FSU Series

canesproponent

Sophomore
We - hopefully - sweep FSU and the trolls should disappear.

Their #2 pitcher has a 4.54 ERA and VTech drilled him. NCState pummeled him as well, and they scored 9 in the 2nd game.

The third pitcher has an even worse ERA of 5.94 and Boston College is still shelling him as we speak.

Their starter has a good ERA but VTech, BC and NCState all shredded him to an extent as well.

This series is "sweepable".

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's simple logic.

Just because one didn't do something doesn't mean they can't.

You will surely take the other side just to troll, as usual.

It would be better if we couldn't. The fact that we could, and didn't, means that we underperformed again.

Kind of like how we could have beaten a #1 seed from 2009-2018, but we didn't. That's not something to brag about.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can there be one thread on here that isnt an argument between you two?

Anyways, this is a make or break week for us. FSU is very similar to us: Good hitting, struggling pitching, poor fielding.

This is a very winnable series, but the way McMahon is throwing I dont see us sweeping them. A series win would obviously be huge.

Advertisement
Can there be one thread on here that isnt an argument between you two?

Anyways, this is a make or break week for us. FSU is very similar to us: Good hitting, struggling pitching, poor fielding.

This is a very winnable series, but the way McMahon is throwing I dont see us sweeping them. A series win would obviously be huge.

McMahon is a great pitcher. Barring a high school injury and surgery, he would have been a top draft-pick.

He throws in the mid-nineties, but his pitches are not moving. Opponents are hitting him hard. He also always seems to wilt at around 80 pitches.

I do think that DiMare is leaving them in the game for too long.... I would pull McKendry and McMahon after 85 pitches to see if that helps.

McMahon is a great pitcher. Barring a high school injury and surgery, he would have been a top draft-pick.

He throws in the mid-nineties, but his pitches are not moving. Opponents are hitting him hard. He also always seems to wilt at around 80 pitches.

I do think that DiMare is leaving them in the game for too long.... I would pull McKendry and McMahon after 85 pitches to see if that helps.

I agree about his talent. D1 Baseball had him as a top-10 college prospect for 2020 preseason, and obviously he was a top HS pitcher for a reason.

IMO he's having trouble locating his pitches. That leads him to get behind in counts then leave balls out over the plate to compensate. If he can get his control back he'll be tough to hit, but right now guys can just sit on his fastball

Team plays not to lose instead of trying to win.that's the reason for fielding and base running errors.have a decent young team that needs to learn how to win give it time .this team hasn't had anyone to look up to they've had to learn it on they're own.

Advertisement
Back