FSU rumblings...

Advertisement
Poops would be great. He’d be like Rick for them. Totally past his prime and doesnt have the energy to turn that cesspool around.
Stoops didn't want to be coaching at age 65. His father had died before then - even though he was in great shape - and Mark was mindful of that.

"but the time and the intensity that the job carried with it became too much for Stoops.

Success did not come for free. Stoops worked seven day weeks from July until February, along with multiple recruiting weekends sporadically during the "off" months. He had to deal with equipment problems, players, coaches, disciplinary problems, recruiting issues, and hundreds of other duties that come along with being a head coach."

Surprised that he would consider coming back. The XFL seemed like a nice part-time gig with not nearly the involvement of a college program or NFL team.

Advertisement
That’s a trash HC and DC. Recruiting will tank unless they bring in a lot of high energy young assistants.

This would be fast but still longer than our search took for a HC. ****, it passed our search yesterday...

It surely would have matched the search time if only Stoops was at Temple.

Advertisement
I feel like Big Game Bob would be a good fit for them and bring some much needed stability for them but I find those rumors of him on campus today interviewing laughable. Did he bring his resume and some pressed khakis too?

Hahahahahaha, it's a handful of clowns on thos board who actually think he's great hahahahaha, there is a reason the guy gets jobs at WSU and TT
I always said that if Leach were to be hired, a condition had to be that he wore full pirate regalia and saber to all games, had a parrot with him at all times, and took the Black Pearl to away games.

No coach is going to a program and retaining the staff that was there especially when said coach in this situation has no direct ties to any coaches on there staff. And that's still a **** show of a staff
Jimmy Johnson did, to an extent. He used to deal with guys like Bill Trout, Chris Vagotis, and some others who never became Jimmy guys. Some became loyal to Jimmy, like Gary Stevens, Hubbard Alexander, Joe Brodsky....

Advertisement
LOL if they keep Briles. Manny and Baker made him their bytch on Saturday.

Right...if they forced Briles on Taggart, with Stoops in the green room, and held Leavitt back til Stoops got there...that's some racist $h!t. It wouldn't suprise me one bit if Briles sabotaged their season. Taggart left with a nice severance, but ****, that's racist.

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure they knew who their guy was when they started collecting checks totaling $20MM a month or so ago plus other checks for the new staff. They've had a plan. The catastrophic Miami was the trigger
I'm thinking the same thing. After last year's debacle FSU most likely had feelers going out early this season while in public towing the "let's wait and see" mantra.

Jimmy Johnson did, to an extent. He used to deal with guys like Bill Trout, Chris Vagotis, and some others who never became Jimmy guys. Some became loyal to Jimmy, like Gary Stevens, Hubbard Alexander, Joe Brodsky....
Vagotis was a coach down here though and jimmy met him and even then he wasnt a coordinator which fsu is talking about keeping the whole staff and just adding a head coach that is not gonna fly with a hc

What you posted is a great point but there is a flip side to that too.

What was gained by firing Taggart early?
What was gained by hiring Stoops early?
What was gained by keeping the losing staff?
What kind of current player or recruit has any trust or respect for the remaining lame duck staff?

FSU gets to save money and ride out the year with the staff that made their team suck. That’s the only real benefit - money. So they save some money after spending millions to pay Taggart not to coach. If FSU actually somehow saves players and recruits by hiring a coach early and having him agree to keep the deadweight staff and players I don’t follow how Stoops is thought of as such a great coach.

Stoops gets to come in and “evaluate” them but really unless Stoops was neutered upon signing his contract he will almost definitely fire them all or at least the overwhelming majority of them.

You are digging too deep.

1. Who cares. Its all about getting their next head coach at this point. They just canned Willie to the tune of 18M. I dont think the staff's salaries are of any concern whatsoever.

Advertisement
Back