a ridiculous choke-job), but i don't think they'll win the league.
I'm not holding out hope for the premiership..although I'd love it. But the CL against The Spurs whom the Reds have swept this year...with or without the really old young guy in Harry Kane.

anyway i'm done derailing the thread. **** fsu.
The post-game comments by Alexander-Arnold implied that corner was neither planned nor practiced. He was walking away and just happened to see the opportunity when Barca completely fell asleep. Doesn't take away from the brilliance of it in any way, but I think that was totally spontaneous.

If I'm not mistaken, low APR can lead to postseason bans. It's kind of a big deal.

Teams must earn a four-year average APR of 930 to compete in championships.

While the APR is intended as an incentive-based approach, it does come with a progression of penalties for teams that under-perform academically over time.

The first penalty level limits teams to 16 hours of practice per week over five days (as opposed to 20 over six days), with the lost four hours to be replaced with academic activities.

A second level adds additional practice and competition reductions, either in the traditional or non-championship season, to the first-level penalties. The third level, where teams could remain until their rate improves, includes a menu of possible penalties, including coaching suspensions, financial aid reductions and restricted NCAA membership. The Division I Committee on Academics, which oversees Division I’s academic infrastructure, has the discretion to apply appropriate penalties once teams have fallen below the benchmark for three consecutive years.

While postseason bans are commonly applied as a penalty in the NCAA enforcement process, they are not considered as a penalty for poor academic performance. Instead, the requirement that teams achieve a minimum APR is simply a benchmark for participation in championships. Just as teams must win in competition to be eligible for championships, they must also achieve in the classroom.

Source:
http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/research/academic-progress-rate-explained

At what point do they cancel the pizza parties and dance competitions? That'll get their attention.

Advertisement
At what point do they cancel the pizza parties and dance competitions? That'll get their attention.
And Willie will be required to fill those sissy backpacks with actual textbooks. Guy will make a rare interceptions and will run to the sideline and put on a heavy-as-**** backpack with textbooks English Lit, Algebra and Trigonometry, freshman biology, Women's Studies, Third World Politics, LGBT Studies, and so on. ( All the required courses in most colleges these days.)
The 150 lb cornerback will wrench his back putting on the fairy-colored backpack that weighs as much as he does, and will be lost for the season.

Advertisement
FSU kids not going to class at all will not impress parents

You ever seen Office Space? There's a scene where Peter asks his neighbor, who is a grungy construction worker with a no-nonsense awareness about him what he would do if he had a million dollars, like what you would do if you had a million dollars is what you should be doing for a living. The guy says if he had a million dollars he would do two chicks at one time. Peter says something like "not all chicks are that in to money" and the neighbor says, "yeah, but the kind of chicks that would double team up on a guy like me are".

Parents that would send their child to play football for FSU aren't interested in what classes their kids are attending.

Gif0_two_chicks.gif

Peter Gibbons: What would you do if you had a million dollars?
Lawrence: I'll tell you what I'd do, man, two chicks at the same time, man.
Peter Gibbons: That's it? If you had a million dollars, you'd do two chicks at the same time?
Lawrence: **** straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I had a million dollars I could hook that up, cause chicks dig a dude with money.
Peter Gibbons: Well, not all chicks.
Lawrence: Well the kind of chicks that'd double up on a dude like me do.
Peter Gibbons: Good point.
Lawrence: Well what about you now? what would you do?
Peter Gibbons: Besides two chicks at the same time?
Lawrence: Well yeah.
Peter Gibbons: Nothing.
Lawrence: Nothing, huh?
Peter Gibbons: I'd relax, I would sit on my *** all day, I would do nothing.
Lawrence: Well you don't need a million dollars to do nothing, man. Just take a look at my cousin, he's broke, don't do ****.

Advertisement
And Willie will be required to fill those sissy backpacks with actual textbooks. Guy will make a rare interceptions and will run to the sideline and put on a heavy-as-**** backpack with textbooks English Lit, Algebra and Trigonometry, freshman biology, Women's Studies, Third World Politics, LGBT Studies, and so on. ( All the required courses in most colleges these days.)
The 150 lb cornerback will wrench his back putting on the fairy-colored backpack that weighs as much as he does, and will be lost for the season.

Speaking of Women's Studies, I am hearing it may become a mandatory class for all UiF football players next season. Assuming, of course, they can figure out how to get around all the restraining orders.

Advertisement
Back