FSU LIVE BOT Meeting - Livestream link

Miami to the B1G. I'll keep saying on CIS. Miami and ND got AAU accreditation in 2023.

You can read up on it here:

Here's a YouTube podcast about Miami and ND getting AAU status fitting in with the B1G for football. It's a bit nerdy, but if you watch the first 30-40 minutes of it, you'll understand why there's no better fit for Miami or the B1G than the B1G.

AAU accreditation is huge for Miami. Every B1G school except Nebraska is AAU accredited. Nebraska was kicked out of the AAU in recent years. The AAU institutions do the lion's share of academic research. The amount of money they receive annually is more than college football and basketball combined.

If a judge determines the ACC GoR to end in 2027, the timing would be perfect as Miami will have established itself as a national football power once again.

There's no way Miami is going anywhere else except to the B1G.

200w.gif

Advertisement
W
Been discussed many times in this thread.....

Half the board wants NFC South, the other NHL Central...
Miami to the B1G. I'll keep saying on CIS. Miami and ND got AAU accreditation in 2023.

Here's a YouTube podcast about Miami and ND getting AAU status fitting in with the B1G for football. It's a bit nerdy, but if you watch the first 30-40 minutes of it, you'll understand why there's no better fit for Miami or the B1G than the B1G.

AAU accreditation is huge for Miami. Every B1G school except Nebraska is AAU accredited. Nebraska was kicked out of the AAU in recent years. The AAU institutions do the lion's share of academic research. The amount of money they receive annually is more than college football and basketball combined.

If a judge determines the ACC GoR to end in 2027, the timing would be perfect as Miami will have established itself as a national football power once again.

Id be down for that .. would make for some intersting road games for me .. im close to retirement live in Rochester ny so not to far of drives would be nice to see a lot of the big ten schools stadiums etc

ESPN is the real problem here. While everyone needs to be sued, a suit between just members and the ACC isn't going to help us.

ESPN is the real problem here. While everyone needs to be sued, a suit between just members and the ACC isn't going to help us.
Sure it is ... the ACC can ... at the very least ... modify the GOR to terminate in 2027 matching the current ESPN commitment. Wipes out the "option to extend".

Advertisement
Anybody "torn" about this or wanting to see FSU take another L....y'all need to check yourselves. Only one thing really matters: the U. Lets worry less about them and more about us. And if we want to take the program to the next level...we need to get out of this dying conference asap or we die with it. "But there is a 12 team playoff." It will not matter with the money gap between the P2 and the rest.

I hope FSU gets a full and resounding victory on this yesterday.
Beta ACC Rad better be begging the BOT to jump in here.

That would be the end of Miami.

We recruit almost exclusively from the SEC footprint, not from Pennsylvania/Wisconsin/Indiana etc. With the exception of the California schools, there’s no reason whatsoever to be in the B1G over the SEC.

Miami is as freaking Southeast in the US as you can get. It would be asinine (then again, this *is* the U) to join the B1G over SEC.

The B1G is OSU, sometimes Michigan, and the unspecified number of dwarfs. Forget it.

Gonna print this over here too, in case this becomes the new default thread...

OK, after a lengthy consultation...

I think Miami should give the ACC exit notice IMMEDIATELY and offer to pay the FULL damages under the GOR.

We can negotiate the ACC Constitution exit fee amount (and Maryland did too).

Then, since we are too late to exit for the 2024-2025 season, we roll along as is for next year.

We then cut a check for the 2025-2026 and 2026-2027 seasons. The TWO seasons that are currently under contract with ESPN.

We also cut a check for the 2027-2036 years. Except, because there ARE NO 2027-2036 seasons yet, the check is for zero-point-zero.

Do it NOW, before ESPN exercises its option to pick up the 2027-2036 years.

1703619207034.png

1703619237744.png

Last edited:
Advertisement

Saw an article that said the 3 schools following FSU are UNC, Clemson, and UVA. FSU would go B1G. Clemson is definitely SEC because doesn't fit academic profile of B1G. Both conferences want UNC badly, so UVA gets picked up by whoever doesn't get UNC (both conferences want the Virginia / DC market).

If ESPN doesn't pick up the contract after 2027, it would cherry pick the remaining acc schools to move to Big 12, probably Miami, GT, VT, and NC St.

That would suck.

Saw an article that said the 3 schools following FSU are UNC, Clemson, and UVA. FSU would go B1G. Clemson is definitely SEC because doesn't fit academic profile of B1G. Both conferences want UNC badly, so UVA gets picked up by whoever doesn't get UNC (both conferences want the Virginia / DC market).

If ESPN doesn't pick up the contract after 2027, it would cherry pick the remaining acc schools to move to Big 12, probably Miami, GT, VT, and NC St.

That would suck.

You read no such article "saying" that the 3 schools "following" F$U "are" UNC, Clemson, and UVa.

You read some piece-of-**** Fansided-type fan-fiction nonsense that prattled on about those three schools being attractive.

But nothing that said those "are" the three schools "following" F$U.

Gonna print this over here too, in case this becomes the new default thread...

OK, after a lengthy consultation...

I think Miami should give the ACC exit notice IMMEDIATELY and offer to pay the FULL damages under the GOR.

We can negotiate the ACC Constitution exit fee amount (and Maryland did too).

Then, since we are too late to exit for the 2024-2025 season, we roll along as is for next year.

We then cut a check for the 2025-2026 and 2026-2027 seasons. The TWO seasons that are currently under contract with ESPN.

We also cut a check for the 2027-2036 years. Except, because there ARE NO 2027-2036 seasons yet, the check is for zero-point-zero.

Do it NOW, before ESPN exercises its option to pick up the 2027-2036 years.

1703619207034.png

1703619237744.png

I’m not defending it but the powers that be at UM are unlikely to make a move without knowing where we are going.

If we wanted to go to war to get out of the ACC we could have sued over the systematic officiating ***** jobs… not for individual acts but for the conference failing to perform their duties of officiating oversight (see, eg, what is a safety?). Cumulatively I believe there was a case to be made that the conference breached their duty of good faith and fair dealing with our contractual delegation of oversight authority. Not necessarily a guaranteed winner, but a first salvo in an attack against the conference to facilitate an exit.

I was told the school didn’t want to do anything until they had someplace to go.

I suspect FSU isn’t being so cautious… but they do say fate favors the bold.

We recruit almost exclusively from the SEC footprint, not from Pennsylvania/Wisconsin/Indiana etc. With the exception of the California schools, there’s no reason whatsoever to be in the B1G over the SEC.

Miami is as freaking Southeast in the US as you can get. It would be asinine (then again, this *is* the U) to join the B1G over SEC.

The B1G is OSU, sometimes Michigan, and the unspecified number of dwarfs. Forget it.
You’re so ******* wrong It hurts my brain

Advertisement
W

Id be down for that .. would make for some intersting road games for me .. im close to retirement live in Rochester ny so not to far of drives would be nice to see a lot of the big ten schools stadiums etc

Yes sir. I think the B1G is a better home for the University of Miami. And I agree that you’ll enjoy some fun road games. At PSU will be a blast for you.

I shouldn't even respond to your thoughtless post. Miami is not an SEC school in any way.

Secondly Miami recruits nationally.

Thirdly, if you haven't paid attention, those Northern schools recruit in the South especially Florida.

Lastly, Miami is a high academic and research school. It doesn't fit the SEC academic profile, but is a perfect match academically for the B1G.

Mark my words, Miami will be in the B1G.

That would suck.
Miami will be in the B1G. The B1G already has the DC market with Maryland.

FSU does present a problem because they draw television revenue and give the B1G a foothold in Florida.

Miami is so much more a B1G school than FSU. FSU is just a tv money grab. They really don't want them. The networks do.

The things that gives me the most confidence that Miami will be in the B1G is Mario will have us as a national power in 2-3 years. There's no way the B1G lets Miami slide to another conference. A national power with academics standards and AAU accreditation is a no-brainer for thr B1G.

The tables may turn on FSU. Their house of cards are falling down with all their transfer NFL bound players sitting out the bowl game plus a lot of the talented players are in the portal. What we see in the Orange Bowl game will be a large part of their team next year even if Norvell finds some decent transfers. They don't have depth. They fed everyone a bunch of lies saying they did just to prop up their profile as a CFP contender. Even if Travis didn't get injured, and everyone played in a playoff game, they were always going to get smoked. Depth reveals itself against elite teams. Mario is doing it right. I expect to dominate FSU beginning next year as we become a more complete team with elite trench play on both sides of the ball.

So, a gap in talent and play between FSU and Miami should begin next year. I view FSU/Miami like Auburn/Alabama. Auburn has their moments, but Alabama has the staying power year in and year out. That's where I see Miami headed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Miami will be in the B1G. The B1G already has the DC market with Maryland.

FSU does present a problem because they draw television revenue and give the B1G a foothold in Florida.

Miami is so much more a B1G school than FSU. FSU is just a tv money grab. They really don't want them. The networks do.

The things that give me the most confidence that Miami will be in the B1G is Mario will have us as a national power in 2-3 years. There's no way the B1G lets Miami slide to another conference. A national power with academics standards and AAU accreditation is a no-brainer for thr B1G.

The tables may turn on FSU. Their house of cards are falling down with all their transfer NFL bound players sitting out the bowl game plus a lot of the talented players are in the portal. What we see in the Orange Bowl game will be a large part of their team even if Norvell finds some decent transfers. They don't have depth. They fed everyone a bunch of lies saying they did to prop up their team. Even if Travis didn't get hurt, and everyone played in a playoff game, they were always going to get smoked. Depth reveals itself against elite teams. Mario is doing it right. I expect to dominate FSU beginning next year as we become a more complete team with elite trench play on both sides of the ball.

Great analysis. IMO, the only thing that stops FSU from the SEC is UF, and UF increasingly irrelevant. FSU and Clemson to the SEC, Miami and UNC to the B1G makes the most sense.

Where it gets worrisome is if UF is successful in blocking FSU and FSU goes to the B1G. I think UNC is the crown jewel (it's got both academics and sports success, and as a public school also has a big alumni base). If the B1G gets UNC and FSU, where does that leave UM? Does the B1G then take 4 schools to have a 4th team to pair up with UM? SEC doesn't seem to have interest in Miami. It looks like the thing that will help us most is if the SEC takes UNC. B1G is definitely not taking Clemson, so if UNC is out of play then we will be guaranteed a landing spot in the B1G.

Great analysis. IMO, the only thing that stops FSU from the SEC is UF, and UF increasingly irrelevant. FSU and Clemson to the SEC, Miami and UNC to the B1G makes the most sense.

Where it gets worrisome is if UF is successful in blocking FSU and FSU goes to the B1G. I think UNC is the crown jewel (it's got both academics and sports success, and as a public school also has a big alumni base). If the B1G gets UNC and FSU, where does that leave UM? Does the B1G then take 4 schools to have a 4th team to pair up with UM? SEC doesn't seem to have interest in Miami. It looks like the thing that will help us most is if the SEC takes UNC. B1G is definitely not taking Clemson, so if UNC is out of play then we will be guaranteed a landing spot in the B1G.
I think Miami and UNC make the most sense. Fox TV is pushing for FSU to the B1G. I don't know if the B1G would add only 1 team in their next expansion. That would help FSU as they do draw more tv viewers than everyone else in the ACC likely to land in the B1G. It will be interesting to see where Miami's TV viewership is when the team is a national power.

One thing to remember is that joining the B1G is not solely the B1G athletic directors decision. The school presidents have the final say and academia will be pushing as well. You can bet that will play a role in the final decision.

USC and UCLA both have AAU accreditation. Washington and Oregon both have AAU accreditation.

Is it just a coincidence that all 4 schools are joining the B1G and have AAU accreditation? I say no.

FSU would be the only realignment school to join the B1G without having AAU accreditation.

Last edited:

I don't think Florida could keep FSU out of the SEC. I don't know what their vote requirement is. I imagine it's 2/3 at worst.

Cal, Stanford, and SMU got into the ACC with 3-4 schools that voted no.

Advertisement
Back