FSU pulls franklin's offer?

Randy knew a lot of the high school coaches growing up and some of those black coaches wanted jobs or cash from him.

Thats when the problems started... coaches told randy that their players will be going to play football somewhere else..

Advertisement
Naw man.

South Florida was open for business when Randy was here

Come on man... Randy wasn't a good HC but lets not exaggerate his failures... We rarely lost a prospect we wanted... The only one I can think of is Joyner and he stated he never liked Miami... He also stated that until he met Randy he never considered them, but he was a Nole all the way... Who did we lose to FSU during his tenure? No one... If Miami wants a kid, you can be the coach 9/10 times the kid would commit to the U if he's from south florida...

I agree we werent getting cleaned out here his first year or two, but by the end schools from all over were poaching the tops kids out of here. Not just that, but Randy was fcking blowing off a lot of local talent because he didnt like their attitudes, or they didnt fit whatever mold he had in his head that he wanted.

Did you forget that when Golden started here the first thing he did was to go repair the relationships with many local coaches? Word had been for a couple of years that Shannon had his favorite spots, and didnt give anyone else the time of day, he did a lot of damage in South Florida that Golden had to fix.

So while I agree with you that it wasnt like we were getting plundered, Shammin really dropped the ball and had screwed the So Fla pipelines up pretty good by the time he got the boot.

The whole favorite location spot was bs... Many people stated that he was always at MNW and BTW... After 08 he only had 3 players committed fro their and 1 signed(Clements 2010, Teddy and Eli committed but didn't sign for the 2011 class)... I read that article and it was so many contradictions... They Jess Hester Glades Central coach, the Dwyer coach and Telly Lockett... Hester implied he ignored his area but if it wasn't for RS Walford wouldn't be here... The Dwyer coach said he didn't like how we recruited his school, but admittred we went hard after O'leary. For whatever reason RS didn't want Maggit or Brisset. And as of now the commitment of Teddy was better than Brisset. And we all came to the conclusion that the Dwyer coach pushed his kids to UF regardless... As for Lockette we just didn't get along with them and to be honest Central won the state title but they didn't have any big time players... Finnie wasn't really that good but Al took a chance and got all he could out of the kid and Freeman is just a rotational back and nothing more...

RS didn't lose that many prospects from down here... Yea some prospects end up becoming successful at other places but you can say the same happened with Al... The point is that whoever is coach at UM will get the south florida players if they'll make them a priority...

His decision to ignore Ryan Shazier, who wanted badly to be a Cane, isn't looking like a great move or that he was all that diligent in his back yard.

Sure didn't land Sabino or Howard either. Peterson was prob bought, but we didn't land him. I know there's plenty more since we were nabbing dudes from buffalo, wash st, and Niu

I think Randy could be a **** good recruiter when he wanted to be. He just had no eye for talent. He has brought in some guys that were better than expected but passed on....so....many.....good.....players

Advertisement
Back